: '06 V8 SRX Lower Price = Less Content?

c5 rv
08-04-05, 10:21 AM
The base price for an '05 V8 SRX is listed at about $50K on GMbuypower. The base price for an '06 V8 SRX is listed at about $48K on a recent GM news release. Will there be an actual price drop or will the '06 models have less content? Maybe no standard ultraview?

b4z
08-04-05, 10:31 AM
They should never have made the Ultraview standard on the V8s.

Don't know if anybody has pointed this out yet but YTD Cadillac has made less than half as many SRXs in '05 as they did in '04!

john d
08-04-05, 11:25 AM

Don't know if anybody has pointed this out yet but YTD Cadillac has made less than half as many SRXs in '05 as they did in '04!

What are the 04 and 05 production numbers?

syrob@MSN.COM
08-04-05, 11:35 AM
Agree, I am tall, so only the non-Ultra is for me...

Plus safer in a roll over and less weight on top= better handling...

AND no squeeks..

SYROB

c5 rv
08-04-05, 11:57 AM

Probably why Cadillac had a fire-sale on leftover '04s last winter and why no one has seen any '06s yet. I usually see a number of car carriers I-96 every morning with new cars from the Grand River plant. No SRXs yet. Capitol Cadillac in Lansing has a bunch of '06 STS & CTS units on the ground, but no SRXs yet. GM extended the employee discount for everyone program until September so they can get more $$ out of the leftover cars than previous heavy discounts.

inline6
08-04-05, 01:01 PM
Rumor is GM is changing their pricing on some models to reduce list price (and dealer profit margin) to get to the everyone pays the same price model similar to what they have tried to do with Saturn.

gjnockie
08-04-05, 08:24 PM

Its easy to understand why... the car is a piece of crap! My 05 V-6 2WD with 2200 miles on it is a creaking pile of junk! I curse the day I drove it home. The worst part of the whole expierience is the attitude of Cadillac, they just don't understand what the words "customer service" means!

DG2
08-04-05, 11:39 PM
GM is changing prices on all their cars in order to get out of the rebate trap. Smart move !

I have seen a big increase in the number of SRX's in metro NY/Long Island. It is an awesome car that is "just the right" size and their is a huge "buzz" amoungst the Long Island housewifes that the SRX is the "it" car to have....

Cadillacs new ad confirms their target market;

" Not all housewifes are desperate". A black SRX in the background.

clever....

Playdrv4me
08-05-05, 01:34 AM
Its easy to understand why... the car is a piece of crap! My 05 V-6 2WD with 2200 miles on it is a creaking pile of junk! I curse the day I drove it home. The worst part of the whole expierience is the attitude of Cadillac, they just don't understand what the words "customer service" means!

Thats too bad because if any one vehicle in Cadillac's line-up should be the shining star right now its the SRX. With the huge SUV/Sportwagon/Crossover movement going on right now, the SRX is positioned to really take the cake from alot of other brands that are just now beginning to experiment in the marketplace. Unfortunately the only thing holding the SRX back is the one thing the STS/CTS seem to be doing very well in, and thats owner satisfaction and overall quality. I know that the argument can always be made that people will voice problems and most people will never tell you if they arent having any at all, but it still seems the number of problematic units to good units in this forum is quite a bit higher than any of the others, and the problems are not just little things, I check in here every so often and I see everything from DVD unit malfunctions, to unintended airbag deployments. This is not good.

Hopefully cadillac will correct the issues that are plaguing this vehicle right now with the 06 and 07 models, but unfortunately, by that time the vehicle will be halfway through its run. Id say its questionable right now whether the SRX makes it to a full redesign given the pending release of the new Escalade and the fact that their are plans in the works to release an "X3" sized contender as well. Lets hope the SRX doesnt turn into another Cadillac "woulda, coulda, shoulda been" vehicle.

gjnockie
08-05-05, 11:05 PM
Hopefully Cadillac won't have the opportunity to correct the problems in 06 or 07, they will do us all a favor and go out of business first, why? Because they deserve to! When a customer spends 50K for a luxury car he or she expects to get a luxury car and luxury car treatment when they have service issues. These guys just don't get it!

