: 2005 V6 SRX with Perf Lux pkg for under dealer cost - go for it or wait for 2006s

rackey
07-28-05, 01:51 PM
What would you do?

2005 V6 SRX with Performance Luxury package. Has been used as a demo but under 300 miles. Sells as new. Lists at $52,695, dealer cost is $44,698, and today only can grab it for $42,500.

I have no experience with Cadillacs and do not know what will happen with release of the 2006s. Will the value on the 2005 head south?

The incentives off on Monday but I am thinking to maybe wait it out and see if can pick it up on a September buy. Any advice?

Thanks for reading

srmcclean
07-28-05, 01:58 PM
Hello,

This may not answer your question but I do have a 2005 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD, black with neutral leather interior for sale in the classified section. The car has 16k miles and is very clean. No accidents, no paintwork, clean carfax. My SRX does not have the luxury performance package but at $28,500 it is an unbeatable price and you dont have to worry much about depreciation. If interested e-mail me at distinctiveautomobiles@hotmail.com

inline6
07-28-05, 01:59 PM
The GM incentives will go away 8-1 and it will probably be at least couple of months before there are any on 06s. If you are not in a rush, you may be able get a similar deal on an 06 sometime during the year, but who knows for sure? The 06 changes are relatively minor: some different color, wheels and an electric rear hatch. If you like the 05, go for it.

c5 rv
07-28-05, 09:22 PM
The '06s are rumored to have narrower door sills so they will hopefully be easier to enter and exit.

gottawonder
07-28-05, 11:48 PM
Weil Cadillac (Libertyville, north of Chicago) had a couple of V8 AWD w/ perf luxury packages for 41995 (List 596xx) ... add $2500 for Cadillac Certified.... Last time I looked they still had a red one. Finished all the paperwork on my Blue Chip one yesterday... counting down the days until I pick it up...!

http://www.weilcadillachummer.com/ go to used inventory. Listing a red one for 41995 and a black one for 42995

I surfed pretty hard and was happy with the deal. Buddy went buy and peeked at the car for me and said it looked new.

Adding the certified used also qualified it for special GMAC financing that pretty well made the extra cost a wash.
GW

Thinking
07-29-05, 12:31 AM
I decided not to buy an SRX, but the dealer I was working with was offering Employee pricing plus $3000 dealer cash back. Make sure you are getting at least that good of a deal.

BrettM
08-23-05, 09:50 AM
I bought a redline SRX V-8, AWD, navigational system, dvd, ultraview, 18" billet wheels, totally loaded, sticker was 61985.00, had 5000 miles on it and was bought through a dealer on the GMAC manufacturers auction website. I picked it up for 45,000 with the 100,000 mile warranty (certified) and the GMAC lower interest that goes with certified Caddys. The dealer was awesome (from ohio), I found them through e-bay, missed the bid on a blue chip, he called and asked if I was still looking, told him yes. He found another one, a SRX redline, a week later it was at my door in Illinois no charge for delivery. This was the best price anywhere, as I spent about six months researching. Contact them at http://www.chesrownnewark.com/index.htm

Playdrv4me
08-23-05, 05:40 PM
Chesrown is a Supporting Dealership on our site, very good to deal with. They have deals like that all the time, recently they were giving away 05' CTS-V's new for like 39900.

57TBird
08-23-05, 06:13 PM
I picked up an 05 RWD V8 with lux perf package and only 4,800 miles on it, for $35,850 + tax and title. It was a GM exec turn in, and in mint condition.

I found it on Ebay from a GM dealer in Delavan, WI, with a $38k reserve price. It didn't meet the reserve and I was already near there (<100 miles away) on business, so I figured WTF, might as well look at it. I pulled a carfax, went to the dealership, test drove it, made an offer, and drove it back to Atlanta the next week.

BTW, the reason for the low price was everyone up north wants AWDs, and no one was willing to bid $38k for it on ebay, sight unseen. They also had an XLR there (exec turn in), with almost no miles on it, for less than $60k.

Moral of the story: You can find a great deal, if you are patient and do your homework.