: St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota Meet

addison_ii
08-04-05, 05:55 PM
Okay here it goes. I see that a few people live in the area. I have recently relocated to the Twin City Metro area. Being so I am just wondering if anybody who lives nearby, or who would like to make the drive, would like to have a mini meet in the near future. If so, list dates, times, and possible locations. Hopefully if enough people are up for this idea, we can get this party started and have ourselves a grand ole time. I'm looking forward to any suggestions and hopefully getting to meet all of you soon.:yup:

Addison_II:)

derrty_deville
08-05-05, 11:55 PM
im down for it as long as i can get the car back into service. at the moment i dont have many ideas but if sonething comes to me ill let you know. lets do this

addison_ii
08-06-05, 12:00 AM
My Caddy is still in Michigan getting serviced as well:( :mad: . But I will be there repping Caddys and CadillacForums even if I have to rent a Caddy.:D

AmesCTS-V
08-06-05, 01:26 AM
I'm interested. It would have to be a Friday or Saturday night since I'd have a 3-4 hour drive. The south end of the cities would be best.

TNT V
08-06-05, 05:32 AM
Count me in. Let me know further details.

90Brougham350
08-06-05, 11:07 AM
Let's Caddy it up! I'm there.

Brian

addison_ii
08-06-05, 03:42 PM
Thanks for chiming in guys. I have emailed quite a few people and so far everyone who responded is all for a meet. I'm off every weekend so any weekend is good for me.
StealthV will be busy moving family and business until mid September so I suggest any weekend in October. He has even offered the following:
Moving and the StealthV business will be keeping me busy until mid-September. Id be up for anytime after that. Probably could do a little business sponsorship of the get together and offer free installation of any StealthV accessory, reduced cost tuning or something along those lines. Some dates that come to mind are Oct1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, and so on. So everyone pick a good date for you and see which is the most popular as that will be the date of the meet. As for activities, I'm up for some grilling, cruising, card playing, any sport( just in case a few of you want to get on the court). I will be looking for a location that can accomodate a nice size crowd and some off street parking. If anybody has a place in mind, post it, and I'll go and check it out.
Thanks everyone. Let's keep each other posted and I'll see you all soon.
Addison_II

georgekelp
08-06-05, 07:00 PM
Im in Hopkins/Minnetonka. Let me know.

derrty_deville
08-06-05, 07:26 PM
october would probably be good. i dont know of any locations on the south side but i'll keep an eye out. keep us updated on the attendance count. so far the activities sound good too. hell, this meet is getting more hits than i thought it would. woohoo

addison_ii
08-06-05, 07:58 PM
Alright how about Como Park in St. Paul? You can view some of the things the park has to offer here: http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/parks/userguide/comopark.html#picnicinfo. As for the date let's go with with October 15th (a saturday)at 2pm sign-in starts. I have posted this topic on Caddy Info as well. I will scout Como Park this upcoming week to make sure there will be enough parking and to apply for any permits that may be needed. Let know how many people that will be attending in your party and if this date and time is good for you. Either reply here or contact me at Addison_II(at)hotmail.com. As for cruising routes I don't know any yet but I suspect we would want one that would give us maximum exposure. So I will be waiting for responses from everyone and hope to see you all soon.
Addison_II

AmesCTS-V
08-07-05, 02:57 PM
I've put together a couple of meets, http://www.amesgto.com, but I'm not sure if we have time to get sponsors, make tshirts, and put a site together. Next year for sure. I'll see if I can put together a bare bones site just for info and pics this year.

addison_ii
08-07-05, 03:11 PM
Ames, that site is great. Nice job on it BTW.I was thinking about getting some t-shirts made but I think that may just be personal preference. Something like hats with the Caddy Logo with CadillacForums.com on it with our user names on the side or back so that everyone would recognize everyone. The shirts would probably follow the same design. I was also thinking about doing the 2 day setup too but I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this.

99escalademan
08-07-05, 11:40 PM
Sounds good. I think also we should schedule a 30 min or so cruise, so that a bunch of caddys can tear up the streets:coolgleam

