: Corsa installed !!!!!

REDLINE_V
07-26-05, 08:49 PM
:thumbsup: Had my Corsa exhaust installed along with a Lingenfelter CAI today.
Love the sound with not much noticeable HP a little but not much.
Extremely happy as sound is noticeably different but not obnoxious.
Turned some heads !!!! GIDDY UP.

Also dealer did mention about the Flash recall and I told them to stay the " f "
away from it and they did. Clunking noise that I had them check was normal
as they said it was from the drivetrain (as we know ) and as of NOW no recall on a cure for the clunking noise not yet anyway ...oh well I figured I would try.

Redline it ...is the only way to go along with money for gas.

moldowan
07-26-05, 09:11 PM
rick said my pcm had no changes, my power loss was prob. due to fuel trims being reset after the flash (according to him) anywho, i felt it. guess i'm "real in-tune" with my V :D .

sorry if i cause a near meltdown panic!!!
-moldy

trukk
07-26-05, 09:17 PM
I love my Corsa too.

The only downside, is that less people want to 'play', and it's hard to catch people off guard now. It is funny as hell though, watching people crane thier neck around at a stop light looking for the 'muscle' car that they hear. When they finally realize it's you, their expression is usually good for a laugh.

-Chris

Lanman
07-26-05, 09:37 PM
Clunking noise that I had them check was normal
as they said it was from the drivetrain (as we know ) and as of NOW no recall on a cure for the clunking noise not yet anyway ...oh well I figured I would try.

When I took my V in for the airbag sensor recall I told them dealer that the backlash was getting louder under normal driving conditions and that every now and then it actually sounded like metal hitting metal. I asked them if they could check it out and make sure none of the suspension pieces were coming loose because I had read online that they sometimes get lose and cause the clunking noise. They ended up replacing the bushing (PN 89058605), an axle shaft oil seal (PN 88996591) and a tie rod end / adjustor sleeve (PN 89047823). The backlash clunk is now 90% gone. It's actually better than the day I got the car.

vfan2
07-27-05, 01:23 PM
I just purchased the Corsa system--do I have to have it installed by a Cad dealer to not have any warranty issues? Or can I take it to an exhaust shop?

51PHFTY
07-27-05, 01:44 PM
I just purchased the Corsa system--do I have to have it installed by a Cad dealer to not have any warranty issues? Or can I take it to an exhaust shop?

If you have access to a lift - it is really easy to do your self (you might want to have a friend help hold the stock system up until you get it all unbolted.

To try and void the warranty, I think GM would have to prove that the aftermarket part had something to do with the part(s) that failed. In any event, I would think that since the Corsa is a "GM approved" part, anyone can install it.

Marty

dvandentop
07-27-05, 05:40 PM
does ti have the motorboat sound like the c5 systems???

Geno
07-27-05, 09:02 PM
:thumbsup: Had my Corsa exhaust installed along with a Lingenfelter CAI today.
Love the sound with not much noticeable HP a little but not much.
Extremely happy as sound is noticeably different but not obnoxious.

So what's wrong with obnoxious.:nono:

shanseverijn
07-28-05, 03:18 AM
corsa was to watered down for me I scrapped it and went with something more hardcore.

curious about this driveshaft issue though because I notice it on mine. when I press the clutch pedal all the way in

heavymetals
07-28-05, 03:22 AM
You can install it yourself, but it is easier if you have help.:banghead:

Make sure you retighten everything after a few hundred miles, no matter who installs it.

Zeppelin
07-28-05, 05:44 AM
corsa was to watered down for me I scrapped it and went with something more hardcore.

curious about this driveshaft issue though because I notice it on mine. when I press the clutch pedal all the way in

What did you end up going with?

Vlightful
07-28-05, 09:24 AM
I also just had the Corsa installed!!!!! Love the sound. Starting it up in the garage each morning with the windows down is better than the 1st cup of coffee. :p I had the dealer install mine-they did the reflash at the same time and I am glad to hear that Rick determined no power changes were being made. Car runs as sounds great.:D