It is my belief that one of their biggest problems is their dealers. I have brought my car to 3 different dealers in the hope that 1 of them could resolve my issues. To date none of them have! I give up! Cadillac customer service could care less, what a shame, they still have not learned their lesson. They sold a few more cars during this employee discount thing so now they can afford to be cocky again, big mistake!

I own 2 other luxury cars, a Lexus which after almost 4 years old and is still as tight and trouble free as the day I drove it off the dealers lot and a BMW which is light years ahead of this junk box from Detroit.

Whenever I bring either of the other two cars to the dealer for routine service (because thats all they ever need) the treatment I receive is so much better I can't even describe it.

To think I traded in a Lincoln Navigator for the SRX, I wish I could get my Lincoln back! Not only was it a superior vehicle.. the Lincoln dealers do undertand what the words "customer service" mean!

Good luck to all I hope you don't experience the grief I have.

keeton
08-05-05, 11:35 PM
Agree, I am tall, so only the non-Ultra is for me...

Plus safer in a roll over and less weight on top= better handling...

AND no squeeks..

SYROB

The UltraView opens to the outside and does take up any headroom. :yup:

The rear A/C does encroach on headroom on the sides, but even then, headroom is ample as I am tall and I can even stretch and not foul the headliner.

Playdrv4me
08-06-05, 01:18 AM
Hopefully Cadillac won't have the opportunity to correct the problems in 06 or 07, they will do us all a favor and go out of business first, why? Because they deserve to! When a customer spends 50K for a luxury car he or she expects to get a luxury car and luxury car treatment when they have service issues. These guys just don't get it!

It is my belief that one of their biggest problems is their dealers. I have brought my car to 3 different dealers in the hope that 1 of them could resolve my issues. To date none of them have! I give up! Cadillac customer service could care less, what a shame, they still have not learned their lesson. They sold a few more cars during this employee discount thing so now they can afford to be cocky again, big mistake!

I own 2 other luxury cars, a Lexus which after almost 4 years old and is still as tight and trouble free as the day I drove it off the dealers lot and a BMW which is light years ahead of this junk box from Detroit.

Whenever I bring either of the other two cars to the dealer for routine service (because thats all they ever need) the treatment I receive is so much better I can't even describe it.

To think I traded in a Lincoln Navigator for the SRX, I wish I could get my Lincoln back! Not only was it a superior vehicle.. the Lincoln dealers do undertand what the words "customer service" mean!

Im very sorry to hear youve had such a poor experience. Have you tried seeing if someone can get you in contact with the regional representative for GM or Cadillac? You might have to tighten the screws a little bit, but since youve already got the car you might as well fight it out and get the service you deserve, or sell it as soon as you can...

By the way, you said the two words that should never be uttered on this Forum... "Lexus" and "BMW"... hehe, Im sure your going to hear how poorly someones experience was with their Lex or BMW now, but the bottom line is, I feel your pain and I understand what you mean. I owned Lexuses, BMW's, Lincolns and a Cadillac, and by far the least impressive service experience I had was the Cadillac. BUT, they are taking great strides to improve the dealership experience and slowly but surely it is beginning to show.

c5 rv
08-06-05, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad service experience. I recently had my CTS in to Capitol Cadillac in Lansing, MI and have nothing but good things to say about those folks. They were professional, fixed it right, and didn't waste my time. The called and said they ordered parts, including a mass air flow sensor. Since I have a Volant intake, I was waiting to hear that the oiled air filter cause the MAFS failure, so I'd have to pay. But, not a word about that. Everything was covered under warranty.

DG2
08-06-05, 08:48 AM

While I am certain that depending on the dealership, anyone can have a bad service experience with ANY car.

That said I must disagree with everything you said. First in the past 2 years I have purchased 3 Cadillac's, '04 CTS-'04 SRX and the '05 STS. These were not only the first Cadillac's I ever purchased but the first GM products I have ever owned. These Cadillac's have been the most reliable , enjoyable cars I have ever owned -period. Aside from the recalls on the SRX and a creaking ultraview every now and again, the SRX has been great! My STS is a "jaw dropper" and is darn near perfect. The CTS my brother now owns and after 39,000 miles-perfect. I have NO compliants from my Cadillac dealership except they have not modernized the dealership. WHile it looks like a circa 1970's dealership, they do the job !

