: Epson CX4600 Owners?? Question 4 U!!!

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:01 AM
I have a question for anyone using this model of printer/scanner/copy machine. The instructions are terrible for this model.

Please let me know if anyone else uses one.......it is a reasonably new model, less than a year old......

thank you.

illumina
07-26-05, 02:05 AM
I have a question for anyone using this type of printer/scanner/copy machine.

Please let me know if anyone else uses one.......it is a reasonably new model, less than a year old......

thank you.

Sorry Ralph, I think that you're the only one using this thing. I use an HP something-or-other printer/scanner/copier sort of thing :D

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:07 AM
Sorry Ralph, I think that you're the only one using this thing. I use an HP something-or-other printer/scanner/copier sort of thing :D

My parents have the HP machine you do and I don't like the paper feed, it jams all the time and the menu for doing pics is very complicated..compared to the Epson.

:farting: :hide:

ben72227
07-26-05, 02:07 AM
Epson?Epson?

Ralph, if you had gotten an HP you wouldn't have to be asking questions. Everybody knows that when it comes to printers, HP is well...GOD. I mean, they did pretty much invent the printer as we know it. I suppose Lexmark and Cannon did some things too....but Epson? They suck.:annoyed:

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:10 AM
but Epson? They suck.:annoyed:

Now you tell me!!! :(

It's a good machine, but the instructions are so lacking, I can do everything on this machine but I want to chop and alter photos. I can chop, copy but when I want to put a "face" on a new pic I can't make it "stick" and it jumps to the center of the pic!! It's driving me :cookoo:

I just need to know how you paste the alteration and make it stay....

Kev
07-26-05, 02:11 AM
Now you tell me!!! :(

It's a good machine, but the instructions are so lacking, I can do everything on this machine but I want to chop and alter photos. I can chop, copy but when I want to put a "face" on a new pic I can't make it "stick" and it jumps to the center of the pic!! It's driving me :cookoo:

I just need to know how you paste the alteration and make it stay....I'm tellin you buddy, learn to cut and paste in MS Paint. It's a simple program that works and it's free with Win XP!

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:14 AM
I'm tellin you buddy, learn to cut and paste in MS Paint. It's a simple program that works and it's free with Win XP!

MS PAINT??? I have Win. XP HOME, but I don't recall that program.....

What's a shortcut to find out if I have it or not.....

Kev
07-26-05, 02:16 AM
MS PAINT??? I have Win. XP HOME, but I don't recall that program.....

What's a shortcut to find out if I have it or not.....Click on Start, go to All Programs, then to Accessories and you should see Paint. Give 'er a go.

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:21 AM
Click on Start, go to All Programs, then to Accessories and you should see Paint. Give 'er a go.

OMG, right you are, but it's just called "Paint." It looks a lot like the old version of Photoshoppe I had. I was able to quickly alter this pic of Vicky, but I still would like to be able to use the Epson for that, as I am so close!!!

I'll have to play around with it for a while to get the jist of it. Might take a couple of days before I can exact my revenge for the Roaming Ralph thread. :sneaky:

Kev
07-26-05, 02:27 AM
OMG, right you are, but it's just called "Paint." It looks a lot like the old version of Photoshoppe I had. I was able to quickly alter this pic of Vicky, but I still would like to be able to use the Epson for that, as I am so close!!!

I'll have to play around with it for a while to get the jist of it.See Ralph? Ya gotta start listening to what I'm tellin ya! Have I ever steered you wrong? First it was that boss camera site, then the girlie watching thing, now picture editing. I'm doin' you solids here!

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:29 AM
See Ralph? Ya gotta start listening to what I'm tellin ya! Have I ever steered you wrong? First it was that boss camera site, then the girlie watching thing, now picture editing. I'm doin' you solids here!

Whoa....

'preciate the solids Bro! :yup: :thumbsup:

I'll give 'er a go.

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:31 AM
the girlie watching thing

:confused: :hmm:

illumina
07-26-05, 02:32 AM
My problem with Adobe is that I cannot seem to trace Ralph's head, copy it, and then paste it onto another picture...I hate Adobe!

Kev
07-26-05, 02:35 AM
My problem with Adobe is that I cannot seem to trace Ralph's head, copy it, and then paste it onto another picture...I hate Adobe!That's easy to do in Paint.

Kev
07-26-05, 02:39 AM
:confused: :hmm:Oh must I remind you?...

Kevo, I now see what you mean about the good looking girls in your fine state! I take everything back! :thumbsup:
From last night in the Pictures thread? ;)

illumina
07-26-05, 02:40 AM
That's easy to do in Paint.

