11-13-03, 12:56 AM
http://www.deerparkavenue.com/corvette.html

Sean McDonald
11-13-03, 02:40 AM
http://www.deerparkavenue.com/corvette.html

I guess that's what happens when you mate a C-5 with an RX-8!! :D

scourge
11-13-03, 05:03 AM
I'll say the same thing I said on another board - that body looks bad ass! Certainly better looking than recent Corvettes. :worship:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-03, 08:06 AM
looks pretty good , the tail look like it came off the 84 vette , cant see the c-3 fender lines anymore tho

HotRodSaint
11-13-03, 08:36 AM
It's a 'safe' design. Nothing bold or offensive. The Corvette faithfull will except it.

Now from an aftermarket view, if I were a body kit maker, the first thing I'd do is develop a more aggressive front bumper. This one is too generic, and not even as aggressive as the CTS-V.

Fine Wine
11-13-03, 09:08 AM
I kinda like it. I like the styling lines on the hatch. Gives it kind of a 60's flavor. Those may not be the US bumpers, though. See how big the tag impression is? That usually lends itself for european tags. On the c5, the euro version gets different taillights, and the backup lamps move from either side of the tag up to the lower half of the inboard taillights. Course, this could also be GM's attempt at not having to do anything different for the euro market.

I don't think I like the direction they're going with the high mount stop lamp, though. Looks like it's going to be a huge piece of red plastic that intrudes on a portion of the car that doesn't have any reason to need light (the top of the car). The new Audis do that too. Just screams for paint to match on those parts that don't actually need to have light transmit.

Just my .02

Blackout
11-13-03, 09:41 AM
The front end reminds me a little bit of the Viper. But either way, not since the C4's were around that a Vette hasn't impressed me. You can have a C5 and I'll take a new Cobra or a ZR-1 over any C5 anyday

Elvis
11-13-03, 11:21 AM
I was thinking Viper, too.

MMNineInchNails
11-13-03, 07:12 PM
At first glance, the front looks like a viper.

Chuck C
11-14-03, 04:42 PM
I've been tracking the C6 at corvetteforum for some time now, and these photos are really generating excitement. The biggest complaint is about the front; I don't think it is agressive enough. The rear on the other hand looks is very appealing. I like the move back to circular lights and the flares around the wheel wells.

http://www.stupidfastboats.com/dsc00419.jpg

BeelzeBob
11-17-03, 08:36 PM
Take another look at that page... There's something special waiting for you...

HotRodSaint
11-18-03, 08:06 AM
Take another look at that page... There's something special waiting for you...
It's looking better!

Someone at GM, must be really pissed off right now.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-18-03, 04:14 PM
im going home to change my underoos , that car was too much

davesdeville
11-18-03, 07:21 PM
The few of you who said the front looks like a viper, that's what I thought too. Almost like a cross between a viper and a porsche.

Overall it looks good though.

Dubya
11-19-03, 02:56 PM
i think it looks like a current vette with a little ferrari mixed in (the painted pics at least) with porsche healights

to many cars are getting overdone, new caddies, new malibu, new grand prix (the front - ugh!) this one looks sweet

a cobra doesn't come close to the sexyness of a corvette, or the handling. a stock cobra is still slower than a z06, isn't the c6 supposed to have 100 more hp??