: Toyota FJ 2007 (thumbs up or down?)

powerglide
08-03-05, 09:17 PM
I think it pretty cool, I like the idea of a $22,000 FJ ressurection.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=2/2757644664354965.JPG

Ralph
08-03-05, 09:18 PM
Too much like a larger Element IMO.

powerglide
08-04-05, 03:20 PM
Damn no one cares about this car at all..... :-(

Ralph
08-04-05, 03:45 PM
It does look like the 1960's Landcruiser, to a degree......I'm not sure if that's good or bad though... :shhh: :hmm:

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 03:49 PM
that thing is a migraine on wheels.

powerglide
08-04-05, 04:01 PM
LOL....

I am still a believer....that picture is of the concept car so its a little over the top....hoping the real one is more palitable

ben72227
08-04-05, 04:09 PM
NO! Toyota is NOT MOPAR, they can't build these ugly retro throwbacks and expect people to like them. It just DOESN'T fit Toyota's image, and besides, they already have the Scion thing...

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 04:18 PM
looks like it drove into halford's window and all the bits stuck on! covered in tacky add ons is what springs to mind when i see it :nono: :vomit:

SilverCTS
08-04-05, 04:42 PM
I also like it.

We probably would never buy something like this.

The wife and I tend to gravitate towards luxury cars, but this wouldn't be a bad choice for a 3rd (utility type) car.

Playdrv4me
08-04-05, 04:45 PM
I like it.

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 04:48 PM
doesnt it seem too brash to you guys? i mean it might be okay if they madeit one colour and took all the stick ons off

SilverCTS
08-04-05, 04:49 PM
One other thing...

I hate to start another religous war, but since it is a Toyota, you know it will be a billion times more reliable than a Land Rover.

SilverCTS
08-04-05, 04:52 PM
doesnt it seem too brash to you guys? i mean it might be okay if they madeit one colour and took all the stick ons off

It isn't the type of car we would drive to the country club.

But it would be a pretty cool car for taking the kids to the beach.

Ralph
08-04-05, 04:53 PM
One other thing...

I hate to start another religous war, but since it is a Toyota, you know it will be a billion times more reliable than a Land Rover.

OOoooooo, them's fightin' words to MC!! :want:

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 04:54 PM
One other thing...

Yes it will never break, but it will never have a heart,or any soul, or be as good at anything a Land Rover does. My Range Rover has given me three years of loyal serive and has been driven like it was hired. off road, over hills, through rivers (fords are great for keeping the underbody clean) and it has never once died on me. id take a Discovery over that thing any day though......i might like it more IF it was one colour, didnt have that stupid thing on the roof, had proper windows in the right places, and those mirrors are awful....

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 04:55 PM
OOoooooo, them's fightin' words to MC!! :want:

you got me ralph :p and the place i come from "hello" is a fighting word ;)

majax
08-04-05, 04:55 PM
It is Toyotas take on the Honda Element but it is even uglier and more intrusive.

SilverCTS
08-04-05, 04:57 PM
Yes it will never break, but it will never have a heart,or any soul, or be as good at anything a Land Rover does. My Range Rover has given me three years of loyal serive and has been driven like it was hired. off road, over hills, through rivers (fords are great for keeping the underbody clean) and it has never once died on me. id take a Discovery over that thing any day though......i might like it more IF it was one colour, didnt have that stupid thing on the roof, had proper windows in the right places, and those mirrors are awful....

Sorry. I didn't know you had a Land Rover. 2 of my neighbors do. They are really nice inside (very luxurious). One of my neighbors has had very good luck; the other not such good luck.

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 05:00 PM
Sorry. I didn't know you had a Land Rover. 2 of my neighbors do. They are really nice inside (very luxurious). One of my neighbors has had very good luck; the other not such good luck.

Nothing to be sorry about CTS. I just wouldnt buy anything but a Range Rover for my off roading.....although i do know not all people can afford such a car, but surely there are less ugly vehicles in that market sector? i mean you dont wanna scare your kids do you? or even worse it kinda looks like a toy and they might play with it....

majax
08-04-05, 05:11 PM
A Nissan X-terra would be my pick over the Toyota.

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 05:13 PM
A Nissan X-terra would be my pick over the Toyota.

