: Billy Boat Header / Exhaust Gaskets - WHEN!?

CVP33
07-31-05, 04:19 PM
Any idea when we'll have our replacement gaskets? I'm growning tired of the exhausts leaks. I need to quiet the beast somewhat.

willsctsv
07-31-05, 06:15 PM
Manifold gaskets or the flange gaskets??
I use the permatex Copper silicone, no leaks at all. In place of the flange paper like gasket material that burns out if your exhaust flanges do not mate perfectly. I have a feeling few will. Good luck!

urbanski
07-31-05, 06:55 PM
Billy promised us metal ones.
Cat to leadpipe joint.
Even with tons of copper RTV i still have pinhole leaks there.
Considering we've spend 1200 for headers and 1000 for cat-back (over 1300 is you have both res. and x versions)....well, Billy should be accomodating us a bit FASTER than he is. I won't give the rolleyes smile just yet....

CVP33
08-02-05, 11:05 PM
Still waiting.

heavymetals
08-03-05, 04:19 AM
For your info I went here:

http://www.catbackdepot.com/catback/gk.htm

I bought a pair of the 76 mm.

Autozone got me the PERCYS exhaust manifold gaskets for the LS1/6

CVP33
08-03-05, 07:16 AM
For your info I went here:

http://www.catbackdepot.com/catback/gk.htm

I bought a pair of the 76 mm.

Autozone got me the PERCYS exhaust manifold gaskets for the LS1/6

I'll be glad to use these, providing that Billy Boat pays to replace the defective ones they sold us. Gaskets should not be "blowing through" like ALL ours have. We need them to step up. Either provide quality gaskets free of charge or reimburse us for replacement gaskets.

After spending $1,000 for exhaust and $1,250 for headers, NONE of us should be forced to shell out another $100-$125 to replace faulty gaskets. I mean enough is enough.

V-FORCE
08-03-05, 08:10 AM
The metal gaskets are a joke too. I recieved these metal gaskets from billy that i had to pay for and they still leak. billy needs to provide a gasket that crunches in place when you bolt both pipes together. :madtalkin

CVP33
08-03-05, 08:35 PM
Still waiting.

willsctsv
08-03-05, 09:31 PM
I haven't had any leaks with the copper RTV. Be sure to put enough that it squeezes out. Then wipe it with your finger all the way around. Warm up the car, and you should be sealed. I haven't had any problems yet, only blew it out when I fried the cats and all of the material clogged my exhaust:banghead: . The exhaust had no where to go so the gaskets blew. No more cats, no more problems!:sneaky:

GNSCOTT
08-03-05, 10:22 PM
Never heard of pin hole leaks with copper rtv?

Also, I am sure Billy is not forging them himself. I am sure he is at the mercy of someone else as well. Do not be suprised when the copper ones break. There are no exhaust gaskets that last long.

heavymetals
08-03-05, 10:31 PM
Besides ordering a pair of 76 mm gaskets, I am having a friend of mine machine a pair out of 1/8 copper on his CNC.:thumbsup:

Lots of pennies gave their lifes for these!

urbanski
08-04-05, 10:18 AM
Besides ordering a pair of 76 mm gaskets, I am having a friend of mine machine a pair out of 1/8 copper on his CNC.:thumbsup:

Lots of pennies gave their lifes for these!
think those 1/8" copper ones will last?
if so, think your buddy can make me a pair?

heavymetals
08-04-05, 01:50 PM
Once he programs the CNC it won't be tough to make another pair, just the material.:thumbsup:

A lot gets wasted as you know.

I figure 1/8 inch copper should be tits.

If your serious about it, I will ask him to do a few more.

urbanski
08-04-05, 01:58 PM
If your serious about it, I will ask him to do a few more.
my issue is leaks along the header/lead pipe joint, not where the bolts are. The flanges I'm sure a bent a bit when they were bolted to the stock cats. Not being flat I get pinholes even with pure copper RTV. Nice thick copper sounds good, but I'd still probably augment it with RTV. what a PITA this is.

heavymetals
08-04-05, 02:17 PM
I am getting them made out of "hard copper" as I think that thick of a gasket out of "soft copper" may not be the way to go.

HDMLNIUM
08-04-05, 02:26 PM
It Doesn't hurt to ask your friend about a few more sets. If they do the trick and were not priced to crazy I would be in for 4 gaskets...

