: stock alarm

50nutt
07-31-05, 12:52 AM
can someone please explain why my stock alarm doesn't go off? I was reading the manual and did everything it said and when I set it nothing happens.:rant2: :confused:

50nutt
07-31-05, 02:38 PM
20 people looked at this post and have no idea why it doesn't go off

99escalademan
07-31-05, 03:22 PM
Climb in the back seat , lock it with your key fob. Then try opneing the door, and presto!

firedawg911
07-31-05, 03:24 PM
Do you have it set up to honk the horn when the alarm is activated? You can set the stock alarm to flash the lights and honk the horn. If your 'Lade is a '05 you can set it up using the DIC controls on the steering wheel.

50nutt
07-31-05, 03:27 PM
its an 02 and i have it set to honk the horn and flash the lights. I lock the door with the key fob with the door open, shut it and wait for the sercuity light to go out then try to open the door and no alarm. It does have an aftermarket stereo.

firedawg911
07-31-05, 03:37 PM
Testing the Alarm
The alarm can be tested by following these steps:
1. From inside the vehicle, lower the driverís window
and open the driverís door.
2. Activate the system by locking the doors with the
power door lock switch while the door is open, or
with the remote keyless entry transmitter.
3. Get out of the vehicle, close the door and wait for
the security light to go out.
4. Then reach in through the window, unlock the door
with the manual door lock and open the door. This
should set off the alarm.
While the alarm is set, the power door unlock switch is
not operational.
If the alarm does not sound when it should but the
headlamps flash, check to see if the horn works. The
horn fuse may be blown.
If the alarm does not sound or the headlamps do not
flash, the vehicle should be serviced by your dealer.

50nutt
07-31-05, 05:11 PM
so it won't go off if i just grab the door handle? From the outside with the alarm set?

firedawg911
07-31-05, 05:21 PM
If you "armed" the alarm using your remote with the door open and the window down you reach inside the vehicle from the outside and unlock the door using the manual unlock on the door. If it works properly it should activate the alarm.

50nutt
07-31-05, 05:25 PM
i am going out to try it right now

50nutt
07-31-05, 05:30 PM
ok it works like that, but what sets it off from outside the truck, like when i arm it and wait for the light to go out then try to open it with out the keyless entry or key it doesn't go off

99escalademan
07-31-05, 07:07 PM
on my 99, from the outside the alarm will not go off until you gain entry some how. what does happen is the security light on the console will blink differently letting you know the truck was tampered with.

firedawg911
07-31-05, 07:08 PM
The alarm only activates when a door is unlocked by any other means than your remote control or your door key. That is why you have to roll the window down, reach in, and unlock the door manually to check it. If a thief were to unlock the door without your key or your remote control the alarm is supposed to activate. I hope this helps.

50nutt
07-31-05, 07:38 PM
I understand now, thanks guys!:bouncy: