: Ways to improve MPG?

theherks
08-02-05, 11:35 AM
I was browsing around the forum a few weeks back and read a post indicating that someone had significantly improved their gas mileage. The post included detailed MPG stats along with the methods used. I didn't read thoroughly as I was in a hurry - intended to come back to it for more specific info. Now I'm back and can't find the post. Did I dream it?

Edahall
08-03-05, 12:22 PM
Couple of things.

1. Inflate tires to the maximum allowable

2. Remove weight that is being carried around in the trunk

3. Avoid high speeds. Speeds above 60 start to eat away at fuel economy

4. Learn how to anticipate when you're going to have to stop. For example, instead of accelerating and slamming on the brakes just before reaching the stop light, learn how let off the throttle earlier and coast. It doesn't take any extra time to get where you want to go and it can make a big difference in city gas mileage.

radioman
08-04-05, 01:01 AM
duhhhh. we gotta get more involved on this forum folks. please.

radioman :yawn:

syrob@MSN.COM
08-04-05, 08:15 AM
On my SRX speed is everything, above 60 MPH it goes way down. Wonder if the aerodynamics of the squared off edges become a big factor at speed. Anyone know the coefficient of drag on the SRX ?

SYROB

mack1a
08-04-05, 04:20 PM
Don't know the drag coefficient but could probably improve it on ones with the ole timey OnStar antennas like mine by folding them down.

Another MPG improvement might be to ensure that you have the latest flash level applied to V8 AWD and for that matter possibly 2 W Dr V8s. Since big brother delays WOT for us that might help the MPG a bit whenever you lose your head and think that you might have purchased your SRX because of its' performance.