: Hehe..Check this out

danbuc
07-27-05, 04:34 AM
Took me 5 hours but I finally finished it. This is the new GT350 body just released by HPI using their new plstic forming "technology" I guess. I have to say that this is the most accurate body I have ever seen for an R/C car. It's realy sick what they can do now with this Lexan plastic. The decals they come with are pretty cool too (the only paint on this car is the white used on the underside). The precut them now too, so they come out perfect everytime. It's amazing what they can do now, to make these intricate part and what not.

illumina
07-27-05, 04:38 AM
Took me 5 hours but I finally finished it. This is the new GT350 body just released by HPI using their new plstic forming "technology" I guess. I have to say that this is the most accurate body I have ever seen for an R/C car. It's realy sick what they can do now with this Lexan plastic. The decals they come with are pretty cool too (the only paint on this car is the white used on the underside). The precut them now too, so they come out perfect everytime. It's amazing what they can do now, to make these intricate part and what not.

Just exactly how large will your little car be when finished? Looks like a cool project.

I knew a guy once that had a little ricer car done that ran on gasoline and it was a remote controlled car...It was about 14-16 inches long, and boy did that little thing scoot!

addison_ii
07-27-05, 04:51 AM
That body looks pretty nice. I'm getting back into the remote controlled cars now. A couple of buddies have a few that are pretty big maybe 1/6th or 1/8th or so. Their are battery powered. BTW which are the best; battery or gas powered?

danbuc
07-27-05, 05:51 AM
It's a 1/10 scale Nitro powered car. I just recen't bought a new .12 Race engine by RB Conepts that's making probably around 1.9-2.0hp (which is outrageous for that size engine by the way). The .15 I had in there before was only making roughly 1.25hp max. I'm still in the process of getting some new pieces (gas tank, non-pull start flywheel collet, air filter, piston lock tool to install flywheel,..ect) required to adapt this engine as the old one was pull start and this one is not. I've got a pic of it around here some where I think. Well, I thought I did, but I didn;t so I just took one instead. This is the car as it sits now with no body (the M3GT body I was using is all demolished, and I have drilled the body/vent/exhaust holes in the GT350 body yet), no gas tank, or air filter. The truck behind it is my gas truck that I've had for roughly 7 years now. It was the first one I ever got, and has never failed yet (except the first engine that I ran too lean and blew up...hehe). At the moment, it is missing a reciever (just bought a new one) and a battery pack, as well as a roll pin (secure the wheel to axle) on the left side.

addison_ii, it's hard to say which is the best, as they both have different attributes that the othe doesn't.

Battery powered- Pro's) Can be run indoors, easier to maintain, generally less expensive. Con's)In most cases not nearly as fast as a gas car, and once the batteries run down that's it.

Nitromethanol powererd- Pro's) Very fast (depending on power of engine of course), usually designed to withstand more punishement, and when the fuel run's low, you can always add more too keep it running. Con's) Generally more expensive, and harder to maintain. While fast, they can be extremely dangerous to an inexpersience driver (for example, once I'm done with my car, with the right gearing, it should about 80+mph at least). You can easily get burnt (and I mean that literally) if not careful.

Overall, I would say that Gas-powered is better. I have owned both, and would say that I have more fun with a gas powered car, than with an electric car.

illumina, the car istelf is about 16 or so inches long (don;t quite remember, and don't have a tape measure handy). I have actually had this car for almost 2 years now I think. This is the 2nd car powered car I have owned (not including the truck). The first one actually got run over by some tool in an F150 who was actually speeding down the street. I've also onwed 3 electric vehicles as well (one was a snowcat..hehe), as well as two electric boats. Unfortunetley, over the years the car and truck pictured below have been the only two that survived.

Oh, almsost forgot. If the wheels on the car seem too shiny to be made of plastic, it's because they aren't. They are actually machine billet aluminum rims, which really throws people off when they see them.

slk230mb
07-27-05, 10:26 AM
Sweet, now the body's are finally pre-cut. That used to be my biggest gripe about them. Guess I need to clean up my Super Nitro RS4.

illumina
07-27-05, 03:54 PM
(for example, once I'm done with my car, with the right gearing, it should about 80+mph at least).

That's just sick (but in a good way)...Those little things can outrun some real cars out there today. I wonder what the 0-60 is on those little guys?

danbuc
07-27-05, 11:18 PM
Sweet, now the body's are finally pre-cut. That used to be my biggest gripe about them. Guess I need to clean up my Super Nitro RS4.

Only the decals are precut now, the lexan bodies still require a curved-tip lexan scissor, and a reamer.

illumina, depending on the gearing used, you could probably get the 0-60 time down to about 2-3 seconds. The electric car's (those capable of such speeds) tend to reach 60noh alot faster because of the amount of torque they have. While the Nitro engine are a little slower off the line, they can reach and sustain higher speeds than electric cars.

I've already set up a drag race at this new mall parking lot here in PA when my buddy get's his car. He's a novice, so I'll try not to kick his ass too badly...hehe. I'm gonna try and take some video when we go, so that those of you not familiar with these little monsters can see just what they are capable of... :sneaky: :burn:

JC316
07-28-05, 12:28 AM
So, you have a mini car that wieghs less than twenty pounds and has a motor that could power a weed whacker? One word. COOL!!!!!!!