: How best to address areas most in need of upgrading, help me please,

ntechnic
07-30-05, 02:34 AM
OK, here's what bugs me the most about my V (should have first said that the list of things I love about it is ten pages long):

1) The shifter, can't live with this thing any longer.
2) The 80 freakin' pound flywheel, revs like a tractor not a sports car
3) Where's my torque? I moved from an S/C 2003 Cobra (modded) to this, and it seems just not to offer the torque I expected from 5.7L Chevy enigine.
4) Intake, that weird pinched tube upstream of the MAS has to go.
5) Air filter, the K&N is a poor fit, I don't trust my grease to be 100% successful at staying in place and trapping dirt.
6) The wheel hop. I don't want to start adding weight and hanging lots of steel on my underside. I'm a canyon carver, not a drag racer, so I'm not looking for 4,000 rpm launch cure, just knock the wheel hop down as much as I can with out weight or too much NVH penalty.

Ideas from all you diehards are most gratefully accepted. I have some thoughts, what do you think of these:

1) UUC shifter
2) Will StealthV's tune really help? I am not going to replace the flywheel.
3) I will go blown, just got out of a blower car, there's got to be something wrong with the car, where d' torque?
4) StealthV's FFV is the cure, waiting for next batch to come in.
5) Anyone know a better filter? Kind of don't want the Lingenfleter CAI, I live on the edge of the dessert and it's 200 degrees under my hood, I want that relatively cool 105 degree outside air.
6) Specter bushings? Lingenfleter ruber band thingys? Even if I don't want the BMR anti-hop or Kars Kradle, is the pinion snubber a good idea?

That's my areas of "if I fix this, this will be nearly perfect" list. Thanks!

heavymetals
07-30-05, 02:47 AM
:welcome:

Exhaust, CORSA or anything other then stock

Lingenfelter cold air

UUC shifter

MAGGIE= Hp/torque

Think about moving!:drinker :drinker

Dennisscars
07-30-05, 03:04 AM
Buy one each from StealthV catalog..

urbanski
07-30-05, 07:24 AM
5) Anyone know a better filter? Kind of don't want the Lingenfleter CAI, I live on the edge of the dessert and it's 200 degrees under my hood, I want that relatively cool 105 degree outside air.
6) Specter bushings? Lingenfleter ruber band thingys? Even if I don't want the BMR anti-hop or Kars Kradle, is the pinion snubber a good idea?

Thanks!
5. that's why LPE is so good, it seals well and draws in cool air. i'm in south texas and my intake temps are ambient.
6. get em from GM free, see the wheel hop TSB.

ntechnic
07-31-05, 06:17 AM
Thanks guys, I send my $20 donation for this forum because it's so valuable.

OK, I ordered my LPE CAI intake yesterday, I'm on StealthV's list to notify when new FFV kits come in, and I'm going to send my EMU to StealthV when I receive the LPE intake.

I missed the Wheel Hop TSB thread somehow, so this forum and this post mean I'm making an appointment as soon as the parts are in.

So that takes care of items 2-6. When the dust settles on the purchase orders through my wife (who's also my CFO) from the above, I'll order the UUC shifter and have the car of my dreams!

Peace