: Hurry! West Coast Cigar Afficianado's needed ASAP!!!! PLEASE!

RBraczyk
08-02-05, 08:16 PM
I'm going out to the west coast friday, starting with two days on Camano Island in Peugot sound, and then flying to San Fran and staying at the Hyatt in Burlingame.

WHERE CAN I BUY AND OR SMOKE CIGARS!!!!!!! :bighead:

Kev
08-02-05, 08:50 PM
I'm going out to the west coast friday, starting with two days on Camano Island in Peugot sound, and then flying to San Fran and staying at the Hyatt in Burlingame.

WHERE CAN I BUY AND OR SMOKE CIGARS!!!!!!! :bighead:The Concierge at the Hyatt should be able to help you with that. Burlingame is rather small as are the other communities around SFIA. There will be lot's of places in the city.

What's the trip for, vacation?

RBraczyk
08-02-05, 10:47 PM
Yea, we're visiting sausalito, redwood forests, napa valley, and fishermans wharf, as well as many other places.

Washington is to meet and for my stepdad to see his family out there. Should be nice and relaxing.

Kev
08-02-05, 11:00 PM
Yea, we're visiting sausalito, redwood forests, napa valley, and fishermans wharf, as well as many other places.

Washington is to meet and for my stepdad to see his family out there. Should be nice and relaxing.Sounds like a lot of fun. The redwood forrests are spectacular. Texas never saw trees so big! Napa valley is beatiful. Lots of well manicured wineries, nice countryside in general.

Fisherman's Warf is fun but it is a tourist trap of course. A nice place for diner there is 'Nona Rose'. It's small and cozy, the food is great and the price is not too exorbitant. It reminds me of old school Italian restaurant as you might find in New York. It has a view of the harbor, all comercial fishing boats at that end. I think you can see the Golden Gate from there also though I don't remember exactly.

SF is fun to drive around in, easy to get mixed up and turned around. There are lots of interesting buildings, the older architecture is very cool if you like that stuff. Parking is a premium there, keep that in mind, it's not unheard of to pay $20 for 5 hrs or more.

Hope you all have a safe and fun trip!

HotRodSaint
08-03-05, 11:02 PM
When I was your age, I was going to Berkely looking for something else to smoke. :shhh:

Brett
08-08-05, 03:02 PM
if you went to berkely today, they would probably tar and feather you on reputation alone :)

HotRodSaint
08-08-05, 10:23 PM
if you went to berkely today, they would probably tar and feather you on reputation alone :)

Yep, liberals are like that. ;)

RBraczyk
08-09-05, 02:05 AM
Yep, liberals are like that. ;)

I thought pot smoking hippies were liberals and visa versa :shhh:

illumina
08-09-05, 02:51 AM
I think HRS just admited that he was a Liberal at one time :D

HotRodSaint
08-09-05, 10:05 AM
I think HRS just admited that he was a Liberal at one time :D

Actually I was A-political. But my becoming a conservative is directly related to my time in Berkely witnessing the radical lefts hysteria over the Reagan administration.

It was that early exposure to the far left that lead me to the conclusion that liberals tended to be unstable people. I never looked back...

HotRodSaint
08-09-05, 10:08 AM
I thought pot smoking hippies were liberals and visa versa :shhh:

I was a pot smoking punk rocker. So I guess shaving my head was my first act of rebellion against the '60's flower children.

But in Berkely, even a conservative Punk is a rarity nowadays.

Kev
08-09-05, 11:07 AM
So, Rob, are you back from your trip? If so, how was it?
What were the top three most interesting things you did/saw?
(Feel free to share more if you like)

RBraczyk
08-11-05, 02:30 AM
I'm still here dude, up in the Hyatt regency in Burlingame. Lovin it sofar, could never live out here though, too cold and wayyyy too laid back.

Been to Muir woods, sausalito, sonoma and napa valley. Been through the city and over the golden gate, but we're taking the bart in from San Fran airport since its a quick 10 minutes shuttle bus away. Going to spend our last two days in teh city.

Thanks for your interest. I'll type a big response when I get back with pictures included.