: Creaking when turning?

jjlatty
07-31-05, 09:16 AM
I have a 2004 V8 AWD SRX. I noticed that whenever I've going relatively slowly (and particularly when I'm turning) the vehicle creaks. The dealer says there's nothing wrong with it. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

DVC-Don
07-31-05, 07:21 PM
2004 V6 AWD SRX with 22,000+ miles and have not heard this one.

NewCaddyFan
08-05-05, 09:36 AM
If the noise is consistent enough to demostrate the creaking at the dealer then there is a problem and should be fixed. You must be specific. If it's intermitten it is hard to tell if the service department did anything.

Where is the sound coming from? If a service tech drives the car and can't repeat the "sound" what else can they say but everything seems o.k. !

onebadbob
08-17-05, 05:17 PM
I have just noticed the same thing. I have a 04 SRX V8 with 22,000 miles. The sound is coming from the front suspension. I suspect a shock or a bushing. I am going to have it looked at.

john d
08-17-05, 06:35 PM
Go over parking lot speedbumps that gently/softly give the shocks/springs a 3-4 inch compression/rebound at about 2-3 mph. Do you get the same noise?
Mine required sway bar bushings replaced the second time in.
Rubber lube didn't last but a few days.
Still get a squeek every now and then on the same speed bump but no where else. Can't duplicate by manually bouncing the front end like the action that checks for weak shocks.

Going_Fast
08-24-05, 05:13 PM
Our '04 V8 AWD has a creaking/squeeking noise coming from the front left when you slow to a stop. Of course it does it 80% of the time but the dealer can't hear it. Imagine that!

02BlackSRX
08-24-05, 06:32 PM
your best bet would be to take it to an independent shop then try to bill your dealer for it.

since you are under warranty it shouldn't be an issue

Thanks.

jjlatty
08-25-05, 04:16 PM
Thanks to all for responding to my query. As it turns out, the dealer looked at the car again and told me there was nothing wrong with it. When I insisted that there was, they asked permission to have a technician take it home.

Lo' and behold, the next day I get a call from the service advisor telling me that the tie rod on the driver's side was not connected properly and that the vehicle had to be towed from the tech's home because he wouldn't drive it back. The situation was "extremely dangerous" and they have to keep the vehicle several days until the parts come in.

For all of you who have a problem with their vehicle, I urge you NOT to back down. Be insistent that the dealer check it out thoroughly. As it turns out in my case, I could have been severely injured or killed had I not demanded a more thorough check.

john d
08-25-05, 04:52 PM
Thanks to all for responding to my query. As it turns out, the dealer looked at the car again and told me there was nothing wrong with it. When I insisted that there was, they asked permission to have a technician take it home.

Lo' and behold, the next day I get a call from the service advisor telling me that the tie rod on the driver's side was not connected properly and that the vehicle had to be towed from the tech's home because he wouldn't drive it back. The situation was "extremely dangerous" and they have to keep the vehicle several days until the parts come in.

For all of you who have a problem with their vehicle, I urge you NOT to back down. Be insistent that the dealer check it out thoroughly. As it turns out in my case, I could have been severely injured or killed had I not demanded a more thorough check.
Then the next question is if the defect was that serious why wasn't it found the first time? Or, the second time?
Then the next question is how many more tie rods were improperly installed on the assembly line.
Then the next question is has the NHTSA been notified?
IF NOT, PLEASE SUBMIT THE LINKED FORM:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
And finally, when will I get my recall notice!

garyv
08-28-05, 10:06 PM
I had the same issue...and the sound got much worse. In my case, they replaced the lower control arm. It was in the shop two weeks because a new lower control arm was getting designed and the local dealer was told to not use the current part.

ralphfuller
10-24-05, 03:00 PM
I have a 2005 SRX and the noise is terrible. It gets worse when it has been rainy. I have had it back 3 times and they can't find a problem. My next problem is even better when you fill the car with gas it won't start untill you push the gas pedal to the floor, after it runs real ruff for a few minutes. If I try to fill the car with gas if it is running it stalls, again they have looked at it 3 times and can't find the problem. Does anyone have any sugestions?

Kipp
10-24-05, 05:40 PM
I have a 2005 SRX and the noise is terrible. It gets worse when it has been rainy. I have had it back 3 times and they can't find a problem. My next problem is even better when you fill the car with gas it won't start untill you push the gas pedal to the floor, after it runs real ruff for a few minutes. If I try to fill the car with gas if it is running it stalls, again they have looked at it 3 times and can't find the problem. Does anyone have any sugestions?

I suggest you take it to a different dealer!

ralphfuller
10-28-05, 01:13 PM
I suggest you take it to a different dealer! I would if another one existed in the area? I am on the US Canadian border and we only have the one Cadillac dealer and the service is terrible. So as you can see my options are limited. Does any one know how the lemon law works?