: 1998-1999 northstar engine driver-side freeze plug install shortcut

cadcar
03-11-14, 10:36 PM
I fixed my Cadillac. My 1998 Cadillac Seville SLS had water in it and the upper freeze plug behind the water pump, driver side, came out. Well, it seems the most popular thread for solving this issue is the following link. In it, one had the choice to either -- remove the entire water pump compartment along with the crossover bar -- or use a rubber type freeze plug.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/225959-please-help-northstar-freeze-plug.html

Well, neither of these two options was for me, so I had to figure it out somehow; and I did! I hope this might help you; I'm providing some illustrative photos, as this is quite a bit tricky but, gets the job done in 30 mins, once the water pump is removed.

This job is all done behind the water pump compartment, thus water pump and belt must be removed.

Sorry, if you can't see the photos (in the future), you're out of luck! Feel free to share this info.

**Disclaimer: I'm not advising anyone with this thread; you may do this at your own risk.

MoistCabbage
03-11-14, 11:05 PM
Good solution :thumbsup: . Sure beats pulling the crossover.