: will 99 n* spark plug wires fit 97 n* ???

duane wakefield
08-02-05, 02:32 PM
hello,
about a year ago I got a good deal on two sets of ac delco plug wires for my 1999 eldo, now my wifes 97 eldo needs a tune up, does anyone know if the plug wires from a 99 will fit a 97?? I called the caddy dealer, and they said they are two differant part numbers ,but they didn't know why?!
any advise??

zonie77
08-02-05, 04:14 PM
I think it would be pretty easy to compare them. The wire type should be printed on the wires and the lengths would be obvious.

mcowden
08-02-05, 04:21 PM
hello,
about a year ago I got a good deal on two sets of ac delco plug wires for my 1999 eldo, now my wifes 97 eldo needs a tune up, does anyone know if the plug wires from a 99 will fit a 97?? I called the caddy dealer, and they said they are two differant part numbers ,but they didn't know why?!
any advise??

The 97 needs AC-Delco part 748J but the 99 needs 748Q. They might actually fit, but they are different part numbers for a reason. I wouldn't put the 748Q on the 97. You could sell them on eBay or something, then buy the 748J set from www.rockauto.com or www.gmpartsdirect.com for about $120. Too bad our resident expert has dropped off the face of the earth, but perhaps someone else will chime in with the exact differences and an educated opinion on whether they'll work properly or not. My guess is not, but I'm certainly not the foremost expert on these things.

Ranger
08-02-05, 05:09 PM
Same engine, I can't see why they would be different. I'd use them.

mcowden
08-02-05, 05:14 PM
Same engine, I can't see why they would be different. I'd use them.

There is also a $20 price difference between the J and Q. Something is different, I just don't know what it is. They might work fine and they might not. Hoping an expert will jump in and elaborate for us.

duane wakefield
08-02-05, 05:33 PM
Thanks For The Replies
I Guess I'll Try Them And See If They Will Work, I Am Thinking That They Would, But Sure Would Like To Know What The Difference Is!! You Would Think If Anything,gm "improved The Wires" As The Years Went By, Are The Spark Plug Numbers Differant Too?

mcowden
08-02-05, 05:36 PM
Thanks For The Replies
I Guess I'll Try Them And See If They Will Work, I Am Thinking That They Would, But Sure Would Like To Know What The Difference Is!! You Would Think If Anything,gm "improved The Wires" As The Years Went By, Are The Spark Plug Numbers Differant Too?

The plug part numbers have been revised several times over the years. The correct spark plugs for all 4.6L Northstar V-8 engines is AC-Delco 41-950. The 41-950's supercede all other part numbers in manuals, etc.

zonie77
08-02-05, 06:22 PM
Duane, update the thread and let us know what you find. Let us know what's different, if anything.

duane wakefield
08-02-05, 06:39 PM
Thanks For All The Info, I'll Keep You Updated!!

Ranger
08-02-05, 09:19 PM
You might try calling or emailing A/C Delco http://www.acdelco.com/html/con_main.htm