Bill

heavymetals
08-04-05, 06:29 PM
It Doesn't hurt to ask your friend about a few more sets. If they do the trick and were not priced to crazy I would be in for 4 gaskets...

Bill
FOUR?
You plan on reselling them?:histeric:

If you want to try a pair, I will see what it is gonna cost.
I don't want to get into the gasket business, but I do want to help my fellow V owners.

CVP33
08-04-05, 08:36 PM
Still waiting Billy.

CVP33
08-05-05, 06:16 PM
Still waiting Billy.

heavymetals
08-06-05, 01:39 AM
Check this out.:eek:

"BLOW OUT PROOF":shhh:

Thanks Carl R.!!!!

HDMLNIUM
08-06-05, 02:53 AM
Very nice....:yup:

Bill

heavymetals
08-06-05, 03:12 AM
I have one extra set right now:lildevil: .

Who out there has the biggest problem/complaint?

I need a name and address.

If you don't want to post it here shoot me a message.

I should have more sets next week.

HDMLNIUM
08-06-05, 03:15 AM
I would love to have a set, but I would say CVP33 needs them more..

I will pm you my info anyway though...:shhh:

Bill

heavymetals
08-06-05, 03:30 AM
That is very big of you!

What a guy.

HDMLNIUM
08-06-05, 03:38 AM
:thumbsup:

StealthV
08-06-05, 08:56 AM
Get the distrubution center stocked; I think there's a bunch of us that need to place an order. :)

Yes, CVP first so he can focus on the limitations of rear differentials and their lubrication to maintain his certified diff master status.

wildwhl
08-06-05, 11:13 AM
Count me in somewhere after CVP.

Better get your friend cranked up on production. Better yet - put him in touch with Billy Boat and he can supply them direct :D

heavymetals
08-06-05, 01:46 PM
I need names and addresses :thumbsup:

CVP33
08-06-05, 02:44 PM
I PM'd my addy. Thanks to everyone for thinking of me. Still no resolution on the rear diff' additive. Although now I know and have proof that it SHOULD be in there.

slow35th
08-06-05, 03:34 PM
I need names and addresses :thumbsup:

Can you PM me with costs etc. I just need two because Im not running headers. So after the guys running headers are taken care of I'd like a set for my rear section.

Thanks,
Lance

heavymetals
08-06-05, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I will mail them out as they become available and worry about the cost after we see if they fix some problems.
What's it worth to ya?:histeric:

I ran into a brick wall on my install because i have a CORSA system.
The connector is flanged out to 3 " but the way it mates up to the Billy Boat is WRONG.:mad:
No compression fit:eek:
And I do remember telling Dennis what I had and I didn't want to run into any brick walls on the install.
Such is life.
RATS
The price was still great:thumbsup:
I have to make/get an adapter (Carl HELP!!!!):crying:
So if you have a CORSA this aint gonna fix a blown gasket problem.
It will be "blow out proof" on a flat to flat mating surface, which I assume the whole Billy Boat system is.

These came out tits.

slow35th
08-06-05, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

It will be "blow out proof" on a flat to flat mating surface, which I assume the whole Billy Boat system is.

These came out tits.

It is.

heavymetals
08-07-05, 03:24 PM
Your gonna love this:shocked2:
I can't use these really bitchin gaskets on my system.
RATS.
I need an adapter which the machinest is making (thanks Carl!!!) as you read this, or has already finished.
How come no one else posted a problem on mating a Billy Boat header to a Corsa exhaust?
Am I the "guinea pig ":suspense:
Ok, well that solution is gonna cost someone!
I will post pictures of the adapter when I get it.
Excuse me I am pissed, I almost set the car on fire (literally).

Anyway, I am still gonna get you guys some gaskets.
Here is what the machinest came up with:
$50 a set shipped, but I have to take care of the shipping (he just wants to make stuff).

