: If you are on the fence about a StealthV tune

slow35th
07-30-05, 10:26 PM
Get Off.

Got mine today. All I can say is wow. It's everything I wanted and everything everyone said it would be. The car pulls hard, all the way to redline. I've got a shiftlight, throttle response is awsome, no torque management and it idles like a muscle car should.

moldowan
07-30-05, 10:34 PM
yeah, it puts some frishizzle in your nizzle fo shore

alcast082
07-30-05, 11:38 PM
what mods do you have???
I have a stock V, just got mine a week a go and couldn't be more pleased but like everything, I always want more. I don't want more noise so the only thing i would consider is an intake, is it worth it to get this tune if your stock???

StealthV
07-30-05, 11:41 PM
Yes a tune is worth it on a stock V as it will make it much more fun to drive as well as get rid of annoyances such as CAGS.

slow35th
07-30-05, 11:45 PM
what mods do you have???
I have a stock V, just got mine a week a go and couldn't be more pleased but like everything, I always want more. I don't want more noise so the only thing i would consider is an intake, is it worth it to get this tune if your stock???

Well, I've got the StealthV intake in combination with the LPE intake plus B&B 3" exhaust with a resonator. You will get more.

slow35th
07-30-05, 11:54 PM
Yes a tune is worth it on a stock V as it will make it much more fun to drive as well as get rid of annoyances such as CAGS.

As well as an electronically lightened flywheel, increased throttle response and no burble between shifts and the list goes on.

willsctsv
07-31-05, 11:14 AM
Great tune, and Rick is a great guy to do business with. He bumped up my rev limiter at my request, and the fans come on earlier to keep the V at the 195 range.
The car pulls hard to 7K with only my bolt on mods. When your idling at 650 rpm, my car from behind sounds very low, but to any Gear head, they will know you are not stock.LOL. A low rumble of an idling 6000HP Freight Train locomotive comes to mind. I think I scared a few potential racers away after they creeped up in there Rustangs, and heard the car idling.. Love it!

Mutlu
07-31-05, 12:46 PM
I see people talking about it but nobody is mentioning price?

How much is it and what is the procedure? What is the long term effect and what happens if the dealer reflashes the ECU?

Jack Ammann
07-31-05, 12:54 PM

Rick...do you do Northstar engines? I have a '94 ETC and I've been "drooling" over the reports on the CTS-V that you do.

StealthV
07-31-05, 01:03 PM
The price all depends on your needs and level of complexity of the calibration. It is less than one billion dollars and slightly more than a dollar. It won't shock you. ;)

There are still a few things in development and when all is complete, everything will be on the website.

Long term effect? Your V will run better and be more fun to drive.

The PCM can be locked down to prevent anyone (such as the dealer) from reflashing the computer. It is just another one of the 30+ personalized options one can choose to fit their needs.

The procedure - the PCM is removed and sent in for the upgrade. Or if the V is here locally, the flash can and has been done for several other V owners here to avoid the downtime of the car without a PCM.

For all the gory details, send me an email and I'll send back 5+ MB of information. :)

StealthV
07-31-05, 01:04 PM
Rick...do you do Northstar engines? I have a '94 ETC and I've been "drooling" over the reports on the CTS-V that you do.

Northstars? A 1994 vintage machine is off the radar scope of any aftermarket tuning software company, sorry. Think of it as a good excuse to purchase a new CTS-V. :cheers:

Seattle CTS-V
08-01-05, 01:42 AM
My plans:

1. Exhaust/Headers
2. Magnacharger
3. StealthV tune
4. New tires
5. Repeat #4 indefinitely

Hopefully all to be done by early next year. Gotta do it slowly so the wife doesn't notice as much.

alcast082
08-01-05, 01:57 AM
Stealth does the tune void your warranty????
I know the dealer has to be able to blame the mod for the problem but in many cases they just automatically deny you. Any problems of this nature.

StealthV
08-01-05, 03:04 AM
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act states the dealer would have to prove the tune caused the warranty issue.

If you threw a rod out the side of the block because you wanted the rev limiter at 7400 rpm, then yes, the warranty I'm sure would be null and void.

