: Footage from inside the Cadillac this past weekend at Fedex Field.

Dado DTM
07-26-05, 08:36 PM
Plus a burnout at the end. Enjoy.

http://www.dtmpowerracing.com/mooremotorsports/dadoctsvdriftshowoffjuly232005.mpg

http://www.wheresmarks.com/ctsv/driftoff/DSC_3452.jpg

CaddyGeek
07-26-05, 08:52 PM
like whoa...

Dado, how's the rear end holding up? Any leaks?

Dado DTM
07-26-05, 08:55 PM
rear end is great but we do have some parts reinforced that were installed at Moore Cadillac.

homer403
07-26-05, 10:04 PM
:devil: That is OUTSTANDING!

HDMLNIUM
07-26-05, 10:30 PM
Another great video with some very impressive driving.. Keep the videos and pictures coming, they kick A$$!!!!

Bill

DILLIGAF
07-26-05, 10:33 PM
Parts reinforced?Please share.Sweet vid.3 on the desktop,keep em coming, awesome driving.

trukk
07-26-05, 10:43 PM
rear end is great but we do have some parts reinforced that were installed at Moore Cadillac.

DETAILS!

Is this boltons (i.e. BMR, Kars, etc.) or something custom?

The PAYING consumer wants to know :D

-Chris

CVP33
07-26-05, 11:17 PM
***speechless***

Drift-caddy
07-26-05, 11:22 PM
DETAILS!

Is this boltons (i.e. BMR, Kars, etc.) or something custom?

The PAYING consumer wants to know :D

-Chris

in due time, after a few races and some T&T we are going to take the week off and tear down the diffy and inspect it. we have done some mods to the rear and need to finsih checking to make sure all is well. so far so good. all this driving and not a single whine, bang, clunck. only thing that has failed is the clutch, but the new updated clutch has fixed that.

ace996
07-27-05, 12:04 AM
The picture in the first post is textbook "caster". I'm not a drifter, but I am very impressed. Dado, perhaps you are tempted to autox??? We could sure use some more talented drivers campaigning the V...

DILLIGAF
07-27-05, 12:15 AM
***speechless***:crying: But for how long?

calicadi
07-27-05, 02:02 AM
OK I give. What exhaust system is that? Sounds sweeeeeet! Also, can you post some stills so we can get a better view of the graphics?

Thanks in advance!

calicadi
07-27-05, 02:05 AM
The picture in the first post is textbook "caster". I'm not a drifter, but I am very impressed. Dado, perhaps you are tempted to autox??? We could sure use some more talented drivers campaigning the V...

ace996.. are you campaigning yours? If yes, what region are you in?

Drift-caddy
07-27-05, 09:19 AM
OK I give. What exhaust system is that? Sounds sweeeeeet! Also, can you post some stills so we can get a better view of the graphics?

Thanks in advance!

Well the exhaust system is a custom exhaust system for this V. not a street legal kit, LT headers and custom exhaust made by Cash Alderman at Shop Class Service and fabrication; they also made our seat frames for our racing seats. Here is a link to some still pics; if you do a search you will see more pics for other events.

http://www.wheresmarks.com/ctsv/driftoff/

thanks
Damian

DamianHarney@moorecadillac.com

calicadi
07-28-05, 01:45 AM
Excellent. Thanks so much for posting those!

Ed @Lingenfelter
07-29-05, 11:02 AM
Awesome video Dado! very cool stuff! I can't wait to see that thing in person.

Ed

Drift-caddy
07-29-05, 04:58 PM
Ed, when are you coming out. Our next event is August 6th at Beaverrun Pa.
(Ashley) might be there:histeric: . Ed thanks for your help and cant wait to try our new setup. We have a busy week coming up. We have 2 ctsv to install S/C and tune and one with a new rear end to get 3.90s. :thumbsup: Thanks for all your help and have fun. Hope to see you soon with our new cam.

Thanks
Damian

Damianharney@moorecadillac.com

ace996
07-29-05, 11:11 PM
Calicadi,
I'm not running SCCA this year(NYRegion/LongIsland(CSP champ 02+03))...only 4 events and waaay to crowded (as a result of us losing days to the GoCart club). I am racing/instructing in F class at the BMWCCA autox...finishing about midpack. There are no classing/mod restrictions....only under 2.5liter is E class, and onver 2.5liter (Fclass)classing. The r-comp guys with Vettes and STis/Evos are spanking me...but with street tires, I beat back most of 'em.

