: air ride

50nutt
07-28-05, 12:37 PM
I am new to the site, and to the escalade seen. My girlfreind just got and 02 suv style, not the esv. We have had it about a week. Everytime we start it we hear this loud growling sound. I asked around and everyone is telling me to have the air compressor checked. I layed underneath and wacthed the air bags and they don't fill up, and it is the compressor making that sound. I brought it back to the dealer and they said have it checked by a cadillac dealer and have written proof that it is bad!!!! I even showed them, that the bags don't fill up with air, I mean you can tell just by looking at it. It sags in the rear. Any info on this matter?:confused:

Synergetic
07-28-05, 01:12 PM
The loud growling sound could just be the air compressor turning on. It would be better to take it to someone other than the Cadillac dealer who will most likely not know what to do and/or charge you a lot.

50nutt
07-28-05, 01:20 PM
I have heard other air ride compressor on 03's and 04's and they do not sound like mine. They are quiet.

Synergetic
07-28-05, 01:24 PM
Well, i'm not familar with the air ride system. I got my truck fully air bagged for shows and I have to manually hit the switch when I get in and get out of the truck. When the air compressors comes on, it sounds exactly as you described.

Who is the manufactor of the air ride system? It would be best to contact them direct for further advice.

50nutt
07-28-05, 01:29 PM
its stock

Spittin Game
07-28-05, 01:49 PM
I have an 02 and it makes a "growling" noise I guess you could say. But its not very loud, definitely noticeable though, the dealer told me it does that when it auto levels itself.

50nutt
07-28-05, 01:59 PM
maybe there is a leak in the system, either I need if fixed, it rides like ass in the rear.