I'm doing it right now, but I keep getting a white background behind his head! :hmm:

Kev
07-26-05, 02:45 AM
I'm doing it right now, but I keep getting a white background behind his head! :hmm:Use the star tool to trace around the part of the picture you want to copy (blue arrow).
Make sure you check this box (red arrow) when you paste in.

illumina
07-26-05, 02:55 AM
Use the star tool to trace around the part of the picture you want to copy (blue arrow).
Make sure you check this box (red arrow) when you paste in.

I think I get the picture now...How's this?

Kev
07-26-05, 03:05 AM
I think I get the picture now...How's this?Much better. You're getting the hang of it.

illumina
07-26-05, 03:13 AM
Much better. You're getting the hang of it.

That photo was after Ralph was apprehended by the mind police for saying unsavory things about someone or something.

I'll see if I can dig up a picture from after the 'transformation' Ralph underwent to clear his mind of offensive thoughts...

Kev
07-26-05, 03:16 AM
That photo was after Ralph was apprehended by the mind police for saying unsavory things about someone or something.

I'll see if I can dig up a picture from after the 'transformation' Ralph underwent to clear his mind of offensive thoughts...Ooh, sounds interesting.... :sneaky:

Playdrv4me
07-26-05, 10:08 AM
I use paint for quick stuff but the problem with paint is it defaults to a terrible quality of JPG dithering. I downloaded a copy of Adobe PS6 or 7 along time ago and its the only thing I use for my avatars and stuff now. Its just plain better.

Also, as far as Epson printers go, Epson is owned by the same company who owns Seiko, and their printers are of equal quality. They are not terribly easy to use, but they will outlast most other printers and for pre/press applications, there are some Epsons that have absolutely unbeatable image quality.

Ralph
07-26-05, 03:36 PM
I use paint for quick stuff but the problem with paint is it defaults to a terrible quality of JPG dithering. I downloaded a copy of Adobe PS6 or 7 along time ago and its the only thing I use for my avatars and stuff now. Its just plain better.

Also, as far as Epson printers go, Epson is owned by the same company who owns Seiko, and their printers are of equal quality. They are not terribly easy to use, but they will outlast most other printers and for pre/press applications, there are some Epsons that have absolutely unbeatable image quality.

Interesting!

Ralph
07-26-05, 03:38 PM
I think I get the picture now...How's this?
Thanks!!! :cookoo:

I look like Jeffrey Dalmer! :tisk:

I'll work on this tonite hopefully, but my patience is wearing thin...so we'll see........ :suspense:

Ralph
07-26-05, 03:51 PM
Kev, or ? do you have that pic of Mike in the military?? I need something to practice on... :shhh: :sneaky:

Majax had it one time and posted it.....

Kev
07-26-05, 03:55 PM
Kev, or ? do you have that pic of Mike in the military?? I need something to practice on... :shhh: :sneaky:

Majax had it one time and posted it.....Nope, sorry guy. By the way, which Mike? Illumina Mike? or Stoney Mike?

THERE ARE TOO MANY MIKES!!! AHHAAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa....! MAKE IT STOP!! :basketcas PLEASE! SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP!!! :banghead:

illumina
07-26-05, 03:57 PM

Majax had it one time and posted it.....

I got rid if that one a loooong time ago...

Ralph
07-26-05, 03:58 PM
Nope, sorry guy. By the way, which Mike? Illumina Mike? or Stoney Mike?

THERE ARE TOO MANY MIKES!!! AHHAAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa....! MAKE IT STOP!! :basketcas PLEASE! SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP!!! :banghead:

LOL, Illumina. Majax will have it still. I've got Boomers, of course and I've got plans for that one. :sneaky: Lets hope it goes smoothly....

Hey, where's Stoney been lately?? :(

illumina
07-26-05, 04:02 PM
LOL, Illumina. Majax will have it still. I've got Boomers, of course and I've got plans for that one. :sneaky: Lets hope it goes smoothly....

Hey, where's Stoney been lately?? :(

Who's Boomer?

Ralph
07-26-05, 04:04 PM
Who's Boomer?

Tom and Julie Boombotz. :cool:

I have Majax hunting for that pic Mike, better hope he doesn't find it. :devil:

And you better not have deleted it! :rant2:

illumina
07-26-05, 04:10 PM
Tom and Julie Boombotz. :cool:

I have Majax hunting for that pic Mike, better hope he doesn't find it. :devil:

And you better not have deleted it! :rant2:

Completely deleted it a long time ago to make room for others...But I have nothing it hide whatsoever...

Ralph
07-26-05, 04:19 PM
OMG, this is crude!!!! :helpless:

We now know the REAL reason Mike is no longer in the Special Forces......too darn pretty!!!! :p

Ralph
07-26-05, 04:20 PM
Is there an easy way to make the head smaller???? Or larger??????? when it's about to be saved or pasted??

illumina
07-26-05, 04:27 PM
OMG, this is crude!!!! :helpless:

We now know the REAL reason Mike is no longer in the Special Forces......too darn pretty!!!! :p

:histeric: This is good...

