: Smoke Taillights!!!!!!!!

CadillacGrillz
07-28-05, 07:42 PM
Hey i wanted to know if Smoke TailLights are illegal cuz today a state trooper stopped me and told me they were absrtucted TailLights But everyone has them

RaGzEmCeE
07-28-05, 08:05 PM
theres no law specifically against smoked taillights ... the law ... at least in california ... is that your lights have to be visible from 500 ft away .....

CadillacGrillz
07-28-05, 09:00 PM
Thats true I mean To say the truth some police people r just haters i mean just cuz we got nice vechiles and everything i mean he gave me a ticker for Tints,License Plate front,Lights and i took off the tints in front of him and he just told me that aint gonna change nothing sir

vietfob714
07-29-05, 01:19 PM
i got a ticket for tint too.. haters

cadnathan
07-29-05, 05:22 PM
Anyone ever smoke their tailights themselves? Thinking about doing it and don't want to get in over my head. I have a can of VHT ready to go.

CadillacGrillz
07-29-05, 07:09 PM
i Did am my self and they look nice JUST BEWARE OF the police some of them like to hate alot

RaGzEmCeE
07-29-05, 07:17 PM
i wouldnt do the spray tint .... it starts fading and it loses its shine ... get it done with film

integline
08-03-05, 04:13 AM
yea do a film and go very light, if you go too dark your just going to regret it with the popo's. u dont want to give them amore reasons to pull u over.

Synergetic
08-03-05, 05:37 AM
Set up your ride the way YOU want it... maybe you'll get pulled over a few times, but they'll eventually stop pulling you over as your a local. Thats what I do. My tint is darker than the legal amount and I don't get stopped anymore for it.

CadillacGrillz
08-03-05, 10:23 AM
well thats true but my problem was the STATE TROOPERS that pulled me over i mean were im from almost everyone got less percent then 5% tint cuz were in the border from mexico and united stated and in mexico they dont tell u nothing like when i go cruising over there my whole front windshield has a 5% on it and thats why when i go to a place called mcallen its 1 hr away i always take of my tint becouse its the one u can take of and put back on

RaGzEmCeE
08-03-05, 04:05 PM
yea do a film and go very light, if you go too dark your just going to regret it with the popo's. u dont want to give them amore reasons to pull u over.

thats bullshit ... when it comes to stuff like that ... a cop is either going to be a dick or he isnt ... hes either gonna pull you over for or it or not ... hes not going to say ... oh well its not that dark i wont pull him over

jrs05caddyext
08-03-05, 04:13 PM
Have had mine done for a while no problem. Like some say if the cop wants to pull me over he will.

CadillacGrillz
08-03-05, 05:09 PM
those look nice well mine are less black and he pulled me over but i think that with those led back up lights should lite up more rite

50nutt
08-03-05, 05:30 PM
anyone have any pics of smoke tailights on a pewtered colored lade?

BIG SPENDER
08-03-05, 07:42 PM
When i was looking to buy an ESV, at one of the dealer here in Toronto had a White 2002 ESV from New Jersey, the rear tail lights were blacked out. The wife and i took it out for a test spin, on our way back a unmarked cruiser pulled us over. We told him we are taking it for a test drive, he noticed the dealer plate on the back and said if we were to buy this truck the tail lights have to go, they were to dark and said they wouldn't be legal, i should have them changed by the dealer upon purchase. Well we didn't end up buy it any way.

CadillacGrillz
08-03-05, 09:53 PM
but theres black out and smoke taillights and mine are smoke i mean in the sun u can see lots of the red and at night it looks very bright so i dont understand i mean in texas there less strict then in californa and look at westcoast customs they do shit loads of blacked out lights i just dont understand the police but how they say the more shit u put in ur vechile the more attention from the people and the police they like stopping good looking vechiles they want to find any ****ing excuse to stop u

50nutt
08-04-05, 01:33 PM
yeah they have nothing BETTER to worry about I guess. The last time I got pulled over for my side tint, which is only 20% tint! I asked him if he had anything better to do and if he was just bored. He didn't like that very much, but dam I see cars that the lenses are smashed and all taped up, you don't see them getting pulled over!:want: Its always the people that take care of there cars or trucks and make them look different.:rant2:

outofdablue
08-04-05, 02:13 PM
What did you guys pay for the smoked ones? Also, where is the best place to get them done? (website?)

jrs05caddyext
08-04-05, 02:56 PM
I paid $60 for both smoked pitch black. Auto Body/Paint shops charge really cheap. But if you cant find anything out there check these other guys out.http://www.smokinlights.net/

CadillacGrillz
08-06-05, 05:49 PM
I GOT PULLED OVER AGAIN TODAY BY A F()CKING LOCAL FOR THE SMOKE TAILLIGHTS good thing my dad showed up and he let me go without a ticket

Spittin Game
08-06-05, 08:30 PM
someone was talking about tinting, and another was talking about a body shop/paint shop doing it. Whats the best way to to do it? And will any window tinter be able to do this? I want it done.

RaGzEmCeE
08-07-05, 06:13 AM
the best to do it is film its shinier and it lasts longer ..... the spray paint gets dull and it doesnt last long .... and the way body shops do it is too dark .. its hard to see the lights at night even

jrs05caddyext
08-08-05, 01:24 PM
The body shop does it as dark/light as you want. The 1st time I went in it was to light so I got it done again pitch black the second time. I tried doing the film but no luck.If you want the film check this palce out

www.stickercity.com (http://www.stickercity.com)

Spittin Game
08-08-05, 04:58 PM
The body shop does it as dark/light as you want. The 1st time I went in it was to light so I got it done again pitch black the second time. I tried doing the film but no luck.If you want the film check this palce out

www.stickercity.com (http://www.stickercity.com)

That site doesnt have any for cadillac.

And I didn't know it just went on the outside, I thought was the inside. Any sites sell the pre cuts for the Lade?

jrs05caddyext
08-08-05, 05:18 PM
That site doesnt have any for cadillac.

And I didn't know it just went on the outside, I thought was the inside. Any sites sell the pre cuts for the Lade?

You have to order a sheet of film and cut it yourself. I did but the sheet I bought was 12"X12" and wasnít big enough for both taillights. I would suggest you buy 2 -24"X12" if you want to do it yourself. I found it quite difficult. Itís up to you.

RaGzEmCeE
08-08-05, 08:40 PM
..... i got mine from and installed by sticker city ..... its good because theyre very dark but when you brake people cant tell the diff .... the reason they dont sell precuts for escalade is because the lines on the escalade taillights make it very hard ..... you could install by yourself .... it should be that hard from what ive heard