: 00 Problem with transmission?

brentdawg50
07-27-05, 08:41 PM
I have a 2000 Escalade that is having some sort of problem. It is sluggish to respond when you try to accelerate. This started about a month ago. I took it to a repair shop told them what was wrong and they suggested I do the 90,000 mile service and they would look for any problems. The vehicle seemed better afterwards but only for like two weeks. Then the same problem happened. I took it back to the shop and they said I needed new spark plug wires. So I had those replaced and the vehicle was okay for like a week. Now twice today it had the same problem (once while going uphill and once on a flat road). I press the accelerator and barely anything happens. I can't get over 30 mph and while the acclerator is being pressed constantly it feels like I am pushing down and then letting off the gas, like an a jerking sensation. The engine revs up but just doesn't go. Could this be a transmission problem? What should I have checked out? Any idea on how much a repair should cost? Everything is standard except for 20" rims. I appreciate any advice you could give me!!

99ParkRanger
07-27-05, 10:02 PM
In case you aren't already, try running 91 octane to see if there is a difference.

Marc Kessler
07-28-05, 01:14 PM
Did they check the fuel filter?

nickc280
07-28-05, 05:54 PM
check your tranny fluid right away if you haven't. Smell it and if it smells burnt at all or is black then your problems are def. in the tranny. If your fluid comes out usually color and doens't smell burnt then I would say your problems are somewhere else, probably :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: huh I will have to think

brentdawg50
07-29-05, 12:40 AM
Yup so its not the transmission. Took it to the shop today. They looked at it for 6 hours and couldn't find anything wrong. However, they also could not could not get the vehicle to repeat the problem. I have to take it back next week so they can try again. I hope they figure out what's wrong...any other ideas??

They did check the fuel filter and replaced it when I had the tune up done about a month ago. They also drained and replaced all fluids so everything should be fine. Just gotta figure out what's making there be no engine power.

nickc280
07-29-05, 07:59 PM
might be some gasket that is leaking when the engine hits a cetain temp. I had a problem on a different car but similiar issues. There was a gasket that was leaking oil into something causing problems but only when the engine was at a certain temp causing enough pressure who knows though just a thought