That said, my previous $55,000 BMW X5 was a piece of shit! Yes the BMW dealership was fancy and the servce people wore suit's. But in the end they never fixed the mulitude of problems I had with the X5 and after many letters to BMW begging them to get me out of my lease ( into a new BMW) they refused by NEVER RESPONDING TO MY LETTER'S! SO, don't come on this site and rave about BMW. Genral Motor's is light years ahead of them in the customer servce department. When I filled out a survey after purchasing the first car (CTS) I mentioned that the dealership needs to have a "high end" look and that it was outdated. I receved a call from a real GM marketing rep asking me if I had any other concerns and if I had any reccomendations that they could passs on to the dealership. Small example but that shows that GM does care and as I mentioned , BMW never even respoded to 3 letters including one to the CEO!!!:yup:

gjnockie
08-06-05, 11:29 AM
Here's a couple of little stories to chew on!

Cadillac customer service calls a dealer in my area (Maroone Cadillac) and made arrangements for me to bring the car in to get it repaired. I then take off from work go to the dealer where the service rep was supposed to give me a car to drive... the first thing the rep does is walk around the back of the car to see if I purchased it there and then poceeds to tell me that I should come back again the following week to have the car fixed. So much for Cadillac's phone call, it meant nothing. They have no regard whatsoever for a customers time. Most people that buy these cars are busy and have better things to do than to drive from dealer to dealer to get their car fixed.

Then next dealer (Ed Morse Cadillac) makes an appointment for me to bring the car in and then makes me wait 2 hours before telling me that they have no rental car to provide after I was told by the service rep they he reserved a Cadillac for me to drive, so they bring me back to my office... 6 hours later they bring me a Dodge to drive which I must say had no sqeaks, creaks or rattles whatsoever, and that was a beat up rental car! After keeping the car for 2 days and fixing nothing they managed to scratch my chrome shifter surround and spray so much silicone inside my console that it was dripping out all over the carpet. So much for the great GM feeling!

The bottom line is the Ulta-View sunroof is a joke, they will never be able to make it quiet and the worst part of it all is that they had to know about the roof from the begining.. but in typical GM fashion instead of getting it right before they sold the cars they would rather take their chances and come up with a fix later!

In the past 15 years I have mostly owned Japanese cars.. I have had no trouble with any of them, I know they are no perfect, nothing is, but from now on for me the smart bet is buy Japanese cars... I just like the odds better.

Oh, and by the way I would trade my SRX for BMW X5 in a minute if I could get out of my lease.... Any Takers?

BANK
08-06-05, 09:29 PM
While I am treated well by my dealership, the service writers appear to be suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. They have difficulty communicating with me and never seem to understand what needs to be fixed, even when I actually demonstrate the problem. They seem very stressed out. It must be from dealing with the general public.

So far, every problem that I have asked to be corrected has not been. My rear window washer has never worked and they somehow broke the wiper motor, it hasn't worked in at least six months, with two trips in to have the problem fixed. The trip computer/display/CD unit was replaced, but apparently the replacement unit has the same problem as the original. Brakes (rotors) were turned, but are still warped, noticeable at above 60, not real bad, but not acceptable. And the most disappointing event was they took the performance when some reflash was performed. As I understand it my car wasn't supposed to have that done as it is a RWD-V8 version. One more thing I find irritating is grease/oily dirt on the leather every time I have picked up the car.

I do like the vehicle and find it very pleasing to drive with no major problems, so far. There are the few issues mentioned above, but having owned numerous cars I believe the SRX is a cut above many. I think people don't understand the problems many premium brands have, even the European ones. M-B have some serious QC issues and BMW have had trouble for years, I hear Jaguars are improving and now very good. Lexis is apparently the king of quality so maybe next time, but what model, I sort of like the IS 300, but its too small, maybe the GS430?

