: Factory Alarm

99ParkRanger
07-27-05, 10:59 AM
Some of you have said that the factory alarm is great. Mine has been such a pain in the ass. I turned the sensitivity all the way down and it still goes off every few minutes, even when parked in my garage. Has anyone had the same problem? Is there a fix I don't know about. I hate taking it to the dealer for something like this and paing a lot of $ if it can be a small fix.

slk230mb
07-27-05, 12:43 PM
I didn't know you could change the sensitivity of the alarm. How are you able to do this?

brett79
07-27-05, 04:05 PM
yeah, me neither....are you sure its factory?

99ParkRanger
07-27-05, 05:01 PM
If you open the center console there is a small hole in the front. If you use a small flat head screwdriver you can adjust the sensitivity of the shock sensor. Clockwise=more sensitive. I assume that it is factory because it has the instructions in the owners manual.

hilldo
07-27-05, 07:00 PM
It is factory... I'm trying to do the opposite... need to crank mine up now that I have subs in clear view but can't find the adjustment "screw"... I think I am going to have to pull the center console apart and see if it got displaced when I was tapping the sub line.:drinker

Rolex
07-27-05, 07:38 PM
I'm assuming this function is on an Escalade, but what year model. The factory alarm hasn't been "turned on" on my Lade.....according to my service tech.

slk230mb
07-27-05, 07:45 PM
Sounds like it's a 99-00 feature. I'm pretty sure it's no in my owners manual for a 2002.

brett79
07-28-05, 10:47 AM
crazy..anyone know if this is in the 03 model?

99ParkRanger
07-28-05, 11:23 AM
It is on the 99-00 models, maybe not the newer ones. Also a lot of people push the screw too hard (because you need to use a very small slotted screwdriver) and push the shock sensor adjustment through into the center console, at whick point you have to pull the console off to get to the sensor. Thats just on the older ones though

hilldo
07-28-05, 11:41 AM
It is on the 99-00 models, maybe not the newer ones. Also a lot of people push the screw too hard (because you need to use a very small slotted screwdriver) and push the shock sensor adjustment through into the center console, at whick point you have to pull the console off to get to the sensor. Thats just on the older ones though

Sounds like what I did... or the installer at Best Buy... no biggie... the console is easy to pull out.