: does bigger rims mean more flat tires?

ravijpatel1
08-01-05, 02:54 AM
wil puttin 24" rims and low profile tires increase the chance of flat tires? These tires are like $700 buck and theres no way I can afford to keep replacing them every couple months.

nickc280
08-01-05, 03:18 AM
no, LOL LOL, you won't have to replace them every couple months. I have never had a flat tire that caused me to need to buy a new tire anyway. Flats are fixable you know

ravijpatel1
08-01-05, 03:24 AM
okay whew. I just figured that with such a small tire & big wheel.. if I were to hit a pothole, the tire would blow.

Synergetic
08-01-05, 04:19 AM
okay whew. I just figured that with such a small tire & big wheel.. if I were to hit a pothole, the tire would blow.

Well, the chances of getting a flat tire is higher, definetely. The best thing to do is safely avoid the pot holes all together.

ravijpatel1
08-01-05, 04:26 AM
Well, the chances of getting a flat tire is higher, definetely. The best thing to do is safely avoid the pot holes all together.

hmm..well yeah of course. But will I have to drive the truck extra careful around normal streets? I just want to make sure the thing isnt fragile with the new wheels. Normal bumps and such are no problem correct?

Synergetic
08-01-05, 04:35 AM
Yeah, normal bumps and such are no problem. It will be fragile and you'll have to watch out for them. It would be a good idea to get a nice security system on your truck too. 24's are a big target on the streets. But again, your going to want to avoid pot holes. Aslong as its safe, i'll swerve into the next lane or into the shoulder if I have to. You won't get a lot of power out of the truck on 24's too, but when you're up in the higher speeds, you'll want to have some breaking power too so you may want to consider upgrading braking system as well. Its all part of the game... :) Good luck!

hcvone
08-01-05, 06:55 AM
As said you will not get flat tires from just driving around, but watch driveways and curbs, and keep your tires inflated and you will be fine

ravijpatel1
08-01-05, 11:51 AM
what kind of security system would you recommend?

Spittin Game
08-01-05, 03:44 PM
wil puttin 24" rims and low profile tires increase the chance of flat tires? These tires are like $700 buck and theres no way I can afford to keep replacing them every couple months.

your paying $700 for tires??? Wow, shop around man, SHOP AROUND!!! :eek:

RaGzEmCeE
08-01-05, 04:57 PM
thats actually not that bad depending on the tires ... my tires (pirelli scorpion assimetrico 315/35/24) .. retail like 560 each tire at some places

nickc280
08-01-05, 05:02 PM
thats actually not that bad depending on the tires ... my tires (pirelli scorpion assimetrico 315/35/24) .. retail like 560 each tire at some places

still though that isn't 700 and those are Pirelli's, what tire are you buying that your paying 700 a tire????? do some shopping

Synergetic
08-01-05, 05:09 PM
Go to http://www.ilovewheels.com and get some Kumho's for around $450/each. Thats what I run and love them!!

integline
08-02-05, 03:30 PM
what is the largest rim u can get with oversized tires? i dont want to worry bout scratching them or curbs since others will also be driving =my caddi?

Synergetic
08-02-05, 05:31 PM
The largest rim that is atleast decent looking is 27" but that is way too large for daily driving. If you're looking to drive in style and smoothly, your best choice may be 20's or 22's. Either way, its an Escalade so whoever is driving it should know not to hit curbs or scratch the rims, or the truck itself... you know?