: HEck of a deal on new V, time to order goodies

alcast082
08-03-05, 01:04 AM
hello guys, I just got a new cts-v for dirt cheap so I am very happy with the deal. The best part is that the car is evrything I expected and more. I ended up paying around 10grand less than the m3 i was looking at and got more options on it.
Anyways I broke it in and as soon as I hit 1000 miles I started going higher with the revs and man does this thing fly. Ofcourse like 90% of people here it will never be enough so i want to start of with the basics, COLD AIR INTAKE< UUC short thow shifter and ofcourse the stealth tune.
I was pretty happy with the power until I raced a boosted evo and was not able to pull away from him. It was late and there was no one on the road and was itching to see what the car could do. We both pulled from 40 to about 110 on the freeway and the evo probably gained a foot on me with every shift. I am still getting used to the car so it is ok but man was that car fast a 400hp cts vs a turbo lancer. those evo's are really fast, All i heard was his turbo blowoff valve with every shift. I used to drive a turbo acura type-r so i know that these cars can be quick but i was really impressed with the evo.
ANY HOW it is time to add a few ponies to my car.
I;m thinking ffv cold air intake the tune from stealth v and the uuc shifter so i can put the old shifter in the bin where it should be.
ANY ideas or does the TUNE GO FOR?
Stealth help me out here, I know your busy but we need some power here in miami with these fast ass cars.
Thanks guys i'm simply going crazy over this car even though it's already back at the delear to fix the wheelhop and an annoying clutch that sticks in the weirdest moments.
1200 miles so far hopefully i got a good one.:coolgleam

StealthV
08-03-05, 01:36 AM
My recommendation - LPE CAI or the new one I'm installing, testing and tuning this Saturday - we'll have to wait and see if it works well. :shhh:

Busy? Just finished up improving a dyno tune that was previously done by a "pro" shop on a Maggied V. $500 for them changing three maps wasn't worth a hill of beans. :sneaky:

Send me an email for tune information. :cheers:

alcast082
08-03-05, 09:02 AM
thanks rick, email sent under alcast082@msn.com

I've had injen and aem on the teggie and currently have a volant cold air intake in my hemi quad cab and I think by far the best built was the volant. Take a look at them
I would love an intake like that for my V. They have the look down packed, easy things like covering the top of the airbox with a carbon fiber lid and moving the heat air sensor in to the box so it will read colder and more air.

alcast082
08-03-05, 09:08 AM
Here are some pics of the one for the ram and one that i found for the cts not the V though http://www.volantperformance.com

alcast082
08-03-05, 09:09 AM
Here are some pics of the one for the ram and one that i found for the cts not the V though http://www.volantperformance.com (http://www.volantperformance.com/)

Joey'sVee
08-03-05, 09:17 AM
hmmmmmmm...

StealthV
08-03-05, 11:41 AM
The system I'm installing and tuning this week on a customer's car is a Volant. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. This is the first one they've shipped for our cars and it may be just be enough to sway me from the LPE which has it's own pros/cons.

alcast082
08-03-05, 01:53 PM
I;ve been happy with mine in my dodge and would love to have that quality and finish in the V, it won't hurt to add a little carbon fiber look under the hood.
Stealth are you using the cts air intake or a corvette one, I did not see one on their website for the V.
Also let me know whats up with the tune at alcast082@msn.com
thanks
fonso

StealthV
08-03-05, 03:27 PM
The Volant intake kit I'm installing is made for the V. The kit was just finished so it will be a little bit before it is geared up and hitting the streets.

alcast082
08-03-05, 05:07 PM
Let me know how the tuning goes on that one. Also since you have had experience with the other intakes let me know as far as performance and finish if the volant is worth it. I'm sure it will come out on the low 300's

lawfive
08-03-05, 05:21 PM
.Busy? Just finished up improving a dyno tune that was previously done by a "pro" shop on a Maggied V. $500 for them changing three maps wasn't worth a hill of beans. :sneaky:

Rick: assuming it was mine, that tune was free... Made a huge diff overall 'cause it went along with getting the Maggie up to 6.5 - 6.7 pounds.

Can't wait to get your tune into the V...

Jerry

OldRoadDawg
08-03-05, 07:51 PM
hello guys, I just got a new cts-v for dirt cheap so I am very happy with the deal.

Would you define "dirt cheap" to a guy who is really cheap? :rolleyes: $$$?

alcast082
08-03-05, 10:00 PM
sure , this was a shocker even to me thats why I dropped my negotiations with the m3 and got back my deposit.

alcast082
08-03-05, 10:04 PM
I was paying 56 for an 05 m3 with a ton of options just how i wanted it and on the side i kept negotiating the v with a dealer that is far in the middle of farms. I GOT MY V FOR 42500 out the door, new with 32 miles on it. I had to take it, I can tell you, it took me a while and
i was in no rush so i waited and when i saw the opportunity i took it.
bye bye m3, for more than ten grand less i got an amazing car.

blown65
08-03-05, 11:40 PM
I have one of those Volants in my Truck, very nice construction.

alcast082
08-05-05, 02:40 PM
stealth any word on when we should expect the volant intake