: NEW StealthV Tune-love it!!!!

moldowan
07-28-05, 10:58 PM
I just got my car back and had rick do the "trackpower" tune.
The car drives TONS better!!!!!! Had the flywheel "electronicly lightened" and what a difference it makes! Corsa POP/Backfire is GONE!!!!!!!!!!
Car sounds awesome with the new LPE filter/FFV combo. Wide open throttle is MUCH more aggressive sounding but low throttle is a bit more stealth-which is good in my opinion.
Power is Very Up, rev's up faster, overall drivability is much more fun! I can really spin the tires thru the gears now-hehehehehe Had the torque management disabled and I can tell the difference.
Overall the Best Damn $$$ I spent on this car so far!!!!!!! I friggin love it!:)
I will dyno the car next week sometime and see where I'm at. I don't have a baseline but will use Urbys 1st dyno as a Psydo baseline (before he got the mods).
-Moldy

p.s. Thank you rick!!!!! "I love you man!"-LOL

slow35th
07-28-05, 11:00 PM
I'm next!!!!!!!! I can't wait until Saturday.:bouncy:

vr6aaron
07-28-05, 11:04 PM
So where can i get mine?

slow35th
07-28-05, 11:11 PM
So where can i get mine?

www.stealthv.com

ace996
07-28-05, 11:23 PM
What is the difference between urban and track tune??

DILLIGAF
07-28-05, 11:26 PM
You get all that + a calander.Someday you might need to upgrade to the wild maggie tune.:sneaky:

AmesCTS-V
07-28-05, 11:36 PM
I kind of like the pop/back fire:)

HDMLNIUM
07-28-05, 11:43 PM
Another Happy Stealth-V customer, it sure sounds like Rick has his tunes right on... :thumbsup:

Moldy,
Using Urbys baseline won't be a very good test in my opinion, different cars and different dynos... but hey I would still like to see what numbers you come up with...:yup:

Bill

moldowan
07-29-05, 12:07 AM
same dyno@ dynotex in san antonio.

I know it isn't optimal but i didn't dyno mine stock but It urby did. so it will have to be better than nothing.
urbys 1st dyno showed 337rwhp- saw it on there computer today I think the last time he dynoed it w/headers was 357rwhp but that might have been before the tune. Shawns dyno is a bit on the low side according to him.
-moldy

moldowan
07-29-05, 12:10 AM
urban tune= totally stock V

track tune= cat-back exhaust & cai intake

:coolgleam
-moldy

HDMLNIUM
07-29-05, 12:46 AM
I didn't realize it was going to be the same dyno.. That will make it a lot closer and a lot better test than I thought it would be.. Looking forward to the results... Good luck..

Bill

wildwhl
07-29-05, 03:50 AM
There's the wildmaggietune...and then there's the StealthVWildMaggieTune where 3rd gear becomes useless (with 275's no less) :D

urbanski
07-29-05, 09:23 AM
I'm next!!!!!!!! I can't wait until Saturday.:bouncy:
:cheers:

urbanski
07-29-05, 09:26 AM
What is the difference between urban and track tune??
urban is proprietary to me since that's my last name :D :p
**actually I have no idea

urbanski
07-29-05, 09:27 AM
I kind of like the pop/back fire:)
you can keep it if you wish
Rick has a 4 page questionnaire covering every possible option/feature/category you could imaging. Want pop? Sure. Want freer revs? Sure. Want some stock features, but some custom? Sure.

urbanski
07-29-05, 09:29 AM
same dyno@ dynotex in san antonio.

I know it isn't optimal but i didn't dyno mine stock but It urby did. so it will have to be better than nothing.
urbys 1st dyno showed 337rwhp- saw it on there computer today I think the last time he dynoed it w/headers was 357rwhp but that might have been before the tune. Shawns dyno is a bit on the low side according to him.
-moldy
yeah Shawn's dyno is stingy, and my actual baseline 100% stock was over at Fuel Injection on Wye drive. I'll go back there one day soon for a true baseline comparo. Their dyno is less stingy.

Mowgli
07-29-05, 09:48 AM
Moldy - do the revs drop faster now after you let off the throttle?

Thats my biggest peeve with the V's tune from the factory. Seems to take forever for those revs to drop (damn scavenging) - I feel like I can twiddle my thumbs and look thru a few radio stations in between shifts waiting on the damn revs to come down to range for the next gear.

Can't wait to get a Stealth Tune after the Corsa goes on.

