: pictures of Q45

elwesso
02-22-03, 02:51 PM
Actually, i have pics to my Q45 and my BRAND NEW SUBURBAN!!!

Go Here (http://elwesso.home.insightbb.com/cars_caddy.htm)

Take a moment to look over those, and tell me what you think!!!

Katshot
02-22-03, 03:09 PM
Nice fleet Wes.

elwesso
02-22-03, 03:11 PM
So what do you think of the Q? Its not as nice as all my other ones, but its a great daily!

Katshot
02-22-03, 03:31 PM
It's nice Wes. That's one of those SERIOUSLY under-estimated cars out on the road huh? They go real good. Make a great sleeper.

Elvis
02-22-03, 04:36 PM
You have a Springer Spaniel. Best dog in the world.

My Springer is named Gracie and she's almost 14 years old.

I'm a lot prouder of my dogs than I am my cars.

elwesso
02-22-03, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the input. It does really have a lot of power, but I have yet to be able to do a burnout (i think it is too heavy)

Really. My dogs name is Ripp, and he is about 7. He is the best dog in the world, and the first one to ride in the back of the Q. These dogs are really smart compared to other dogs, IMO.

Hey ive got a couple questions for yall

1. My car did not come with RKE remote. Is there such a thing of buying a universal one and programming it to my car, or will i have to go to infiniti to get a new one.

2. The power antenna is stuck, and ideas?? I managed to pull it out, but it wont go back down. I dont want to force it because it would damage the motor.

3. The octane rating in the owners manual says 91, would 89 be acceptable??

4. I need to get the seat repaired, is there a DO IT YOURSELF kit to fix it, I dont really want to pay to have the entire seat recovered when there is just a little rip.

Elvis
02-23-03, 12:15 AM
Ripp is COOL! I have 4 dogs--Gracie (springer age 14), Ben & Byron (mixtures, both age 2) and Cotton, my yellow lab puppy (six months) who was unfortunately run over by a truck two weeks ago. She's been in the hospital specialty clinic ever since. They were able to repair her back and the massive hernia, and now we're just waiting for a minor infection to go away and the swelling to go down. She truly is a miracle of modern veterinary medicine. Unfortunately, Invisible Fence doesn't work on every dog.

There are universal kits for RKE, but they're usually associated with alarm systems and remote-starters. Kinda pricey. I'm wondering if you could find a unit on ebay?

Could you have damaged the motor when you pulled it out? I think there's a cable or something that might have come detached at the motor. You might have to remove the unit to figure out what's wrong. I have a can of spray-on lithium grease that does wonders for everything it's touched. You might want to go get some and go over the whole car.

89 is probably o.k. but they run SO much smoother on 91 or 93, it's worth it.

It looked to me in the picture like the rip is in the stitches. If that's the case, you might want to try removing the seat cover and working on it from the inside. Of course, you'll need some upholstery tools to get the cover back on the seat nice and tight, I think J.C. Whitney sells them.

Try this site for good leather products:

http://www.leatherique.com/

Good luck, it's a beautiful car.

elwesso
02-23-03, 12:28 AM
Thanks.
I will probably just forget about the antenna, it isnt imperitive that it goes up and down right, its at about half and ill leave it. I got good reception even when it was all the way down. If i get a service manual, Ill take out the entire assy. and fix it. The reason I dont think it is the motor is because you can screw off the antenna, and you cant collapse it. It is at about half, and it wont go down any more. It is snowy outside, so maybe ill do it tomorrow.

I think the rip is in the stitches, but it seems that it may be a little too hard, especailly if i have to go buy new tools, and only use them once. Some other parts of the seat needs touched up, and i would just let an upholstry shop do that.

I cant wait until snow melts so i can get a good coat of wax on it, and maybe some tint and some new rims.

I know that my car has RKE because there is a sticker that says "anti theft" or something like that.

JerseyGirl
02-23-03, 01:26 PM
I like the color on the infinity..what is it? It's a really nice looking car! :)

elwesso
02-23-03, 01:49 PM
Its burgundy i guess. I would say a "really dark cherry" would be my analysis. I am looking for some rims and some tint, any suggestions?

Dead Sled
02-23-03, 08:51 PM
nice rides

elwesso
02-23-03, 09:48 PM
Thanks. Unfortunately I havent been able to enjoy the fleetwood yet this year. It has either been too snowy or just not the right weather.

87CoupeDeVille
02-23-03, 10:19 PM
Is it my imagination, or is the engine in your Q transverse? I know its RWD, but it seems really odd for an RWD car
Kurt

elwesso
02-23-03, 10:46 PM
No, it is in right :D. I know, the TB looks like a FWD car, but the belts are on the front (behind the grille) and the block points backwards. I never figured that one out, but oh well, its the japs for gods sake.