: Airbag Deployment Recall

Downx
08-02-05, 04:59 PM
My 2004 SRX has an open recall titled "Inadvertent Driver Airbag Deploy When Ignition Key Turned to On Position."

Anyone have anythign to say about that? Otherwise, I'm going to go have Caddy fix it so I don't get balloon faced.

sgilbert
08-02-05, 07:21 PM
Had mine done. Why would you not do it? Took about 45 minutes--I waited for it.

GerryMarsh
08-02-05, 08:18 PM
Had mine done too. Took it in as soon as I could after I got the notice as I'm certainly not interested in taking an airbag in the face for the fun of it. The only problem I had is that my dealer likes to pry things and leave little marks. They marked the trim around the cup holder cover on this fix. They also left off a fastener for the carpeted cover over the transmission cover that caused the cover to rest against the gas peddal.

BANK
08-04-05, 01:34 AM
Had mine done a while back. I recently received another card from GM saying that I need to get it done. I'm uncertain if my dealer never reported that they performed the fixxed, or is it another recall?

syrob@MSN.COM
08-04-05, 08:11 AM
Does any one know what they actually do ?

SYROB

john d
08-04-05, 10:26 AM
Does any one know what they actually do ?

SYROB

Reflash?

keeton
08-06-05, 12:43 AM
Had mine done too. Took it in as soon as I could after I got the notice as I'm certainly not interested in taking an airbag in the face for the fun of it. The only problem I had is that my dealer likes to pry things and leave little marks. They marked the trim around the cup holder cover on this fix. They also left off a fastener for the carpeted cover over the transmission cover that caused the cover to rest against the gas peddal.

Huh? That wasn't the airbag they were fixing to do those things you described since the recal was only an ECU issue.

You and your dealer need to have a little "talking to" :want: