: Recall Notice 03 Escalade

Rolex
07-27-05, 07:56 PM
Got this in the mail yesterday:

Dear Cadillac Customer,

This notice is sent to you in accordance with blah blah blah

Reason for this recall: GM has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2003 model year Cadillac Escalade vehicles. On these vehicles, the seat loop in the second row center seating position may make it difficult to position the lap portion of the safety belt low around the hips of the occupant. In the event of a vehicle accident, if the lap portion of the safety belt routing is not low and snug on the hips, it may not properly restrain the occupant and could increase the risk of abdominal injury.

What will be done: Your Cadillac dealer will eliminate the guide loop by removing the safety belt from the lop and stitching the loop closed. This service will be performed for you at no charge.

My 03 has a bench seat in the rear. I figured it may be worth spreading. I'm going to schedule service....and there are a few other things I'm going to get tuned up before my factory warranty runs out. :D

blingblingcv
07-28-05, 11:08 PM
i had 2 take my 02 escalada back in 03 for a recall because kids had messed there fingers up on the back headrests