Nother question - does the LPE filter increase noise over just Stealth's FFV? I have the FFV and like the lack of intake noise, but if there's additional HP gains to be had slapping on an LPE filter, I'm on it. If its to get the sound you want, I've already got that.

urbanski
07-29-05, 10:03 AM
revs drop faster, too.
no hanging, and no annoying "double-idle" speed...
and for me the LPE did not cause intake noise, but on some people's it did

SBONES
07-29-05, 11:43 AM
just had mine done at more. But if urs is that much better, i want to get mine done too. Just dont know how to get it to ya...Ya i took my caddy for service and they removed more's tune. So not only wasted 500 bucks, but back to normale:eek: . I would love to try your tune next if i can...:bouncy:

urbanski
07-29-05, 11:50 AM
just had mine done at more. But if urs is that much better, i want to get mine done too. Just dont know how to get it to ya...Ya i took my caddy for service and they removed more's tune. So not only wasted 500 bucks, but back to normale:eek: . I would love to try your tune next if i can...:bouncy:
that is why you either:
1. NEVER let a dealer touch your car
2. or have a deal with your tuner of choice that should this happen, you either get it redone free or at very reduced cost.

moldowan
07-29-05, 12:55 PM
Urby is right, Rick is a resonable guy! If this happend to you and you had his tune he would accomodate you in some form or another.

My idle is now @650 and I love it - No rpm hang at all!!!!
-moldy

StealthV
07-29-05, 01:13 PM
Moldy - thanks for the good feedback; glad you like it! Definitely changes the car eh?

SBONES - shoot me an email; I think the dealer has provided a window of opportunity to improve your V.

As a fellow V owner for 17,000 miles, the knowledge of knowing what areas to improve on the V is something you won't get from a traditional dyno WOT tune. :)

SBONES
07-29-05, 04:02 PM
I talked to more yesterday and they will redo it for me. They said they remember me. lol...I still think im going to pay for stealth's at this point. That way ill know what both programs are like. Im running late to get to the track, Grudge night at maple grove. Hope i brake the 13 sec barreir...stealth ill hit ya up tomarrow, thanks..scott

Redline
07-29-05, 05:11 PM
Waiting to install the LPE CAI, then I can't wait to see what StealthV can do to my PCM... after the reflash, of course!

urbanski
07-29-05, 05:15 PM
Waiting to install the LPE CAI, then I can't wait to see what StealthV can do to my PCM... after the reflash, of course!
now remember....the theory is this dealer "reflash" is just to program your VIN into the PCM....a StealthV tune does that automatically, do not pass go, do NOT stop at the dealer....

bryce3
07-29-05, 05:46 PM
What did you take your car in for? Why would the dealer have to check your system if all there doing is an oil change?
-Sean

slow35th
07-29-05, 05:59 PM
What did you take your car in for? Why would the dealer have to check your system if all there doing is an oil change?
-Sean

Whenever you take your vehicle in for any reason they will check it for open recalls.

Geno
07-29-05, 08:30 PM
As a fellow V owner for 17,000 miles, the knowledge of knowing what areas to improve on the V is something you won't get from a traditional dyno WOT tune. :)

Rick, that's precisely why I hope you come up with a tune for my cammed Maggie. I know my "V" kicks butt at WOT, but I would like to have a tune massaged from bottom to top.

StealthV
07-29-05, 08:52 PM
A cammed Maggie tune will be here soon. :canttalk:

Geno
07-29-05, 11:50 PM
A cammed Maggie tune will be here soon. :canttalk:

I love you, man!:cheers:

ntechnic
07-30-05, 01:33 AM
"Flywheel electronically lightened" ??? I hate the huge flywheel on this car, that and the shifter are my two biggest complaints. But realistically, I am not going to change the flywheel. So this interested me, what is it?

If all I have on my car is a Corsa exhaust, and a StealthV FFV tube, should I get the trackpower tune? If I decide to add the Lingenfelter CAI later, will it need reflashing?

Lastly, what's the $$$? I'm very, very interested. I sold my 550 hp 2003 Cobra, and the V is adequate, but the torque does't seem right, and that slow rev and down rev drive me nuts.

StealthV
07-30-05, 01:45 AM
The ELF is exactly what it sounds like.

A TrackPower is for typical bolt-ons and would require an update if one switches intake systems.

Price - it won't scare you. Send me an email.

Torque down low? You'll have to figure out how to launch the car hard all over again. :)

moldowan
07-30-05, 01:47 AM
rick will need to answer this last entry, but I can tell you the flywheel and clutch are easier to deal with now!

-moldy
oops-rick is faster than me-LOL

L.Sanchez
07-30-05, 05:22 AM
StealthV -

I'm quite interested in your tune. I tried to get your email address or PM you from your profile, but for some reason the forums say I can't or don't have access to that. Can you email me your address so I can shoot you some questions?

I'm wondering if I can even get your product since I'm in Los Angeles???

thebigjimsho
07-30-05, 01:19 PM
StealthV -

I'm wondering if I can even get your product since I'm in Los Angeles???Barring any rowdy Injuns, the Pony Express should be able to accomodate you.

ace996
07-30-05, 08:59 PM
And Eskimos...always have to watch those Eskimos.