If I could fit 275s all around, with r-compounds and a much stiffer front bar...it'd be attemptable...but with classing of the SCCA, I have to wait for changes.

Dado,
The V looks incredible...and those Penskis may as well just call my wife's divorce attorney now and save me some time. But please...please...pray tell how they work out???

Ve good,
ace996

Drift-caddy
07-30-05, 11:02 AM
Calicadi,
I'm not running SCCA this year(NYRegion/LongIsland(CSP champ 02+03))...only 4 events and waaay to crowded (as a result of us losing days to the GoCart club). I am racing/instructing in F class at the BMWCCA autox...finishing about midpack. There are no classing/mod restrictions....only under 2.5liter is E class, and onver 2.5liter (Fclass)classing. The r-comp guys with Vettes and STis/Evos are spanking me...but with street tires, I beat back most of 'em.

If I could fit 275s all around, with r-compounds and a much stiffer front bar...it'd be attemptable...but with classing of the SCCA, I have to wait for changes.

Dado,
The V looks incredible...and those Penskis may as well just call my wife's divorce attorney now and save me some time. But please...please...pray tell how they work out???

Ve good,
ace996

well we are working with Penskis and doing some T&T in the next few weeks to see how we like this new setup. Trying to make a direct bolton setup. as soon as it is done we will let you know. if you need any help in the mean time please let us know

thanks
Damian
Damianharney@moorecadillac.com

calicadi
07-30-05, 04:15 PM
Calicadi,

Dado,

Ve good,
ace996

Ace, Only four events!! Wow, we're running a total of fourteen, not counting the winter slush series. Average number of entries is 215. I'm running second place in the AS Novice class behind an STi. No hope of catching him unless he's a no show. But it's all good training. Any tips?

ace996
07-30-05, 06:46 PM
Thanks, Dado, we await your input.
Cali, new thread started.

evil 8
07-31-05, 08:10 PM
Great vid, Dado!! Fedor says he can whip your butt anyday with that little nissan. Let me know if you need tires.

Drift-caddy
08-01-05, 08:32 AM
Just follow the lights my friend.:histeric: :histeric:

Dado DTM
08-01-05, 08:33 AM
We will be at www.beaverun.com (http://www.beaverun.com/) this weekend. Tell him to come and get some ;)

http://www.dtmpowerracing.com/mooremotorsports/fedexdrift3.jpg

Dado DTM
08-03-05, 09:30 AM
you got 3 more days ;)

evil 8
08-03-05, 10:54 AM
Go big V, Don't misconstrue my post. I am a V guy, I just met fedor at a drift competition a KilKare speedway. He's buds with some of the local guys I know. Right when he saw my V he started talkin about yours. I had already seen the vids of yours.
Question: How does the stability control affect your drifting? Did you completely disable it?
GL at beaverrun. Fedor absolutely destroyed the guys over here. Said he's going to BR.

Drift-caddy
08-03-05, 11:25 AM
Hey evil8, just having some fun here thats all. Cannot wait to see everyone out there this weekend. What does your friend have fedor?? any pics of his car or vids??? When are you cooming out? and tell Fedor to try and drift with no ebrake. see how he does then. lol.

To answer your question we have completely disable traction/stability control. Its all driver and car.

evil 8
08-03-05, 02:34 PM
Fedor runs a 240 nissan, kind of an orange/copper metallic. Did you try to drift the V without completely disabling traction control? Now I haven't drifted my car at a track, but sliding around the hills in my area, the stability control comes up on the display, to me it seems imperceptable if it is acting on the car. Big question: Can i drift my V without entirely eliminating trac/stab control; traction off or competitive mode? If not, how involved is it to completely disable? Thanks

Dado DTM
08-03-05, 04:26 PM
everything is turned off in the V. Even the ABS is deactivated. You can still drift it by pressing the traction button down and then holding it. We unplugged the rear sensors and that dissables everything.

evil 8
08-04-05, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the info. When you unplug the rear sensor does it set a code?

Drift-caddy
08-04-05, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info. When you unplug the rear sensor does it set a code?

:histeric: :histeric: YES, along with the air bag light, traction control, and every other light on, execpt check egine.

evil 8
08-04-05, 01:39 PM
that sounds like something i need to do then.