addison_ii
08-08-05, 04:56 PM
All right everyone, the date is set at October 15th, 2005. The beginning time will be at 1:00 pm. I need everyone who is definitely going to attend, to post a reply containing how many guests you are bringing with you. You can post the info on this thread or send me an email to addison_ii(at)hotmail.com. Also, I will be renting either the Como Shelter or the Como Midway Pavillion and that is why I need to get a head count. You can view both venues here: http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/parks/userguide/rates/como-rates.html
As the date gets closer more info regarding weather, new locations(if weather doesn't permit us to be outside), and cruising route will be posted(this can be amended as necessary if we want to "open up" the Caddys:D ).Activities will/can be cookout, b-ball, football, tennis, kite flying(whatever). I am on CadillacOwners.com everyday so feel free to post any suggestions you may have, as I will post a reply if not immediately, then within 24 hours. So far I have been getting a lot of emails about members volunteering as needed and members offering their expertise. I would like to tell of you :worship: Thank You!! Your help is appreciated and very much needed. With all of us working together this meet will be a success.:yup: Currently we have members coming from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, as well as our "neighbor to the north" Canada. I will be sending everyone either an email or PM with the final details. So clear your inboxes/PM boxes. Remember all suggestions are welcome. If you would like to talk me directly, send me a PM or email and I will provide my home number to you.
Hoping to see you all at the meet.:yup: :2thumbs: :excited: :woohoo:

Addison_II

AmesCTS-V
08-08-05, 10:47 PM
I bought CadillacMeet.com if we want a site to put up info on.

addison_ii
08-09-05, 06:21 PM
I bought CadillacMeet.com if we want a site to put up info on. Thanks a lot. It's appreciated very much:yup: . We already got an offer on a location to hold the next meet:) !! I'm filling out the paperwork for the permit on Thursday or Friday. Things are going great. I'm also going to scout an alternate location just in case the weather isn't in our favor.

TNT V
08-09-05, 06:29 PM
I'd be happy to lead a spirited 2 hour run on the twisties that our Corvette Club runs on for the CTS-V's. Any interest let me know. Guaranteed to set new limits on the G-meters!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-15-05, 12:20 AM
yeah it sounds good, i cant wait, i'll ask the day off of work!

addison_ii
09-10-05, 04:26 PM
All right everyone, I have made accomodations for outdoor or if it rains, snows, etc indoor accomodations for the meet. Outdoor will include grilling, cruising, and any other outdoor activities and indoor will include cooking, bigscreen T.V. and any other indoor activity. Just wanted to update everyone because it's been about a month since anyone posted and I just wanted to let my fellow forums buddies know it was still on for the meet. Looking forward to meeting you all about 4 1/2 weeks.

Addison_II

georgekelp
09-17-05, 11:48 PM
Hey this sounds amazing! Is there a cover price? I might show up. I will either bring only myself. Or myself and a friend. What are the ages of people attending? I am 17. Will this work out ok?

addison_ii
09-17-05, 11:58 PM
There is no cover charge but you can contribute if you like. Your age isn't a problem I'm 24 and people 17-?? will be in attendance. The outdoor place can hold 125 and the indoor can hold at least 40-50 .So bringing guest is ok.The only requirement is you like/own a caddy.:D The outdoor location will be at Como Park and the indoor(if weather forces us to be inside) will the community room at my apartment complex which is completely furnished/full kitchen/ big screen HDTV/ Card,game tables, Indoor pool and such. Hope to see you there.

georgekelp
09-18-05, 07:47 PM
How do we know to go to your apartment or wher it is for that matter?

georgekelp
09-18-05, 08:01 PM
How many people do you roughly have so far?

addison_ii
09-22-05, 11:12 PM
How do we know to go to your apartment or wher it is for that matter? If the weather is inclement and we have to bring the meet indoors then we will meet at the community room. My apartment complex is on Wilson in St.Paul. As the date draws closer then I will post the direct telephone line to the community room(you have to be buzzed in), address, and directions from the N, W, S, and E for those who aren't familiar with the city. But hopefully we can still be outdoors and have our cars shined up and ready for close-ups. As of now we have at least 20 people who will be in attendance. So I hope to see everyone there. Only 3 weeks to go. :woohoo:

addison_ii
10-07-05, 04:29 PM
Alright everyone, 1 more week to go. Everyone who will be in attendance, post and state how many guests you will be bringing. The address for the meet is 2150 Wilson Avenue, St.Paul, Minnesota 55119. PM me and I will provide my home number. See you all next week.

AmesCTS-V
10-10-05, 11:34 AM
So this is at your apartment now reguardless of weather?

addison_ii
10-10-05, 04:03 PM
So this is at your apartment now reguardless of weather? If the weather is good then it can still be held outside at a park but if it's still crappy weather then we will have to have a good ole time indoors. So let's hope it's nice out. But even if it's nice out then we can still meet at my apartment and Caddy cruise( well my SLS can't make in time:crying: , it'll arrive 2 weeks later)to the park.:bouncy:

AmesCTS-V
10-10-05, 08:40 PM
So it's 1PM Sat at your apartment?

addison_ii
10-10-05, 11:41 PM
That's correct. I'll give you my home number so that you can call me when you get here. Just PM me and I'll provide the goods :D The community room at my complex is really nice. Big screen, lots of seating/table surfaces, full kitchen. There is also a pool and fitness center for those who are inclined. I was also thinking of a potluck type setting. I'll make buffalo/Bar-B Q wings if anyone's interested. Or there's a nice buffet around the corner for about 6.50 lunch/8.50 dinner.