To make the image smaller or larger, copy it onto a blank page created in paint. Then tweak it as you wish.

I'll be back for this later...

Ralph
07-26-05, 04:30 PM
Still need to adjust head size!!!!!!

HOW do you get a BLANK PAGE in MS Paint???!!!!

Kev
07-26-05, 04:50 PM

Majax had it one time and posted it.....Hey Ralph, I think I found a couple. Are these what you were looking for?

http://s7.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_10116/T0_10116_490388.JPG

http://s7.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_10116/T0_10116_490391.JPG

Kev
07-26-05, 04:51 PM
Hey Sal, I think you need to hit the gym a little harder buddy, Mike here is givin you a bit of competition! :)

Kev
07-26-05, 04:55 PM
:histeric: This is good...

To make the image smaller or larger, copy it onto a blank page created in paint. Then tweak it as you wish.

I'll be back for this later...When you first paste a pic onto another pic you will notice a dashed rectangle around it. At this point you have the oportunity to move or resize the paste. If you click your mouse inside the rectangle you can move it. If you move the mouse to the border of the rectangle you will see corner, top, bott., and side ports or ticks. Move the mouse until it changes to arrows and then you can manipulate the size.

MS Paint 101

Ralph
07-26-05, 08:48 PM
When you first paste a pic onto another pic you will notice a dashed rectangle around it. At this point you have the oportunity to move or resize the paste. If you click your mouse inside the rectangle you can move it. If you move the mouse to the border of the rectangle you will see corner, top, bott., and side ports or ticks. Move the mouse until it changes to arrows and then you can manipulate the size.

MS Paint 101

Thanks, I WILL try that later tonite. If it works I have a suprise for Lila who said we should all be able to do this type of thing. :lildevil: :shhh:

Ralph
07-26-05, 09:03 PM
Hey Ralph, I think I found a couple. Are these what you were looking for?

http://s7.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_10116/T0_10116_490388.JPG

http://s7.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_10116/T0_10116_490391.JPG

What, did you chop and put in a different mouth in the second pic??????

Boombotz
07-26-05, 10:22 PM
OMG Ralph... I expected more of you then to try and get lessons on how to do this online:tisk: . Just so we have a little compition and to give you half a chance I will send you to a trial download of the program I have. It is called photoimpression. There are other programs on there that will basically do the work for you though. Choose wisely before you download. It is only a 1 shot deal on the trial. With the photoimpression you can do cloning which makes it really easy to transfer the face basically it's just coloring the face onto someone elses body. This program gives a lot of flexability. With the other ones you can take any face and put it on stuff that they already have available. Wow, I can't believe I am going to hand you this program without making you work, but playing by ourselves is no fun either. Well, it is a little:sneaky: . Just remember what ever you come up with against me and the hubby will be paid back twice as hard because your trial will end. I own it, mine isn't going anywhere. Good Luck and GAME ON:nyanya: !!!! http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downloads/download_trial.asp

illumina
07-26-05, 10:31 PM
OMG Ralph... I expected more of you then to try and get lessons on how to do this online:tisk: . Just so we have a little compition and to give you half a chance I will send you to a trial download of the program I have. It is called photoimpression. There are other programs on there that will basically do the work for you though. Choose wisely before you download. It is only a 1 shot deal on the trial. With the photoimpression you can do cloning which makes it really easy to transfer the face basically it's just coloring the face onto someone elses body. This program gives a lot of flexability. With the other ones you can take any face and put it on stuff that they already have available. Wow, I can't believe I am going to hand you this program without making you work, but playing by ourselves is no fun either. Well, it is a little:sneaky: . Just remember what ever you come up with against me and the hubby will be paid back twice as hard because your trial will end. I own it, mine isn't going anywhere. Good Luck and GAME ON:nyanya: !!!! http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downloads/download_trial.asp

That's it! Give the Canuck some more toys to massacre more fine photos :p

Just kidding Ralph...You're getting the hang of this photochopping thing quite well :thumbsup:

Ralph
07-27-05, 12:33 AM

Thems fightin' words.

Ahhh, no. I don't want to download that. (I've heard of photoimpression, and I think I confused it with Photoshoppe) I'm going to have enough trouble learning all I can do with MS Paint and I'm just starting to get the hang of it. All I really need to figure out now is downsizing heads, etc, and I'm set for revenge! :lildevil:

Thanks anyway.

