: Cadillac show

Adam
08-02-05, 04:49 PM
sort of anyway. i had to take my little brother to his job interview by the mall today and i figured id go to the mall and walk around. so i am looking for a spot to park and at the end of the row i seen an XLR. so i pull up next to it in an empty space. well there is a STS (only the second one i have seen). so this is cool an STS, XLR, and a CTS. well then an older model Seville pulls up and parks at the end with us. i seen an SRX two spaces down from the Seville. i didnt know what to think, it was a Cadillac show of sorts. so i went in the mall and walked around and came back outside. the XLR owner was out side and he was looking around at them. there was a fwd Fleetwood parked with us. i talked with the XLR owner for a little while, never seen any of the other owners.

addison_ii
08-02-05, 04:58 PM
That had to have been an interesting site. The closest to that I've gotten is seeing twin Devilles(2000 and up) parked side by side in someone's driveway. You should've took a pic and "guided" him to Cadillac Forums.

Adam
08-02-05, 09:03 PM
it was a once in a lifetime kinda thing (that happens by chance that is). i dont have a camera so i couldnt take a picture but i did tell the XLR owner about us and he said he has been to the site before but has never thought of joining. he said if he did he would say i sent him. i tell everyone with a wreath and crest on their cars about us.

addison_ii
08-02-05, 10:09 PM
Has anyone ever mentioned making a Cadillacforums.com nameplate (i guess that's what its called) like the 32V Northstar found on Caddys? I think that would be pretty nice of an idea to promote the site.

Adam
08-02-05, 10:56 PM
i put a sticker in the back of my window (of the Fleetwood) that said in old english CadillacOwners.com.

Boombotz
08-02-05, 10:57 PM
Has anyone ever mentioned making a Cadillacforums.com nameplate (i guess that's what its called) like the 32V Northstar found on Caddys? I think that would be pretty nice of an idea to promote the site.

I know we have talked about vinyl lettering for the back window's, but nothing has come up with it. I need to talk to Sal, I have a friend that can make them on the computer. He does all the lettering for my company vehicle's

Adam
08-02-05, 11:02 PM
I know we have talked about vinyl lettering for the back window's, but nothing has come up with it. I need to talk to Sal, I have a friend that can make them on the computer. He does all the lettering for my company vehicle's

that is what i did! the guy who painted my car did it for me. i didnt ask Sal, although i seriously doubt he would mind ;).

Boombotz
08-02-05, 11:05 PM
that is what i did! the guy who painted my car did it for me. i didnt ask Sal, although i seriously doubt he would mind ;).

I know I just thought we could give them to suporting members and vendors to advertise. ( Make alot of them )

danbuc
08-03-05, 01:37 AM
I want one

edit: Just thought up two seperate designs that would look cool (well I think so). They are white lettering on black backround (which would be clear).

There are two seperate designs. A new one, with modern, computer style font and two small newer style crest on either side. The there is the other one in script, with the 1932 winged crest above. Tell me what you think, and I'll see if maybe I can find a place where I can make up a few. I want to find another script font for the second one that a little easire to read, but I have to download the addon package, since that's all Photoshop had.

Adam
08-03-05, 11:54 AM
both designs are great. the name was changed to Cadillac Owners a while back (even though you can type in Cadillac forums it still works). i was playing around one day and typed in cts.com and it forwarded me here.

danbuc
08-03-05, 12:20 PM
Oh, damnit forgot about the name change. I'll change that, hold on...hehe.

Adam
08-03-05, 12:49 PM
:thumbsup: nice!

addison_ii
08-03-05, 06:30 PM
:lildevil: Oh great now I'll have to buy another Cadillac to be able to display them both. Both designs are good.

Ralph
08-03-05, 09:03 PM
I want one in Cadillac script (like on the top of the website) black background with gold lettering. There was a thread for that and some interesting designs came up.

I always keep a cheap 10 dollar 35mm camera in my trunk because you never know when you could be in an accident or see aliens land or a row of Cadillacs so it's just worth it. ;)

Adam
08-03-05, 09:42 PM
I always keep a cheap 10 dollar 35mm camera in my trunk because you never know when you could be in an accident or see aliens land or a row of Cadillacs so it's just worth it. ;)

right i could take a picture of them with a 35mm camera but that would do me just as much good then if i just told you. i couldnt get it on my computer. i need a digital camera! someone give me some money so i can buy one. what if an alien was driving my Cadillac and got in a car wreck with another Cadillac in a line of Cadillac's! that would be something to take a picture of (although i would probably have to shoot the alien).

Ralph
08-03-05, 09:47 PM
right i could take a picture of them with a 35mm camera but that would do me just as much good then if i just told you. i couldnt get it on my computer. i need a digital camera! someone give me some money so i can buy one. what if an alien was driving my Cadillac and got in a car wreck with another Cadillac in a line of Cadillac's! that would be something to take a picture of (although i would probably have to shoot the alien).

LOL, shoot the alien?? hopefully only with a camera?? :p :hmm:

Adam
08-03-05, 10:22 PM
LOL, shoot the alien?? hopefully only with a camera?? :p :hmm:

not if he wrecked my car! of course im not sure i would let an alien drive my car. they dont have very good track records you know. remember 1947?

Boombotz
08-03-05, 10:35 PM
I can get my guy to make them cheap. I would like to get Sal's permission before I do it. I am going to get one made up and display it on the Lade.

Adam
08-03-05, 10:42 PM
me and Sal talked about this a while back and he never got back with me. i pm'd him twice and he never pm'd me back about it. maybe you'll have better luck.

terrible one
08-05-05, 12:31 AM
I would love to purchase one if they ever get made! Awesome idea.