: exhaust 03 escalade

nomadgj
07-28-05, 06:03 PM
Ok so anybody know the real specs on changing mufflers on the escalade. I 'm being told putting on a Flowmaster muffler will bump horsys 30 to 35 hp. Is this so or are they just pullin my emergency brake. Is there a better muffler out there than the flowmaster and what kind of improvement can I expect. Thanks for any help GJ

Rolex
07-28-05, 06:11 PM
Ok so anybody know the real specs on changing mufflers on the escalade. I 'm being told putting on a Flowmaster muffler will bump horsys 30 to 35 hp. Is this so or are they just pullin my emergency brake. Is there a better muffler out there than the flowmaster and what kind of improvement can I expect. Thanks for any help GJ

Flowmaster has great marketing people. I doubt you'd get 35 hp at the crank by changing the air intake, exhaust, and optimizing the computer with a programmer, let alone doing just one thing. Quite a few of the people here speak the praises of the corsa touring exhaust for the Escalade, while the corsa sport exhaust is too loud for most.

Do a search and see what you come up with. :)

hcvone
07-29-05, 07:46 AM
You will not get 35 hp by installing and exhaust even with long tube headers, most exhaust systems will give you from 0-15 hp, and doing many dyno tests some exhust will loose power if they do not allow enough back pressure. I changed my exhaust for better sound and better looks, it also flows better in the higher rpms which allows the truck to run better. :)

Synergetic
07-29-05, 01:55 PM
With my air intake and flow master exhaust, i'm hitting 360-365.

Synergetic
07-29-05, 01:58 PM
Not to mention, it sounds so great!!

ZX_man
07-30-05, 02:03 PM
:hmm: Not that I am doubting that number, but do you have some dyno results? I'm sure you are talking about HP at the crank. Wheel HP will be alot lower esp if you have an AWD version.

Regards

Walter

integline
08-03-05, 03:12 AM
magnaflow any good?

CAD-E!
06-14-06, 12:17 AM
magnaflow any good?

Anyone??? i have a friend who works at a muffler shop and he said he'll put one in my escalade for $140, is that a good deal?

Dalis
06-14-06, 02:39 AM
I had my 03 had a flowmaster 40 series put in. Man it sure sounds nice. Used the flowmaster 9525454 http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_196&products_id=4027
Has 2 ins and 2 outs with 2.5" pipes. Noticed the stock header pipe was a weird size between 2.5 and 3".

hcvone
06-14-06, 07:48 AM
I have Corsa Touring, I am very happy and would get it again.

dnyce617
06-14-06, 08:35 AM
I have Corsa Touring, I am very happy and would get it again.

:yeah:

Cadillac Standard
06-15-06, 01:41 AM
Flowmaster has great marketing people. I doubt you'd get 35 hp at the crank by changing the air intake, exhaust, and optimizing the computer with a programmer, let alone doing just one thing. Quite a few of the people here speak the praises of the corsa touring exhaust for the Escalade, while the corsa sport exhaust is too loud for most.

Do a search and see what you come up with.

If you just do a straight muffler change, you probably wont gain much. But if you do Long Tube Headers, full exhuast, intake and dyno, how on earth could you not gain?? (hcvon, long tubes alone will give u a few hp) The factory intake doesnt suck in enough cold air and the headers are short with small diameter tubing. Also the stock exhaust has resonators and very restrictive quite cats and mufflers. Now if you put in intake Long tubes and high flow cats with an exhaust you will gain alot! If you dont TUNE it, then you may loose hp since your engine would probably be running lean. Now when you tune it, you should change air fuel ratio which will cause more fuel with more air (caused by the new intake and exhaust;more flow) causing a great increase over the restrictive stock system! sorry but you are mistake here rolex

Black Beauty 03 ESV
06-15-06, 10:47 PM
I just had dual exhaust installed on my 03 ESV. It's a flowmaster 70 series muffler with 3" pipes and true flow cold air intake. It runs great and sounds great too although my rode in it today for the first time and asked what was all that noise but that's a woman for you

Rolex
06-15-06, 11:34 PM
sorry but you are mistake here rolex

Reduce back pressure too much and you'll lose low-end power regardless of how much you tune. :bigroll:

My point was...these aftermarket companies (eg Flowmaster) make exaggerated claims that people tend to believe without question. The author of this thread specifically asked if adding (only) Flow Master mufflers would yield gains of 30-35 hp. My answer to that was that I personally doubt one would gain 35 hp by adding an intake, FM mufflers, and doing a power tune.....let alone adding just high flow mufflers. If you have specific evidence to refute that I'd be interested to see it.

