: 2005 SRX V8 0 to 60.... mine feels fine?

thoredan
08-01-05, 11:36 PM
I have been reading the post for the 04 srx v8 reflash crap. Was the 05's reflashed at the factory or has the "hardware" been corrected so a "software" fix was not necessary. no detuing etc?

Mine feels plenty fast ( not as fast as my xlr ) but for what it is it moves nice.

One question on WOT I have never driven a car that "feels fast" when you mash the gas to WOT only if you " feather into it then WOT" ((before 1st shift ))

Still waiting on ORDER CODES FOR XLR - V anybody want a XLR for 890.00 for about 36 payments till end of LEase and 2500.00 down???? Getting ready to post it on SWAP A LEASE.com

Email me
Danny@gandmenterprising.com

miked
08-02-05, 12:04 AM
I also find that my V8 SRX 05 seems plenty fast . . . what I've learned over the past five years is that too much reading of car forums can cause you to NOT enjoy your vehicle, as you'll start to think things are wrong when they aren't! This isn't to say that people do have problems, and the forums are a great solution to exchange info, but it's easy to fall into the trap of not enjoying your car if you take things a little too seriously.

louisn
08-02-05, 08:42 AM
I also find that my V8 SRX 05 seems plenty fast . . . what I've learned over the past five years is that too much reading of car forums can cause you to NOT enjoy your vehicle, as you'll start to think things are wrong when they aren't! This isn't to say that people do have problems, and the forums are a great solution to exchange info, but it's easy to fall into the trap of not enjoying your car if you take things a little too seriously.
Well said!:thumbsup:
All car forums are exactly the same--whether Hyundai or Mercedes--disgruntled, paranoid owners venting; although if you ignore them, you can pick up some good info and still enjoy your car. Usually it's the same ones, over and over again threatening to lemon their cars over a clogged rear wiper nozzle. :eek:

Downx
08-02-05, 03:21 PM
Good thought thoredan. I'm thrilled so far with my 2004 SRX V8 AWD, just bought used (6 mos old w/15K miles) for $33K. The acceleration, drive feel, and handling are tremendous for a 7 passenger vehicle -- it drives like BMW 540i. The extras in the vehicle are great as well -- dizzying personalization of everything, power/control options are true luxury levels, Bose audio plus Onstar and XM free trials have opened my eyes on car electronics.

mack1a
08-02-05, 06:19 PM
I am somewhat disgruntled by my SRX. This forum didn't do that. Owning several "real Cadillacs" (still have a DTS) conditioned me to expect far more than I received in this vehicle.

The forum does contribute somewhat when it points out that some idiot in Detroit decided that overseas SRXes should have folding mirrors and they were never made available here.

The forum does contribute somewhat when you find that Cadillac is deliberately detuning/neutering/gelding the AWD and maybe 2 Wheel Dr V8s in order to compensate for other design issues.