: Used Maggie?

MSMITH
07-26-05, 03:45 PM
Thinking of going N/A with my V after all. Maggie's been on for around 1k miles, anyone with interest msmith3803@hotmail.com.

DgtalPimp
07-26-05, 04:21 PM
Sent

trukk
07-26-05, 04:57 PM
With the right ammount of homework and assurances this deal may be worthwhile, however there is a fairly large potential downside to this. To me the potential savings probabaly wouldn't be worth it.

A few observations:

1) little info given about the part, and circumstances for selling it.
2) Poster has 12 posts.
3) No offer of product documentation or history.

If this was purchased and installed by a quality vendor, I wonder if they, or perhaps MC, would consider offering a warranty on it, if it was installed again by the intial vendor, or by a similar respected vendor? It would probabaly take at least this for my piece of mind.

If anyone does go for this, i'd set up an escrow, or pick it up in person. I'd also double check the history on this unit (with the installer, and Magnason), and request a bunch of stuff in writing.

I have visions of a nice LS6 ingesting a pretty polished maggie. :bighead:

Not trying to stir things up, just my $.02. Also I'm a glass half empty guy by nature. Hopefully the original poster will give some more details.

Thanks,

Chris

DgtalPimp
07-26-05, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the helpful look and offer Trukk. I did notice the user has not posted much but at the same time the join date is in Dec 04. I sent an email with much more questions and need to "see", the product as well as who did the install, what shape is it in, why are you selling, etc. Thanks again for the helpful view.

trukk
07-26-05, 05:19 PM
Heh,

I know that you know that I know that you know :hmm:

My impression of you from your posts here is that you know your stuff. My post was more for anyone who may not have fully thought out the purchase of a used aftermarket part, such as this. I hope that wasn't the impression I gave, and I also hope my post didn't come off preachy.

Before I read a bunch of horror storries about used aftermarket parts over on ls1tech.com, I probabaly wouldn't have given it too much thought, as this is the first hi-po car i've owned. [Then again, I'm a pessimist by nature, and shelling out a few grand for a used part would tend to exacerbate this condition.]

Lastly I was not trying to 'torpedo' msmith's offer, rather giving food for thought.

-Chris

DgtalPimp
07-26-05, 05:23 PM
Great point Trukk on the used aftermarket parts.

Oh and BTW, I know nothing. You will have to do the Shultz (Hogann's Hero's) voice.

heavymetals
07-26-05, 05:36 PM
Before I bought it I would ship it to Magnusson for inspection.

My $0.02

trukk
07-26-05, 05:41 PM
Oh and BTW, I know nothing.

:rolleyes: Sure, sure.

Looks like msmith, sold a used Corsa a while back. I appeared that it went to kimcheejeegae, perhaps Jin can chime in with his experience. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43117

An another post msmith indicated that he was a Manager at a Caddy Dealership in Jacskon, MS. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=244045&postcount=7

Good luck,

Chris

MSMITH
07-26-05, 05:57 PM
How about since everyone wants to be a wiseass just disregard the post. I'm sure someone we've sold a V to here would love to save a couple grand.

DgtalPimp
07-26-05, 06:20 PM
I don't think anyone here was being a "wiseass". We commented that you ha a few posts, and then stated that it was not a remark against you. I asked in my email for some information and would like just that, information on the maggie (who installed it, what is included in the sale, what condition the parts are in, reason for sale, etc). I asked this because I am interested in buying it.

kimcheejeegae
07-26-05, 06:22 PM
:rolleyes: Sure, sure.

Looks like msmith, sold a used Corsa a while back. I appeared that it went to kimcheejeegae, perhaps Jin can chime in with his experience. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43117

An another post msmith indicated that he was a Manager at a Caddy Dealership in Jacskon, MS. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=244045&postcount=7

Good luck,

Chris

Hey.. yeah I did buy his corsa... our transaction went smoothly... exhaust came with all parts... shipping took a while.. but i looked at the shipping label and it was sent via slow mail. Nonetheless... I got the exhaust in the condition he explained it to be.

He is the finance manager of Clements Cadillac in Mississippi or Missouri... one of them states down there.

heavymetals
07-26-05, 06:48 PM
Sure has a funny disposition.

Guess that's why he is in finance and not sales!

2004ctsv
07-26-05, 07:57 PM

Guess that's why he is in finance and not sales!:histeric:

trukk
07-26-05, 08:16 PM
How about since everyone wants to be a wiseass just disregard the post. I'm sure someone we've sold a V to here would love to save a couple grand.

I assume that this is directed at me, and while wiseass is very consistent with my nature, I wasn't trying to be that way in my posts to this thread.

Reverse the situation, and put yourself in the shoes of an Internet buyer. Would you not be cautious in making a transaction like this?

Like I said, best case scenario here is someone gets a great deal on a great product.

Worst casese are someone gets ripped off in a transaction, or the part is defective, and does some serious damange to their engine.

When I initially posted, I had no reason to think that you had bad intentions, and I still haven;t seen any (although your response was a bit testy.) After my second post, I think you now have a lot more going for you, as you have a track record with a known forum member (who since related a positive experience), and that you work for a known Cadillac dealership, and thus probabaly wouldn't want to knowingly sell the part in bad faith, as it would put your employer in a bad light, on the largest Caddy Forum.

Anyway, I hope you don't decide to take your ball and go home. This a great forum, with a good bunch of guys (and gals), nearly all of whom don't post to 'just be a jerk' [or a wise ass ;) ].

Thanks,

Chris

MSMITH
07-26-05, 09:13 PM

Guess that's why he is in finance and not sales!

Not normally my disposition, just stress, sorry if I came across like an *******.

Also missing my V as she's been in Baton Rouge over a week now, gonna be well worth it after it's all over though.

DgtalPimp
07-26-05, 09:18 PM
I would like the information requested as I am interested in your reason for posting.

JOEYCTS-V
07-27-05, 02:32 AM
Just make sure he doesn't tell you it's yours, ignores your emails, and then sells it behind your back like he did to me.

heavymetals
07-27-05, 03:11 AM
Just make sure he doesn't tell you it's yours, ignores your emails, and then sells it behind your back like he did to me.

Is that also part of his "funny disposition"?:Poke: :histeric:

DgtalPimp
07-27-05, 12:55 PM
Another email sent to you msmith about the Maggie.

I can't seem to get Rod Steward out of my head "Wake up Maggie, I think I got something to say to you......"

BeelzeBob
07-27-05, 06:30 PM
Thread closed as requested my MSmith.