It certainly looks better! Nissan are making some great cars right now.....the Almera lets it down though....

majax
08-04-05, 05:15 PM
We don't have an Almera equivelant over here so I could say all their cars are pretty great. I like the Maxima when it is fully loaded with the dual sun roofs.

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 05:27 PM
We don't have an Almera equivelant over here so I could say all their cars are pretty great. I like the Maxima when it is fully loaded with the dual sun roofs.

A frend of mine drives an almera, hes a driving instructor, he says it has the widest gear box ever, and its just old. I liked the old maxima, but they took it off the market here because it depreciated like a Steinway falling off a building. as did the camry..... Here we have the Micra, the Almera, the Almera Tino, the Primera, the X-Trail, The Pathfinder, the X-Terra, the Patrol and other 4x4s that i forget

illumina
08-04-05, 05:34 PM
Didn't I see that Toyota thingy a long time ago on Sesame Street standing in for the letter B for Box?

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 05:40 PM
Didn't I see that Toyota thingy a long time ago on Sesame Street standing in for the letter B for Box?

hahahahahahahahahahaha! :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

powerglide
08-04-05, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty surprised....then again I thought the ridgeline looked good, but sales figures prove it kinda flopped....maybe its an omen for the fj too

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty surprised....then again I thought the ridgeline looked good, but sales figures prove it kinda flopped....maybe its an omen for the fj too

I also have this point to make. it has a silly name
4x4s are supposed to have manly, strong names, not letters

Range Rover
Defender
Discovery
Land Cruiser
Patrol
Pathfinder
Tribute
Explorer

the list goes on
FJ? fits in? no? element? no?

Playdrv4me
08-04-05, 07:59 PM
Well not necessarily. I mean the new Land Rover sells very well and it has a letter designation here in the states... "LR3", though outside of the U.S. its called the Discovery still. The QX56 does pretty well and its a 4X4. The FJ in FJ Cruiser is actually a harkening back to the original FJ Body Land Cruisers, so it at least has some history to it.

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 08:08 PM
Well not necessarily. I mean the new Land Rover sells very well and it has a letter designation here in the states... "LR3", though outside of the U.S. its called the Discovery still. The QX56 does pretty well and its a 4X4. The FJ in FJ Cruiser is actually a harkening back to the original FJ Body Land Cruisers, so it at least has some history to it.

I was unaware the LR wasnt sold as the disco' well maybe it works there. I just think i fyou have a big car, it should have a big name...... for example: DeVille......SeVille.....Phaeton....even though the XJR hasnt, it has a big "Jaguar" on it....i judt hink it oozes appeal if the car has a name that suits, i mean, Playdrv, you just sold an Avalanche right? that is a cool name!
Just my opinion on this, it sounds a bit, soft if you ask me FJ, and i also think its afwul looking, but i know some of you dont. So ill be quiet :bouncy:

addison_ii
08-04-05, 08:28 PM
i mean you dont wanna scare your kids do you? or even worse it kinda looks like a toy and they might play with it....
Dad, we're gonna take the FJ to show and tell. We won't break it. The other kids want to see our new toy.:D

mccombie_5
08-04-05, 08:32 PM
Dad, we're gonna take the FJ to show and tell. We won't break it. The other kids want to see our new toy.:D

hahahaha! you can imagine it, and kids walking down the street perring into your driveway and seeing that, bursting into tears and running home to mommy. Just like a porsche Ceyenne :D

Boombotz
08-04-05, 10:23 PM
That thing is ugly:vomit:

illumina
08-04-05, 11:46 PM
That thing is ugly:vomit:

Here you go. I have designed something with better style. Please enjoy my new concept:

Kels55
08-05-05, 12:53 PM
It looks like something made by Tonka, not Toyota.

I suspect that FJ must stand for "F**KING JOKE" because I would LMAO if I saw someone older than 10 driving it.

Sorry to those of you that actually like it, if what I said offended your opinions.

powerglide
08-05-05, 01:05 PM
It looks like something made by Tonka, not Toyota.

I suspect that FJ must stand for "F**KING JOKE" because I would LMAO if I saw someone older than 10 driving it.

Sorry to those of you that actually like it, if what I said offended your opinions.

..........its all good :-)