: Escalade on Mcgaughy's 3/5 drop

ItsAdam1
07-31-05, 11:57 AM
Well I decided to go ahead and do the 3/5 drop. So fars it looks good.:coolgleam As far a ride I have no idea I am waitning to get new tires and get it aligned. Here are some pics

Boombotz
07-31-05, 12:06 PM
Looks Good.:thumbsup: What are they sitting on? 22"

clickart
07-31-05, 03:37 PM
I heard it is not a good idea to do a drop 3/5 on an AWD. Is ur ecalade is an AWD? What size of tires?

8ball
07-31-05, 05:16 PM
Looks nice, what size wheels?

ItsAdam1
08-01-05, 12:56 AM
Mine is 2wd and right now I am running 304-45-22 , I can't turn the wheel to much w/o rubbing and big bumps also, I am looking for smaller tires

jahngga
08-01-05, 01:37 AM
Looks sweet! I wanted to apply this setup with my 24's but I knew the ride would be harsh as s**t so I played it safe with the 2/3 drop.

Synergetic
08-01-05, 02:40 AM
Yup. My truck is airbagged and thats about the height I ride at when doing my daily driving. You'll feel it rub when you're making hard turns at intersections, but keep in mind that i'm on 24's. Besides the rubbing, the ride is nice on airbags.

With that drop, on 22's, with smaller tires and allignment... you should have a nice ride!!

jahngga
08-01-05, 04:30 AM
Yup. My truck is airbagged and thats about the height I ride at when doing my daily driving. You'll feel it rub when you're making hard turns at intersections, but keep in mind that i'm on 24's. Besides the rubbing, the ride is nice on airbags.

With that drop, on 22's, with smaller tires and allignment... you should have a nice ride!!

would it still rub if you raised the car a little more higher?

Synergetic
08-01-05, 05:13 AM
would it still rub if you raised the car a little more higher?

Its just that with 24's, the wheel is so large its bound to rub before compared to a stock 17" wheel, especially with the level of the truck lower. With it raised up, you'll get an uneven wear on your tires. I ride it about 3" from tire to wheel well in the front and back, and it rides very nice, especially for a bagged truck of that size. If you're making a hard turn and you hit a bump it will most likely rub. :dance:

Are you sitting at stock height on 24's?

ItsAdam1
08-01-05, 11:51 AM
Thanks for your comments

Synergetic: Do you have any more pics of your ride?

jahngga
08-01-05, 05:38 PM
Its just that with 24's, the wheel is so large its bound to rub before compared to a stock 17" wheel, especially with the level of the truck lower. With it raised up, you'll get an uneven wear on your tires. I ride it about 3" from tire to wheel well in the front and back, and it rides very nice, especially for a bagged truck of that size. If you're making a hard turn and you hit a bump it will most likely rub. :dance:

Are you sitting at stock height on 24's?

I got a 2/3 drop right now. Looks very proportionate although I wanted to go slightly lower but didnt want to go the extreme by baggin it so I guess I'll get by with the drop:D .

Synergetic
08-01-05, 05:51 PM
Thanks for your comments

Synergetic: Do you have any more pics of your ride?

Sure, check it out here...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47476

RaGzEmCeE
08-01-05, 05:56 PM
i went with the 2/3 too ... i love the front i just wish the back could be a bit lower

clickart
08-01-05, 09:37 PM
305/40/22 is smaller than 305/45/22 by around 1.5 in

jahngga
08-01-05, 09:41 PM
i went with the 2/3 too ... i love the front i just wish the back could be a bit lower

i agree, in addition with the rear auto ride, it lifts the car even more:suspect: . i talked to one dude that had a 2/3 drop with 24's and he disengaged the auto ride for the rear and lowered the front more by adjusting the tortion bar. it looked much better but he admitted that it drove like s**t - not worth it IMO..

ItsAdam1
08-01-05, 11:43 PM
If you want the ride quality I would stay 2/3 I may go up to 2/3. Right now it rides like crap. But I know something in the front is not right, I know the front bump stops need to be trimed. And still need it aligned (sp?)

integline
08-02-05, 03:21 PM
deos lowering it void warranty? if so do you all just not care about it/ my last car wwas compltely tricked out and i lost all warranty which sucked. thanks

RaGzEmCeE
08-02-05, 05:54 PM
on certain things it might void the warranty .... suspension wise ... but some dealers dont even give a shit ...

jahngga
08-02-05, 06:46 PM
deos lowering it void warranty? if so do you all just not care about it/ my last car wwas compltely tricked out and i lost all warranty which sucked. thanks

from what my dealership told me was that only the parts you replace with aftermarket products is voided from warranty, not as a whole. not sure if this applies to all the caddy dealerships though.