Luna.
08-01-05, 01:24 PM
Rick,

Open up a satellite office in So Cal. :D

Barak
08-01-05, 03:03 PM
Open up a satellite office in So Cal

I second that.

wildwhl
08-01-05, 03:22 PM
Or Northern Nevada :D

detv
08-01-05, 04:44 PM
Rick,

I am very interested in getting your tune quickly. Can you please email me instructions, info, etc? Please email to: matt.george@siemens.com

Thanks!
Matt

MLV
08-04-05, 11:05 PM
Another happy customer! :thumbsup: Reinstalled PCM with the StealthV custom tune today. :burn: :yup:

HDMLNIUM
08-04-05, 11:33 PM
The Stealth-V tune rocks...:yup:

Doing more testing with it tomorrow and so far I have to say I am very happy with it on how well she drives on every day type of driving. I am doing some Dyno testing and 1/4 mile testing with it tomorrow...:thumbsup:
If you are on the fence at all, don't waste another day driving a stock tuned CTS-V... Stealth-V has a great tune and you will feel the difference right away..:2thumbs:

A little demo video on Stealth power....:burn:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/video/hdmlniumf1.html

Bill

StealthV
08-04-05, 11:40 PM
Just did a detuned Maggie version for those "dealer" visits. Would be funny to see someone drive it; it's going to be a dog. :cop:

Dealer wrench #1: :dammit: :wtf: :xcry: :crying: :crying2: :hmm: :annoyed: :banghead:

slow35th
08-04-05, 11:42 PM
Just did a detuned Maggie version for those "dealer" visits.

Valet switched?

StealthV
08-05-05, 12:05 AM
For dealer visits, valet mode is one method; the other is two PCMs (requires CKP).

akm2k5
08-05-05, 12:21 AM
HDMLNIUM, have you been to the track or dynoed your car yet?

HDMLNIUM
08-05-05, 12:44 AM
HDMLNIUM, have you been to the track or dynoed your car yet?

With the Stealth-V tune.... No not yet just some street driving time with about a week on the tune, tomorrow will be the first time the Stealthv tune sees the dyno and strip.
I have been to the Dyno and track with my Westers tune....
I do like the Stealthv tune better for the street, so it is Stealthv taking the early lead in points so far and we will see how it makes me feel tomorrow on the other tests :thumbsup:

Bill

akm2k5
08-05-05, 01:02 AM
Ill be waiting for the results.. :)

pjcnlv
08-05-05, 01:20 AM
What is the procedure to revert to "stock tune" if needed?

It sure would be nice to be able to flash this ourselves with the opportunity to reflash to stock.

StealthV
08-05-05, 01:30 AM
Your original calibration is emailed to you after the PCM is received here. With that original file, one can use EFILive software to revert the PCM back to stock if desired.

pjcnlv
08-05-05, 01:40 AM
Can I also extract your tune and then reflash?

Where can I find EFlive?

Can i obtain your tune and flash on my own?

StealthV
08-05-05, 02:14 AM
To prevent stealing of the calibration and having it emailed around the world at the click of a button, one cannot extract the calibration. However, the StealthV calibration can be written over as the PCM is not locked unless by customer request to prevent a dealer reflash. A few years down the road, if one decides to get say a head/cam package - the next tuner of choice can simply use the owner's original EFILive file or take the V to the dealer and have the PCM put back to stock and make the new changes from there.

Permanently locking the PCM down is the only method traditional tuners have to protect their IP. As a gearhead, I understand the need for the PCM to be unlocked to make changes for future modifications. From a business perspective, this is unique IP in the tuning world and there is way too much time and money invested to see the calibration copied and freely given to anyone and everyone who wants it. As a comprise, the unique, proprietary method described in the first paragraph seemed the best path to take.

If someone in the Minnesota or surrounding states has a Magnaflow exhaust on their V and wants a free tune in exchange for a few hundred miles on their car, let me know.

:cheers:

SBONES
08-05-05, 08:42 PM
stealth v, i tried to email you. I want to get my pcm to you. I just dont know how to get it out. Im sure its not that hard. thanks in advance...

urbanski
08-05-05, 09:07 PM
how to remove the PCM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sm/pcm.html
:cheers:
it's a 2 on my scale, 2 beers, the hardest part is the air dam....you'll ruin all the christmas trees like i always do, Pep Boys sells em new :D

SBONES
08-05-05, 11:58 PM
looks like alot of bolts. I have a heavy duty jack, can i do it that way..then slide under the car..

Staxxin
08-06-05, 02:00 AM
It sounds like I could hold two PCM's, one StealthV and another stock. Is this true, and is the PCM expensive?