: Dealer Logo

firedawg911
07-31-05, 02:51 PM
What do you think about the car dealers automatically applying their dealership name on the back of your vehicle. Personally, I don't think I need to supply a moving billboard for their business. When I bought my new '05 white diamond 'Lade I didn't notice they had put their name on the left rear of the vehicle. The logo matched the factory chrome emblem but the delaer's last name is 9 letters and is the same size as the Escalade letters. I took the vehicle back the next day and made them remove the letters. They were upset but they did it. They even had a rear license plate frame with the dealership name on it. They should at least ask the buyer of the vehicle before they assume they can put it on. Anyone have feelings/heartburn about this and, if so, did you do what I did?

Xrayqueen
07-31-05, 03:58 PM
First thing I do when buying a new vehicle is take off the dealer plate name. I feel they should give you a discount if they want you to advertise on the sly :sneaky:
Peace Xrayqueen :)

8ball
07-31-05, 04:03 PM
What do you think about the car dealers automatically applying their dealership name on the back of your vehicle. Personally, I don't think I need to supply a moving billboard for their business. When I bought my new '05 white diamond 'Lade I didn't notice they had put their name on the left rear of the vehicle. The logo matched the factory chrome emblem but the delaer's last name is 9 letters and is the same size as the Escalade letters. I took the vehicle back the next day and made them remove the letters. They were upset but they did it. They even had a rear license plate frame with the dealership name on it. They should at least ask the buyer of the vehicle before they assume they can put it on. Anyone have feelings/heartburn about this and, if so, did you do what I did?

Thats the first thing I told my wife to tell the dealer to take off if it was on there. I hate having crap like that on the paint; I've always told the dealerships to remove it unless they wanted to pay me for advertising. I wouldn't mind if it was just a license plate frame, but I'm with you on this especially when you pay so much for it.

RaGzEmCeE
07-31-05, 05:07 PM
thats stupid ..... cadillac shouldnt let them do that ..... id be so pissed if mine came like that

ben72227
07-31-05, 05:30 PM
But, down here everyone keeps theirs on, its an honor to buy a Cadillac from Parker Cadillac. They've been the only real cadillac dealership down here for who knows how long. Besides, it looks good too.

nickc280
07-31-05, 05:56 PM
But, down here everyone keeps theirs on, its an honor to buy a Cadillac from Parker Cadillac. They've been the only real cadillac dealership down here for who knows how long. Besides, it looks good too.

that is so funny, I can't imagine any dealer in the country that I would want to advertise for

RaGzEmCeE
07-31-05, 07:35 PM
im sorry but thats one of the stupidest things ive ever heard on this board lol ..... an honor to buy a cadillac from them? what the ****s the honor in it?

Boombotz
07-31-05, 09:04 PM
I personally like my dealer emblem on my Lade. I have the gold emblems on the truck and the dealers emblem is also dip in gold. It says Cadillac real big with there name on top.As for the Ford F-150, I rip that off as quick as possible. It looked like crap.

hcvone
08-01-05, 07:02 AM
I have walked out of car dealers that put their name on what was going to be my new car or truck, it was amazing how much better the deal got once I did that. :)

Spittin Game
08-01-05, 03:51 PM
Id recommend my sales guy and the dealership that I got my Lade from in a second! But I dont want their name on it.

Synergetic
08-01-05, 07:50 PM
Of course. You just paid full price for a lac and they probably ripped you on your trade, why would you ever think about advertising for free. I know how dealerships work because ive known people who have worked for them, and for obvious reasons now don't. My lade will never touch a dealership, thats a promise.

hilldo
08-02-05, 01:26 AM
I got such an incredible deal on my '99 and they spun me right side up when I was way upside down on my trade that I'd be a mFer to take the dealer's name off mine.

And their service reps have been so damn good that I bought Mama a 7-71 Tahoe off the lot, too.

In Houston... David Taylor Cadillac will treat you right.

Tell them you heard good things from Bronson.

Don't get me started, next thing you know I'll be up there trading the 99 for something newer (but the 99 has had so much stuff updated and upgraded that I'd be stupid to trade it in).

scottlma
08-02-05, 10:47 PM
Just traded in my '03 Denali for an '05 Lade. I told the dealer that I wanted their dealer logo plate off of the truck (was already on every Lade on the lot). They didnt give me a hard time. What I found was funny was that the initial sales document (the form that you leave the deposit against) actually has language on it about agreeing to the dealer's logo plate (I just crossed it out before I signed).

When I picked up the truck, it was gone, but the billboard license plate frames were there - until I got home and pulled them off - figured it wasn't worth antagonizing the dealer I'll want a service loaner car from if/when the Lade needs service.

CadillacGrillz
08-05-05, 01:47 PM
I took of my dealer logo but the sticker stayed on and i cant take it off with wat can i take it off

firedawg911
08-05-05, 03:59 PM
Usually if you get a blow dryer and heat up the sticker it will peel off pretty easily. If there is any residue left from the sticker glue you can use WD-40 or Goo Gone. Polish with a soft cloth and apply a little car wax to the area. It should be good as new.