Ralph
07-27-05, 12:49 AM
When you first paste a pic onto another pic you will notice a dashed rectangle around it. At this point you have the oportunity to move or resize the paste. If you click your mouse inside the rectangle you can move it. If you move the mouse to the border of the rectangle you will see corner, top, bott., and side ports or ticks. Move the mouse until it changes to arrows and then you can manipulate the size.

MS Paint 101

I CANNOT resize the incert on the new pic!!! It's no problem to move it around and put it where you want, and I see the little arrow cross you are talking about for resizing, but right when you see that, WHAT DO I CLICK or DO TO RESIZE the new incert, like a head??!!

Kev
07-27-05, 12:52 AM
I CANNOT resize the incert on the new pic!!! It's no problem to move it around and put it where you want, and I see the little arrow cross you are talking about for resizing, but right when you see that, WHAT DO I CLICK or DO TO RESIZE??!!Gimme a sec to prepare an online visual aid......

Kev
07-27-05, 01:04 AM
On the example below I have pasted a pic on a pic, on the lower right corner (circle in red) I have hovered my mouse on the corner until it changes to the double arrow. If I left click on it I can move the outline by that corner and resize the picture. You can move it up or down and distort it or try to move it and maintain purportions.

Kev
07-27-05, 01:11 AM
You can do that on all four corners as well as the middle of each side, look for the small square ticks. As long as you click the mouse on a line or inside the box you can manipulate it. Once you click outside of the box it will be set in place in the picture.

If you don't like the result just click Edit and then Undo but you can only go back one step.

Ralph
07-27-05, 01:11 AM
On the example below I have pasted a pic on a pic, on the lower right corner (circle in red) I have hovered my mouse on the corner until it changes to the double arrow. If I left click on it I can move the outline by that corner and resize the picture. You can move it up or down and distort it or try to move it and maintain purportions.

Ok, I was able to do it, man it's tricky!!! You have to be right on the corner and it's nerve racking man!!!

You must do something special to make the necks fit and color match nicely after you paste,,

Kev
07-27-05, 01:14 AM
Ok, I was able to do it, man it's tricky!!! You have to be right on the corner and it's nerve racking man!!!

You must do something special to make the necks fit and color match nicely after you paste,,Yeah, you need the steady nerves of a fighter pilot for that!

I use Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition's clone feature to fudge 'n' smuge to give it a smooth look.

Ralph
07-27-05, 01:18 AM
Yeah, you need the steady nerves of a fighter pilot for that!

I use Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition's clone feature to fudge 'n' smuge to give it a smooth look.

Thank you so much for your patience and help Kevo!! Your Da Man!!!!! ;)

Boomer, man, you really need to lay off the snacks!!!!! :devil:

and so it begins.......... :coolgleam

Kev
07-27-05, 01:21 AM
Thank you so much for your patience and help Kevo!! Your Da Man!!!!! ;)Your thanks are not necesarry my young padawan friend. May da schwartz be wit you!

(I fear that I may have contributed in the creation of a monster; Darth Ralph. In spite of the polite Canadian exterior I sense great fear and anger in him. I fear he may be headed for.................The Dark Side!)

Ralph
07-27-05, 01:28 AM
(I fear that I may have contributed in the creation of a monster; Darth Ralph. In spite of the polite Canadian exterior I sense great fear and anger in him. I fear he may be headed for.................The Dark Side!)

Oh, you aint seen nothin' yet! :madtalkin :devil:

Ralph
07-27-05, 02:29 AM
Question, is it possible to reverse direction of a head, or paste them sideways?? I don't see an icon for those options, yet in mt Epson software I can do it. What about MS Paint??

Hey Illumina.....your skills are about equal to mine, got any plans??? :sneaky:

Kev
07-27-05, 02:37 AM
Question, is it possible to reverse direction of a head, or paste them sideways?? I don't see an icon for those options, yet in mt Epson software I can do it. What about MS Paint??

Hey Illumina.....your skills are about equal to mine, got any plans??? :sneaky:In Microsoft Photo Editor you can mirror a pic or rotate it or do a combination until you get the desired result.

Ralph
07-27-05, 02:47 AM
In Microsoft Photo Editor you can mirror a pic or rotate it or do a combination until you get the desired result.

Do I have that???? As part of MS paint?

Kev
07-27-05, 03:02 AM
Do I have that???? As part of MS paint?No, that comes with Microsoft Office

illumina
07-27-05, 03:23 AM

Hey Illumina.....your skills are about equal to mine, got any plans??? :sneaky:

Your feeble skills are no match for the powers of the dark side, young Sky-Ralpher... :p

Ralph
07-28-05, 12:09 AM
Your feeble skills are no match for the powers of the dark side, young Sky-Ralpher... :p

Not too shabby.... ;) :(