I'm not sure how you extrapolated this:

But if you do Long Tube Headers, full exhuast, intake and dyno, how on earth could you not gain??

from what I posted. :hmm: You're too anxious to prove somebody wrong my friend. Relax a little. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_thinking.gif

Cadillac Standard
06-16-06, 12:13 AM
Reduce back pressure too much and you'll lose low-end power regardless of how much you tune. :bigroll:

My point was...these aftermarket companies (eg Flowmaster) make exaggerated claims that people tend to believe without question. The author of this thread specifically asked if adding (only) Flow Master mufflers would yield gains of 30-35 hp. My answer to that was that I personally doubt one would gain 35 hp by adding an intake, FM mufflers, and doing a power tune.....let alone adding just high flow mufflers. If you have specific evidence to refute that I'd be interested to see it.

I'm not sure how you extrapolated this:

from what I posted. :hmm: You're too anxious to prove somebody wrong my friend. Relax a little. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_thinking.gif

If you reduce back pressure tooo much, then yeah you are right. But this is not GENERALLY the case unless you put on the wrong mufflers and piping. Using cheap universal mufflers can yield this effect. you could easily use a crossover (x/y pipe) with the dual catylitic converters. You can get quite complexly in to the actual pressure measure , dual chamber vs single, piping diameter correlation to catylitic conversion flow, etc. You're right about the muffler swap, but not about the intake, exhaust, and power tune. There have been many escalades that have been dynoed and gained hp with the intake tune and exhaust. When i was referring to long tubes or as you say "extrapolated", i was referring to a different post as i mentioned in my post. Im not too anxious to prove anyone wrong here. I have no potential benefits from proving you wrong. I could care less, but this forum is to discuss, learn, etc and im just trying to give some information and opinion.

Rolex
06-16-06, 12:30 AM
When i was referring to long tubes or as you say "extrapolated", i was referring to a different post as i mentioned in my post.

So you were adressing me at some point, and then you weren't? :hmm: And the end point to your first post was:

sorry but you are mistake here rolex

But then...

Im not too anxious to prove anyone wrong here. I have no potential benefits from proving you wrong.

I guess I'm having difficulty following your poor sentence structure and grammar or something. I believe this will become one of those times I will wish I didn't post any reply at all. I'm just going to leave it alone now. :horse:

The thread is all yours. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif

Cadillac Standard
06-16-06, 04:43 AM
So you were adressing me at some point, and then you weren't? :hmm: And the end point to your first post was:

But then...

I guess I'm having difficulty following your poor sentence structure and grammar or something. I believe this will become one of those times I will wish I didn't post any reply at all. I'm just going to leave it alone now. :horse:

The thread is all yours. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif

Can someone address more than one persone in a post, or is that quite impossible. Yes about the intake, mufflers and tune; i was addressing you. About the LT headers, i was addressing someone else as i said in parantheses in my post.
My poor sentence structure, or as you so claim? Im sorry but i dont have the time, nor the effort to punctuate and check for grammatical errors on this online forum. Obviously, you have alot of free time and maybe you can endulge in such tediousness. Im not even going to go into education level and qualification by which you make your statements. Im just offering my opinion and info. I didnt realize that you would take offense to it etc. I hope you dont take it the wrong way. We are all entitled to our own opinions. So i sure hope you dont wish that you hadnt posted. Another opinion cant hurt.

Rolex
06-17-06, 12:37 PM
Can someone address more than one persone in a post, or is that quite impossible. Yes about the intake, mufflers and tune; i was addressing you. About the LT headers, i was addressing someone else as i said in parantheses in my post.

I'm not trying to offend you, but your post flowed like cold molasses and it was pretty difficult to determine who you were addressing.

I appreciate your opinion as much as the next guy's. If you're going to tell me I'm wrong about something that's okay by me, but be ready to qualify your position with real information. I don't think anyone else here expects anything less.

My poor sentence structure, or as you so claim? Im sorry but i dont have the time, nor the effort to punctuate and check for grammatical errors on this online forum. Obviously, you have alot of free time and maybe you can endulge in such tediousness.

When I start a sentence I use the shift key. When I end a statement I use one of these "." Likewise, when I end a question I use "?" None of that uses up any of my free time.

Im not even going to go into education level and qualification by which you make your statements.

Good.

Im just offering my opinion and info. I didnt realize that you would take offense to it etc. I hope you dont take it the wrong way.

Your opinion hasen't offended me yet.