I will replace the rotors myself and ultimately repair the rear wiper and washer when I get motivated. I give up on the trip computer/CD player. It suffles happily and its always a guess as to when the mileage display will reset itself. So far it has not run down the battery. Cars, like life are far from perfect.

DG2
08-06-05, 11:00 PM
While so many other luxury car's can have a problem (yes, even a Lexus) I just get so angry about how we consumer's are harder on GM & Ford when it comes to such problems. Owners of German luxury cars that are experiencing many problems just don't seem to get as pissed as some owners of say a Cadillac SRX. There is such a high level of "snob appeal" that comes with the purchasing of a luxury German car that most consumers will accept anything the dealership /company tells them.

I know people who leased a BMW 7 series and the car was in the shop every month, but they claim they love it and leased another one! Why, because it's a $80,000 BMW 7 Series and they feel they have to be seen in it.

I think as Cadillac continues it's accent back up to The Standard of The World again, consumers will once again be so happy they actually own a Cadillac that when and if a problem occurs they will treat it with a shoulder shrug ( for the most part). By the way , I give Cadillac until the 2007 model year to overtake Lexus as the number one selling luxury car maker in the world. I also think the boy's at UAW will pull off the number one spot in quailty as well.

;)

gjnockie
08-07-05, 10:29 AM
You have got to be kidding, Cadillac will never overtake Lexus in terms of quality. The Japanese worker thinks differently and are generally better educated than our Detroit wonders. Do you think that the Japanese are going to be sitting on their hands waiting for Cadillac to catch up to them?

Yes, Lexus cars do break too, but in my personal expierience every time I buy a Japanese car I never have any problems with it. Every time I make the mistake of buying an American car I have nothing but trouble with it. Wake up people, the best selling car in the US is the Toyota Camry not a Chevy.

The UAW workers are a joke, you will start to see a shift in auto production to Canada, why? Because the workers are better and Canada has national healthcare which is a tremendous savings for the auto manufacturers. Until the UAW workers understand that when they are building a car they have to build it as if their jobs depended on it... because it does!

I laugh when I read about Northstar engine de-tuning, sunoof issues, and so much more... but you all love your cars and would buy it again, not me.

BANK
08-07-05, 02:31 PM
I don't think the UAW has a lot to do with the problems my Cadillac has. The design and subing out of the radio/CD player poor body panel design and or manufacturing process not related to assembly seem to be the problem, as well as, lack of a cogent dealer network seem to be the issue. The basis design is good to very good. Failure to work out the details is not a UAW issue, its a management issue.

louisn
08-07-05, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=gjnockie]
Yes, Lexus cars do break too, but in my personal expierience every time I buy a Japanese car I never have any problems with it. Every time I make the mistake of buying an American car I have nothing but trouble with it. Wake up people, the best selling car in the US is the Toyota Camry not a Chevy.
QUOTE]

gjnockie, :shhh: ISN'T the Camry made in the USA:shhh: ???????????????????:eek: :eek:

DG2
08-08-05, 07:23 AM
When we bought a new VERY Japanese 2001 Honda Odeyssey minivan it needed a new front end in only six 6 months. It also needed to have the power sliding doors fixed 3 times , as they would not close properly. Japenese cars break as much or more then some UAW made American car's. That is a fact !

UAW is on the verge of some major changes and I am confident that the team in Lansing can bring Cadillac back to the top. Remember, Cadillac ( UAW products) were at the top first and for many years. Cadillac created the dam segment in the first place. Look at union labor run HARLEY-DAVIDSON USA ! Negaholics like some on this site might of owned one of the older Harley's and counted them out of buisness based on poor design/quaiity in the early '80s. But, Harley mangement got in synch with labor, had a mission to be the best again and turned around the company so successfully that the model is taught in business schools around the country. The rest is history. I said it before but Cadillac is following the Harley-Davidson model, and Cadillac's sales numbers is proof that everything is working as planned. Think about it, a Cadillac is the "it" car to own !!!:)

Why don't you have confidence in your fellow US worker that they can get there again? Just because they belong to a union does not mean there bad. Unions still do alot of good and the issues surrunding recent problems at GM are NOT UAW related.

I will bet you by 2009 Cadillac will be on top.