: dealer put 74 miles on my truck when in for service

wht02lade
07-29-05, 07:09 PM
I dropped my truck off at the dealer for service work. Nothing big window regulator, oil change and rattle from under vehicle. I picked it up today and as I was pulling out of the lot I noticed that my low fuel light was on. I put gas in it just before I dropped it off( gas station is next door). Then I looked on the paper work and saw that the mileage in was 74 miles less than the mileage out. Where was my truck? They didn't even hear the rattle which I heard again as I pulled out of the lot. Everybody from service was gone already so cant speak with anyone till monday.

Sorry for the long post but im so pissed off right now.:rant2:

CadillacGrillz
07-29-05, 07:25 PM
do u hear the rattle in the front tire on the passneger like when u hit a bump thats happening to me

wht02lade
07-29-05, 08:10 PM
It sounds like its coming from the front area maybe between the front wheels. Sounds like metal laying on metal. Everyone hears but the dealer. It possibly could be coming from the pass wheel area.

hcvone
07-30-05, 06:24 AM
That is a lot of miles for a road test. :(

Boombotz
07-30-05, 07:07 AM
I can tell you I would be pissed. 74 miles is crazy. I can't wait to hear how they explain this.

Lade
07-30-05, 08:05 AM
I would expect a lot of free details and oil changes....thats BS IMO

outofdablue
07-30-05, 10:41 AM
That rattle you guys are hearing might be coming from the exhaust. If you go underneath your truck from the passenger side look at the exhaust pipes coming from the headers you will something that looks like a oxygen sensor. That is where your rattle is coming from, tighten that up and the rattle "should" fixed.

wht02lade
07-30-05, 12:55 PM
ill look under the truck when I get a chance at the exhaust. Is it and o2 sensor or like and air line going going to the cat or something. Ill let you guys know what the dealer says on monday. Im not dropping this one.

Synergetic
07-30-05, 03:44 PM
Sounds like the guys at the dealership when out for a non-local lunch in your lac. Let us know...

wht02lade
08-02-05, 10:38 PM
Well the dealer told me that nobody was able hear the rattle I was talking about. So the shop foreman took the truck home for the night. Which I was never asked if it was ok to do so. At my job we can not take home a car unless the customer says its ok. Then they said they were sorry they forgot to gas it up. They said they still didnt hear the noise which I still hear.

They way to get things done right is do it yourself.

pimp-cadi-danny
08-02-05, 10:48 PM
but 74 miles to take her home?bs...he was pimpin your ride lookin for the young girlies...pimpin aint easy

integline
08-03-05, 02:00 AM
were does he live at? what dealership was this? and are they goin gto give u anything in return for the bs u went through and the extra milage, also are their any other things damaged paint rims etc.?

nickc280
08-03-05, 02:12 AM
also are they going to gas it up know??? $hit I would make them gas it up

clickart
08-03-05, 11:30 AM
Well the dealer told me that nobody was able hear the rattle I was talking about. So the shop foreman took the truck home for the night. Which I was never asked if it was ok to do so. At my job we can not take home a car unless the customer says its ok. Then they said they were sorry they forgot to gas it up. They said they still didnt hear the noise which I still hear.

They way to get things done right is do it yourself.

Just call the coportation and make a complaint!!1

1knight1
08-04-05, 12:55 AM
That rattle you guys are hearing might be coming from the exhaust. If you go underneath your truck from the passenger side look at the exhaust pipes coming from the headers you will something that looks like a oxygen sensor. That is where your rattle is coming from, tighten that up and the rattle "should" fixed.

I had the same problem with my, I couldn't figure it out. I thought there was something wrong with my suspension, had the dealer look at it every single time I had a oil change, but they couldn't hear it. Until, I requested that I went with them for the road test. I got the shop foreman to drive it, as I was in the passage side (felt weird being on that side). We didnt hear it at first, until we made the last stop lights before heading back to the shop and thats when the foreman heard it. He immediately knew what it was and that same day they fix it and explained to me what was causing the noise.

wht02lade
08-04-05, 06:05 PM
Yes they said they would gas it up next time. The dealer is Brogan Cadillac in Totowa New Jersey. I wasnt happy with them last time either. My truck is all stock no wheels grill or anything so im sure they could have found a better one to pimp around in.

addison_ii
08-04-05, 06:17 PM
but 74 miles to take her home?bs...he was pimpin your ride lookin for the young girlies...pimpin aint easy
I agree. I would get a black light and test for any skeet skeet skeet. But in all seriousness they should have gassed it up.

My truck is all stock no wheels grill or anything so im sure they could have found a better one to pimp around in.
Give yourself some credit when it's due. You have a Caddy Truck. It's gonna get attention even if it's stock. I've seen girls go wild over "Lades".