AmesCTS-V
10-13-05, 01:09 PM
I'd be driving 4 hours so I was hoping to see a lot more posts this week...

90Brougham350
10-13-05, 01:44 PM
Well, at least addison and I'll be there to admire your V. Still looking at around 20 people addison?

Brian

addison_ii
10-13-05, 04:39 PM
I have been throwing around the idea at work. So far about 3-5 coworkers are coming. So we should have around 20 people if everyone who replied here and at CaddyInfo attend.But if we end up being the only people there we'll still have a good time.
Ames, there is a fully furnished guest apartment at my complex if you don't want to make 4 hour drive back the same day. I hope everyone who replied here will be there.
See you all soon.

MN CTS-VETT
10-14-05, 01:37 PM
Sounds like Saturday will be a great weather day. Are we planning a drive on Saturday? Fall colors are optional and could create optimal photograph possibilites. State route 35 in Wisconsin is usually a good choice, but I don't want to change any reservations or event timing we have set up.

AmesCTS-V
10-14-05, 01:43 PM
If I'm driving up to the cities it seems like Famous Daves is a must.

Addison thanks for the offer, we have got a lot of family in area though so we are covered.

TNT V
10-14-05, 02:38 PM
I guess I'll pass on the weekend. I mis-read the original post and thought we were talking about a CTS-V gathering. As I stated before, I would be happy to lead a 2 to 4 hour spirited cruise of the twisties in Wisconsin and arrange a great dining spot for a break. These cars are meant to be driven and I sure would like to meet up with some fellow V owners and run the backroads. Addison, have a great get together and hopefully we'll see some of you V owners on the roads around the Twin Cities.

AmesCTS-V
10-14-05, 02:49 PM
It should be fun either way and I'm 90% sure I'm going, but I do think there will be V's there.

addison_ii
10-14-05, 04:02 PM
TNT V, you should come anyway. While it is not a sole V meet, we would like to see some V's in attendance. You V guys can still open up the V's on I-35 or any local routes you know of. So I hope you'll change your mind and join us while we Caddy it up in the Twin Cities. It looks like it's going to be good weather so the meet can stay outdoors if everbody is in agreement with that. See you all tomorrow.

90Brougham350
10-14-05, 11:53 PM
Come on TNT! Join us! Let us gaze upon your V while my 90 Brougham with the funny looking paint and broken antenna sits near by! The meet is 15 minutes from Stillwater!

Brian

r1ryda14
10-15-05, 03:38 AM
addison ii
I appreciate all the work you done to get this together. I'll be there. Later

addison_ii
10-15-05, 02:05 PM
My number is six,five, one(area code) seven,one,four,eight,seven,eight.

addison_ii
10-15-05, 07:28 PM
Well the "Meet" is officially over. The members in attendance included myself, 90Brougham350, MN CTS-VETT, and 90Borugham's friend James. We got to gaze upon the holy CTS-V belonging to MN CTS-Vett. He even treated us to a small show while leaving.(Thanks, it made our day !!) 90Brougham350 brought the wonderful looking Light Antelope Brougham by and made my TC look a mess. While waiting 2 hours for any more members to show, we got hungry and decided to go and grab some chinese food. We had a good time conversing over some good food. Well it was a small meet but a nice one indeed. Thanks Brian(90Brougham305) James, and Brian(MN CTS-VETT) for attending the first annual Minnesota Caddy Meet. Next year we'll do it right and get more people to attend.:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-29-05, 04:38 PM
We should do a meet in spring/summer of '06!
maybe take em to a dragstrip?? cruise around?

AmesCTS-V
12-29-05, 04:59 PM
I'm going to put together one in Ames in June. Since Ames is right at I35 and I80 it should draw from the Cities, Omaha, KC, and Chicago. I'm going to combine it with the Third Annual GTO one. http://www.amesgto.com

90Brougham350
12-29-05, 06:03 PM
We should do a meet in spring/summer of '06!
maybe take em to a dragstrip?? cruise around?

I still love LC's original idea, at Como Park. I'l be back in the country by mid-April, wait for me!

derrty_deville
02-06-06, 11:41 PM
Well, if we plan on doing anything we should start planning soon. I like the Como idea too. I'm open to anytime around April right now. Dragstrip might sound fun too but is there one around?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-07-06, 12:51 AM
Como park sounds great! The nearest (legal) drag strip is in Brainerd International Raceway or Rock Falls, Wisconsin. Both are like an hour and a half away.