: Checked fuel cap....Question

JASP
07-27-05, 12:45 PM
While down the Jersey shore I got a "check fuel cap" in my information center. I did get gas 2 days prior and the cap was loose but the check engine light (symbol) has stayed lite now for over a day. I did do the onstar thing and it said that it may take a couple of starts to clear this out and I have done that but so far it hasn't gone out. The truck has 1200 miles on it(05) and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. The truck is running great so I'm not sure if I should call and take the truck in for service....Sami

slk230mb
07-27-05, 12:47 PM
It's going to take a few driving cycles and no errors reported before the computer turns off the check engine light.

JASP
07-27-05, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, can you tell me when I should become concerned? That is what onstar told me also but in the mean time I had to get more gas at the same gas station before I read that it could be bad gas also. So if this was bad gas I guess I will have to wait until I fill again. Sami

slk230mb
07-27-05, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, can you tell me when I should become concerned? That is what onstar told me also but in the mean time I had to get more gas at the same gas station before I read that it could be bad gas also. So if this was bad gas I guess I will have to wait until I fill again. Sami

I would say be concerned if it doesn't stop after 45-60 miles.