: I love this place

Caddy_freak
11-14-03, 09:17 AM
Hello I'm Caddy_Freak.

I'm only 33 but I've had 6 or 7 Caddy's over time. Mostly fleetwoods. My current car is a 1981 Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance with the V8-6-4 Motor.

My father was a Cadillac man and so was my Grand Father.
All my life I've been around Cadillac lovers,

except one uncle who seemed to have a thing for the 1970's chrysler NewYorkers, and Newports ( Big ones ):worship:

I grew up in New Brunswick Canada and have been in the US since 1992. I now live in NC. One of my friends down here has more Caddy's than anybody else I've ever met. This guy is unreal, he has his own Cadillac junkyard and his interest lay mostly with hearses & funeral cars.

But he's got hundreds of Caddy's so naturally I love to go see what he's got every once and awhile. and is a great source for parts. He's got a few of my old Caddy's too.

Want a good deal on a coffin? he's got a few of them too. He rents them out to the college students for holloween:shocked2:

I am extremly happy to have found this forum.
Anybody who likes Caddy's is a friend of mine.
Hope to make many new friends here too :cheers:

JJhomer83
11-14-03, 09:24 AM
WELCOME to the forums!!! :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Glad to have you on board. There is plenty of information on this board and plenty of people to meet. We would love to hear about your cars a little more. Do you have any pics??? I'm sure if your friend with the junkyard needs to get rid of things this is the place. I am always looking for parts for my car and i know others as well are too.

Hope to see you around.

Caddy_freak
11-14-03, 10:44 AM
well I'll try to remember them all.

1977 Sedan Deville light brown exterior same interior cloth
425 cu. in. (7.0 liters) Hight milage motor(transmition went bad) Local junk yard

1978? Coupe deville two tone black and silver (red interior cloth)
425 cu. in. (7.0 liters) this car had severe electrical problems, car stayed parked for 11 years motor still good, low miles 50,000 I think.
Big accident! (Brake failure) Car totall wreck now, It's at a local juck yard now. motor still there. He said he sell me motor and tranny back for $200 might have to go get that back.

1983 Coupe Deville HT4100 maroon exterior, cloth interior same color (motor from this car ended up in stepson's car)( body is in my friends junk yard)

1983 Sedan Deville HT4100 Gave it to my step son ( he still drives it)
blue/gray exterior light blue interior ( cloth seats )original motor blew up, (engine swap)

1985 Fleetwood Brougham HT 4100 blue/blue Leather seats (optional cb radio)( motor blew up) Friends junkyard

another 1985 Fleetwood Brougham HT4100 blue/blue leather seats( motor blew up) Friends junkyard( picture)

1987 Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance 307 olds light blue outside dark blue interior leather seats ( sold )( old picture)

1981 Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance V8-6-4 Motor, Silver with Gray interior, cloth seats, optional cb radio, Has Been modified to run on all 8 cyl all the time. 90,000 original miles, I'm the 3rd Owner, Car is emaculate
(keeping this one) no pictures yet

JJhomer83
11-14-03, 10:49 AM
That is one long list of cars you got there. The 8-6-4 motor is it really that bad that its a good idea to switch it over to the 8. I have no clue about them and they intrigue me a lot.

Caddy_freak
11-14-03, 11:41 AM
Well, as I have learned from experience the HT4100 = 4.1 is absolute Garbage.
trash motor/waste of time & money.:banghead2 This planet would have been a better place without it.

as far as the 6.0 V8-6-4 motor, I was curious about that myself. so I asked that exact question in this forum.

this link will take you to that discution

http://server.madisonross.com/~cadillac/forums/showthread.php?t=4728

Caddy_freak
11-22-03, 11:59 PM
WELCOME to the forums!!! :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Glad to have you on board. There is plenty of information on this board and plenty of people to meet. We would love to hear about your cars a little more. Do you have any pics??? I'm sure if your friend with the junkyard needs to get rid of things this is the place. I am always looking for parts for my car and i know others as well are too.

Hope to see you around.
well here you go, I took some pics. not the best ones I ever took, but it's a cheap camera.

Brix
03-09-06, 07:21 PM
WOW ! I never knew there were THIS many Caddy lovers on the planet.
Soooo, I'm registered here, reading the forums and FAQ's, and getting a general "feel" for this place- So far, Loving it. ;)
I've only owned my 1st Caddy ('85 DeVille) for about a year now. Previous car was a 84 Toronado. But I'm planning on sticking with this car for as long as I have $$$ to shovel into it. :)
It's got it's problems, but I'm pouring over the forums here to see if I can find some of the answers I need before posting a question.
Thanks for being here! :)

Tony
:thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/TheLawnMowerMan/MyCaddy.jpg

CADDYBLACK99
03-10-06, 07:32 AM
Welcome Caddy Freak!

Looks like you landed in the right place! We all share the same passion as you about Cadillac. You will find the knowledge here deep and many new friends to share stories with! Good luck! Thanks for signing up with us!
:welcome:
Paul

Elo
03-10-06, 09:24 AM
Holy dead thread revival, Batman!

But welcome aboard! :D

-Elo

Boombotz
03-11-06, 02:50 PM
Welcome Caddy Freak!

Looks like you landed in the right place! We all share the same passion as you about Cadillac. You will find the knowledge here deep and many new friends to share stories with! Good luck! Thanks for signing up with us!
:welcome:
Paul

HAHAHAHA,,,,
Caught you not paying atention. :thepan: :alchi: j/k, lol