: Joining Air Force...

cadillac6
11-12-03, 01:04 AM
Nervous as hell about it, but I feel as if its for me. I am just nervous about leaving my baby behind (97 cadillac deville concours) I will be gone for 6 weeks in basic. And I need to put a car cover on her. Im just worried that I wont be able to take her with me wherever im stationed. Any advice would be appreciated. :basketcas

Mad'lac
11-12-03, 01:15 AM
I'm guessing you'll be sent to Lackland AFB for boot camp. I live like 15 miles from it so I know how it gets down here.Best bet get use to crazy weather here...it'll rain one day, cold the next, windy the 3rd day, hot the 4th day, then rain and cold the 5th, and it stays that way for your 6 weeks. Be glad its not July and August.

DeVillish
11-12-03, 03:01 PM
Good job man. Iam going into the Marines. Basic is only 6 weeks for you? lucky, i have to go for 12 weeks. I dont think you'd have a problem getting your car sent where ever you go after basic, and i think uncle sam will pay to have it shipped, along with the rest of your stuff. I dont know what AF basic is like, but you might wana start running and working out at least 3 times a week. Good luck with everything. Whats your MO?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-12-03, 05:26 PM
hey , i just got out of the airforce , if you have any questions regarding basic let me know , i made a few mistakes and can help you a little

how much has your recruter told you so you are prepared for basic ?

bring a damn good shaveing tool , razor or electric , if electric make sure you have the tools to clean it every day .

soap ...run liquid soap , and a normal shampoo

try not to voulnteer too much , i voultneered and i ended up on latrine duty , but sometimes theres hidden rewards for voulteering (like sleeping or something)

you will be woken up every morning to Revelle , this occurs via a speaker system , is played on a trumpet and is played very loud , followed closely by a very noisy Instructor , do as you told , you will be fine

it all sounds bad from movies , me and other but as long as you follow instructions and pay close attetion to the little detals you will do just fine

hope you dont smoke .... you wont be smoking for approx 15 weeks as you cant even smoke dureing the first few weeks of tech school

anyway ill awnser any questions you might have about it

i wont be the first or last to say this , your country needs you and is very proud of your noble descision :welcome:

ShadowLvr400
11-12-03, 11:52 PM
I'm eyeing the Air Force, or the Navy, but neither will be for about 2 yrs or so. 2 reasons, 1, I have to drop pounds for either, though no fat, or even overweight, I'm just a built guy. You can find my pic on my website. 2, I want my BA at least before I join. Not interested in basic grunt training. Bit too intelligent to deal with that.
Not to be rude, but most people in the 130+ range (admittedly, a 147 myself), don't do well in grunt training. Too much thinking going on, not much for following orders blindly.

airbalancer
11-13-03, 08:51 AM
I'm eyeing the Air Force, or the Navy, but neither will be for about 2 yrs or so. 2 reasons, 1, I have to drop pounds for either, though no fat, or even overweight, I'm just a built guy. You can find my pic on my website. 2, I want my BA at least before I join. Not interested in basic grunt training. Bit too intelligent to deal with that.
Not to be rude, but most people in the 130+ range (admittedly, a 147 myself), don't do well in grunt training. Too much thinking going on, not much for following orders blindly.

My son is in 4thh year at Carlton u in Ottawa taking areospace engineering. He is in Reserve Force.
Is taking with the air force about a full time job in the crush investigaters team, but want to make sure the time will count for his peng time.
Sounds like it would be cool Career