Can someone address more than one persone in a post, or is that [quite] impossible.(?) Yes about the intake, mufflers and tune; i was addressing you. About the LT headers, i was addressing someone else (,)as i said in parantheses in my post.
(SP)
My poor sentence structure, or as you so claim? (neither a sentence nor a question) I(')m sorry but i dont have the time, nor the effort to punctuate and check for grammatical errors on this online forum (painfully obvious). Obviously, you have alot of free time and maybe you can endulge in such tediousness. I(')m not even going to go into education level and qualification by which you make your statements. I(')m just offering my opinion and info. I didn(')t realize that you would take offense to it(,)etc. I hope you don(')t take it the wrong way. We are all entitled to our own opinions. So i sure hope you don(')t wish that you hadn(')t posted. Another opinion cant hurt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/spellingnazis2aa.jpg :p :D

ETA: CS between the two of us bantering, we've managed to hijack this thread! :D

Cadillac Standard
06-17-06, 04:33 PM
ETA: CS between the two of us bantering, we've managed to hijack this thread! :D

This is true! lol. Anyway, just to touch base...again.

(btw read what is in the parentheses, sometimes its crucial to comprehend the main elements of the written material)

This is what i am talking about; all the time it took you to proof read my post, color code the errors and mistakes, wow. I do commend you for trying, its kind of entertaining to see someone try to correct another when they themselves arent anywhere close to correct. Im sorry but i just dont have that kind of time and frankly i dont want to. Nor am i going to try to post with perfect grammar and punctuation. Now, i looked at your "corrections" and i could actually go back and correct your corrections based upon a post graduate level analysis, but we wont go into that (you pass gas and push drugs for a living right? true or not, it shows a real level of maturity), but like i said, im not thaaat (here, i intentionally spelled "that" with three a's, as it is a very common method of emphasis used by professional writers as well as others. In addition, in case you weren't aware, there is a difference in colloquial writing and formal writing. A key point to keep in mind when reading posts! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloquial ) bored, nor do i have that kind of time or effort. I could go on, but i could care less.
Anyway, you havent offended me either rolex. It was kind of fun, lol, but now its just time consuming and pointless.

Rolex
06-17-06, 07:06 PM
I'm on call and have nothing better to do at the moment. :rolleyes: You're sentence structure is getting better already. Keep up the good work! :p

Cadillac Standard
06-17-06, 09:20 PM
Is it really getting better? or maybe worse? because i could care less about the correctness of writing and grammar on this forum; mine or yours! lol (not a real word, its a phrase used in online chat or colloquial language that stands for "lauging out loud"). As for you, having nothing better to do at the moment; thats what i thought. Anyway, rolex, back to the original topic LOL, you have exhaust right? have you tried putting on an intake, long tubes if you like it loud, and tuning it. You wont be disappointed!

Rolex
06-17-06, 09:55 PM
The only modification I ever tried on my Escalade was adding a K&N FIPK. It was fun for the first couple of weeks, and became annoying after that. It was all I could hear inside the cabin, around town and on the freeway. I think Cadillac did an excellent job with the Lade's exhaust. It has a throaty (probably not in Mereiam-Webster's dictionary ;) ) sound that lets onlookers know it has a big V8, without causing too much noise inside the cabin. I think the factory exhaust is perfect, so I never changed it.

Aside from the cabin noise, I removed the FIPK for another reason. One of my colleagues complemented me on my Escalade when he rode in it. He said it was powerful and quiet when I jumped on the accelerator. It lost the quiet part because of the new intake, so I sold the FIPK on Ebay.

I did add an intake and ECM tune to my last GMC with the 5.3 liter engine. I'm certain it added some HP, but not enough to change the feeling in the seat of the pants. IMO adding the intake and ECM tune didn't allow for gains of 30hp, but I didn't dyno it so we'll never know. :rolleyes:

Rolex
06-17-06, 10:00 PM
I think if I ever added anything from the aftermarket it would be a new grill. The factory grill leaves a lot of room for improvement IMO.

Cadillac Standard
06-18-06, 12:44 AM
Yeah the grilles on the 02-06 could definitely use improvement. E&G classics makes really nice grilles. So does strut. If you want the cabin to be cadillac quiet, then definitely dont do an exhaust. Have seen and tried many different systems, mufflers, etc. and they are all noticeably louder in the cabin. Intakes for these escalade vortech engines all seem to whiste at least a little. Some noticeable, some not. If you want more power and speed with out sound, you can add a chip like hypertech and change the gearing (ring and pinion) in the differential. Although, you are definitely right about the cadillac V8. It has a nice rumble to it without anything done to it.

Cadillac Standard
06-18-06, 12:45 AM
We soo own this thread. ; )