: Installed B+M Shifter

Avejoe
08-01-05, 06:02 PM
From Zero to Hero and then some !!! It should take the award for the most U could get, for the buck, on V mods. It turns the stock, rope model shifter, into, push button !!!! It should be a first, when U mod

Staxxin
08-01-05, 06:03 PM
Avejoe -

Do you have any photos?

NH Vrod
08-01-05, 06:08 PM
What did you get, model #

Seattle CTS-V
08-01-05, 06:48 PM
How much did the install cost you?

Luna.
08-01-05, 11:10 PM
B&M > UUC in your opinion? And I second the questions inquiring how much ;)

calicadi
08-01-05, 11:34 PM
Glad you like it. Did you install it yourself? Are you picking up any cabin noise? Is the height now about the same as stock? Do you also have the CAGS eliminator?

Mine arrived from Racerwheel last week. Can't install until the season is over. Installing it now will take me out of SCCA Stock class. With only two events to go I can wait. Should have it in by month-end. Might be bold and do it myself. Read through the instructions and it looks easy enough. Only thing I'm lacking is a bench vise to press the insert.

Avejoe
08-02-05, 05:12 PM
I took no photos. Looks the same, cause I used the stock boot and knob. I installed it myself, so the cost was $200 from racerwheel. My cags was eliminated by computor, when I dynoed the car at J+M in Manchester. The height is about the same as stock. The shifter # is 45067(racerwheel). There is some tranny noise when your getting heavey into it , but none when your not. This shifter rocks. I can't tell you anything about the uuc, I havn't tryed one. I have read on this forum that the uuc is quiet. The install is easy, took less than 2 hours

Luna.
08-02-05, 09:23 PM
I took no photos. Looks the same, cause I used the stock boot and knob. I installed it myself, so the cost was $200 from racerwheel. My cags was eliminated by computor, when I dynoed the car at J+M in Manchester. The height is about the same as stock. The shifter # is 45067(racerwheel). There is some tranny noise when your getting heavey into it , but none when your not. This shifter rocks. I can't tell you anything about the uuc, I havn't tryed one. I have read on this forum that the uuc is quiet. The install is easy, took less than 2 hours

Thanks for the feedback.

Any thoughts as to why you picked B&M then? Price?

Seattle CTS-V
08-03-05, 03:29 AM

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most difficult, how would you rank the install? I thought you had to drop the tranny???

Avejoe
08-03-05, 07:31 AM
On a scale of 1-10, about a 2, or 3. U don't drop the tranny. U need one person under the car and one in the car when starting a couple bolts. Easy install. There may be a step by step in the FAQ. I chose the B+M because, I read that the fulcrum point was higher, for a very short throw and as for the price, how could I go wrong

JKG
08-03-05, 07:42 AM
Does the B&M do anything to improve the rubbery feel of the shifter? I am more interested in that than the length of the throw. If it is just a shorter handle with the stock bushings, I am afaid that feeling will still be there. What exactly do you get from B&M? Is it just a handle?

Barak
08-03-05, 12:41 PM
Does the B&M do anything to improve the rubbery feel of the shifter? I am more interested in that than the length of the throw. If it is just a shorter handle with the stock bushings, I am afaid that feeling will still be there. What exactly do you get from B&M? Is it just a handle?

The B&M uses a bearing, so the rubbery feeling is completely gone with this shifter. The shift is just amazingly crisp. It is absolutely night and day compared to the stock shifter.