Don't PayPal me unless it is burning a hole in your pocket.
If you want an adapter to connect your CORSA to a Billy Boat, let me know

CVP33
08-07-05, 04:12 PM
Heavy',

Sent you a PM. The $50 IS burning a hole in my pocket. Call it karma, call it whatever , but nearly everyone I've dealt with on here has done right by me and I can't in good conscious not return the favor.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris

Also thanks to Rick, Reed, Martin, WildWheel, Damian, Florian who have also been VERY helpful along the way. :thumbsup:

DeputyDog
08-07-05, 09:27 PM
Heavy

I just recently purchased a 05 V and ordered a B&B exhaust. I realize I'm a newbee, but would it be too much to ask if you would be willing to sell me a pair of the gaskets. If so please give me your email address and I'll send you my info. Thanks.

heavymetals
08-07-05, 10:39 PM
Newbie/oldbie, doesn't matter!

Welcome to the board.
Same price for all.
$50.00 a pair + shipping
I would ask you to become a supporting member though.

Check out the new addition:
A Billy Boat header to CORSA exhaust system adapter ( machined copper of course!)
Does it work?
Yes, but you have to use longer bolts.
I am still tightening up everything.

Thanks Carl!!

CVP33
08-07-05, 10:41 PM
I would think that the ones you show here would work with a BB Exhaust and Header system as well. Might even help is seat better.

heavymetals
08-07-05, 11:03 PM
I didn't know that the Billy Boat used four flat flanged junctions.

I thought only two.

CORSA uses this flanged pipe that goes over the "shoulder" of the mate.
Seems to allow for a little more slop in alignment, and still get a good seal.
Sure as hell wouldn't mate up worth a crap without this adapter.
And it doesn't help that the CORSA is a 2.5 inch pipe.
I am not gonna buy a new exhaust again, at least not yet!
I would have thought other "hot rodders" had run into this problem, but I could find nothing on the internet like it.
So I had to have one made.:banghead:

At least I know a good machinest who will fab on a sunday.:shhh:
I told him my car was up on blocks (it was).
I had to drive my Vette.:eek:

heavymetals
08-08-05, 05:55 PM
CVP33 and HDMLNIUM

I mailed your stuff today.

Please let me know what you think ASAP.:worship: or:rant2:

The others are being fabbed.

Anyone else who wants these, give me a name and address.

This is one of the best boards, and I don't mind helping fellow members:D :drinker :drinker :drinker

HDMLNIUM
08-08-05, 08:06 PM
Thanks, Paypal sent and I will let you know what I think of them as soon as they get here and I get them on... They look sweet and so does the adapters for the Corsa...:yup: :thumbsup:

Bill

CVP33
08-08-05, 09:43 PM
Same here. PP'd yah! That didn't sound right. Hopefully they come with my updated PCM. I'd like to go under the car once, seal her up for good and then get in some fun runs before the night is done.

DeputyDog
08-08-05, 10:10 PM
heavy

if you would be willing to give me your email address i can send my info. I would pm you but i don't have enough time in yet. as for becoming supp. member just direct me to the how to section and i'll check it out.

thanks,

geoff

heavymetals
08-08-05, 11:00 PM
I sent you info, but in case you don't get it, or if anybody else wants the info:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46510&highlight=support+forum

:welcome:

Support one of the BEST forums on the internet!!

DeputyDog
08-08-05, 11:08 PM
Heavy

Sorry about that. New guy just trying to learn the ropes.

geoff

DeputyDog
08-08-05, 11:21 PM
Heavy

Just became a supporting member. Here is the info.

G. Dayton
9025 San Marcos rd.
Atascadero, CA 93422

heavymetals
08-10-05, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys for responding.

Good news and bad news.

Good news:yup: Gaskets should be done and I will ship out this weekend or the beginning of next week.

Good and bad news:( The machinest used up his stock of copper and had to reorder, and he decided to anneal the gaskets also (see what happens when your dealing with a perfectionist!)
You guys are gonna get a part that is tits and at a super price.
He wasn't to thrilled at the new material cost and the added step of annealing, so any "new" orders after the first set of 20 go out are gonna be around $100.00 a pair.:eek:

What that means to any of you who "pre-ordered" which allowed me to get the quantity up, are gonna pay $50 a pair + shipping(which is around $8). If you want to paypal me in advance that is cool.
If you do, please give me all the shipping info as I just print it off.

Special to Stealth, your getting what you want, send me no money and we will work it out!:shhh:

DeputyDog
08-11-05, 12:28 AM
heavy

i would be glad to pay you by paypal. Please email me at gns@tcsn.net and let me know which price to pay and how to contact you through paypal.

Thanks,

Geoff