: Water inside Fog Light

jrs05caddyext
07-27-05, 11:19 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get the water out of one of my fog lights. This weekend I took my truck to the car wash and was concerned that water could get into my headlights since I cleared the corners myself. Well here I am now with a new problem what should I do can I get the water out or should I just replace the fog light?:hmm:

2002 Escalade EXT

Xrayqueen
07-27-05, 12:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get the water out of one of my fog lights. This weekend I took my truck to the car wash and was concerned that water could get into my headlights since I cleared the corners myself. Well here I am now with a new problem what should I do can I get the water out or should I just replace the fog light?:hmm:

2002 Escalade EXT

Hi I had the same problem on my 2000 Lade. I took it to Caddilac dealer and demanded it be fixed. The truck only had 35,000 miles on it. I ended up speaking with a Caddilac warranty guy. He agreed it needed to be fixed ASAP. If you look at some of my old posts you'll find the number and name of the guy that helped me. Take care of it soon. If you have any ???'s e-mail me.
Peace Xrayqueen :)

jrs05caddyext
07-27-05, 01:13 PM
will do thanks

rickter
07-27-05, 02:22 PM
The dealer replaced one of mine due to fog in the fog light under warranty, no question asked.

hcvone
07-27-05, 02:49 PM
If they don't replace it under warranty try E-Bay, they are cheap and esy to find. :)

jrs05caddyext
07-27-05, 03:05 PM
ill try ebay since i dont have warranty anymore. Thanks

hcvone
07-27-05, 04:22 PM
I will look whan I get home this weekend to see if I have any. :)

hilldo
07-27-05, 06:31 PM
I've got the same on one of my foggers in my 99...

Tried draining it myself but had no luck... small issue I can live with until it burns out I'll leave it alone.

liftdlegend
07-27-05, 07:24 PM
I had the same prob with my truck. Heres what I did. Remove the fog light and pull the bulb out, make sure that the housing is not cracked then Place it in a dry place with the bulb hole facing up, let it dry out for a few days then put the bulb back in. The condensation problem should be solved. Make sure that you dry it out in a dry place though and the there is no moisture in it when you replace the bulb. try that before you go out and spend money.