: Environmentalists!

Adam
07-25-05, 10:58 PM
i didnt think these fruitcakes lived around here but obviously they do. ok i am getting out of my car at the mall and these people walk by and say, "you are driving a Cadillac, do you know how much you are polluting? dont you care for the environment?" i was like what the hell? i dont even know you people. so i say "nope, not one bit!"(i really do but not as much as they do obviously) they get all disgusted with me and start lecturing. well i was fed up with it so i threw a reciept on the ground and go "uh oh, what are you gonna do, ive polluted. pick it up, now. come on nature boy, no, what about you broad?" now i know i shouldnt have acted like that but these people were just :mad: argh. they didnt even know that this vehicle is a low polllutant or whatever it says on the original window sticker. just shows how a lot of people are still uninformed about Cadillacs. i wouldnt have done or said anything if they were nice but they were being real jerks about something they didnt even know about. i wasnt mad or nothing just aggrivated.

Boombotz
07-25-05, 11:00 PM
There also the type of people to key your car.

Rolex
07-25-05, 11:10 PM
i didnt think these fruitcakes lived around here but obviously they do. ok i am getting out of my car at the mall and these people walk by and say, "you are driving a Cadillac, do you know how much you are polluting? dont you care for the environment?" i was like what the hell? i dont even know you people. so i say "nope, not one bit!"(i really do but not as much as they do obviously) they get all disgusted with me and start lecturing. well i was fed up with it so i threw a reciept on the ground and go "uh oh, what are you gonna do, ive polluted. pick it up, now. come on nature boy, no, what about you broad?" now i know i shouldnt have acted like that but these people were just :mad: argh. they didnt even know that this vehicle is a low polllutant or whatever it says on the original window sticker. just shows how a lot of people are still uninformed about Cadillacs. i wouldnt have done or said anything if they were nice but they were being real jerks about something they didnt even know about. i wasnt mad or nothing just aggrivated.

You wasted your breath. My entire response could've been done with one simple hand gesture. :lildevil:

Adam
07-25-05, 11:13 PM
There also the type of people to key your car.

yeah i know, i kinda stayed around and watched them leave. i scared them when i told them to pick that receipt up. i talked in my New York mobster kind of voice (i look like one so why not run with it).

Adam
07-25-05, 11:15 PM
You wasted your breath. My entire response could've been done with one simple hand gesture. :lildevil:

:histeric: a nice hand gesture would have said it all.

ShadowLvr400
07-25-05, 11:27 PM
I woulda said, "I figure with all the methane producing cows I kill eating my delicious burgers and steaks, I can get away with driving a big Cadillac. Plus, it annoys the s**t out of tree hugging hippies like yourself."

Edit: Sorry, put in a small amount of profanity. So used to it in my speech.

Adam
07-25-05, 11:30 PM
I woulda said, "I figure with all the methane producing cows I kill eating my delicious burgers and steaks, I can get away with driving a big Cadillac. Plus, it annoys the shit out of tree hugging hippies like yourself."

hehe that would have been hilarous. i dont drive a big Caddy no more. did you know i wrecked the Fleetwood? if not, i...wrecked...the...Fleetwood. i was in my CTS.

ShadowLvr400
07-25-05, 11:43 PM
They commented on a CTS?!?! Hahaha that's funny.

Ralph
07-26-05, 12:12 AM
Why don't you ask those buggers what they drive?? Many of them drive SUV's from what I've seen on the news! They need a large vehicle to haul around all those signs, etc.

LilaGirl72Eldo
07-26-05, 12:16 AM
HILARIOUS, i love the reciept move, nice touch.

I think i qualify as a hippy environmentalist, or at least made from hippy bloodlines as my parents hitchhiked to san francisco from DC in the 70's. my mom is literally an environmentalist and works at a non-profit org that fights to save rivers where a dam is planned. i grew up in the tree hugger mecca, i hate to admit i must be one of them. :crying:

but, goddamit, i will drive my '72 that gets 9 miles to the gallon and no environmental bone in my body won't enjoy the ride! if people want to give me a hard time, ill explain that i dont consider my car transportation at all, its actually a form of art. :thumbsup:

Ralph
07-26-05, 12:22 AM
its actually a form of art. :thumbsup:

And a lovely piece of art it is. ;)

ben72227
07-26-05, 12:23 AM
Ah, I can say, "well i bet my Cadillac gets the same MPG as your Honda, being that its a fuel conservative diesel;)." Oh you could just ask them if they had nothing better to do. I mean, geez, I think most of those people are just jealous that you're so well off. It's like (I think Jesda's) bumper sticker says: Annoy a Liberal: Work hard and suceed.;)

EDIT: You probably should have told them that your car gets fairly good MPG (isn't it about 19/26 on the '03 model?). And besides, you have passing power while their PRIUS (such a fruitcake vehicle i might add:lildevil: ) can't pass or merge on to the interstate.

addison_ii
07-26-05, 01:56 AM
Why don't you ask those buggers what they drive?? Many of them drive SUV's from what I've seen on the news! They need a large vehicle to haul around all those signs, etc.
I didn't think about it that way:D

i talked in my New York mobster kind of voice (i look like one so why not run with it).
Dave Chappelle said he does the same thing but it's in a 1930's 40's gangster voice. Yeah see, scram kid your botherin' me.

majax
07-26-05, 02:11 AM
People as dumb as that just get to me also. It is the most frustrating thing that someone can be sooooooooooooo stupid!

Ralph
07-26-05, 02:21 AM
People as dumb as that just get to me also. It is the most frustrating thing that someone can be sooooooooooooo stupid!

They also don't stop to think about the consequences of how society NEEDS large vehicles. Ambulances, Construction, the Trucking industry, etc. I guess those people who want large vehicles banned should just live in a shack in the forest or something because without large trucks to haul the building materials, they have no home. How about groceries, fruits, produce, etc. Just about everything is shiped by trucking, and if you cripple that industry, watch the prices of goods skyrocket and people will go hungry! Without ambulances runnung around, the construction worker who falls off your roof putting on shingles cannot get immediate medical treatment,...etc., etc...

illumina
07-26-05, 02:51 AM

I would have given them my favorite 'moving' hand gesture located slightly below the waste :D

JC316
07-26-05, 03:44 AM
My response is this.

Do you know that a single volcano eruption causes 100 times more poloution than mankind has done? There is global warming on Mars, how many cadillacs do you see driving around there? And if you want to do something about it, invent a clean cheap fuel that give you 1000's of miles to the gallon. Have a nice day.

Kev
07-26-05, 04:03 AM
....i grew up in the tree hugger mecca, ...That reminds me, It's humorously ironic to me that Berkeley, the birth place of the Atomic Bomb (the first atom splitting occurred in the cyclotron at Lawrence Labs above UCB) has declared itself to be a nuclear free zone. So, by gosh, anybody that sets off a nuclear weapon there will be in big trouble! Big trouble indeed! :mad:

Now, wouldn’t they have to disconnect themselves from the power grid to achieve that status? By connecting to it they are getting some of their power from Diablo Canyon. :shhh:
OH NO!! They are contributing to futher corruption of Mother Earth!!! Oh the SHAME!! :eek: :crying: :crybaby:

illumina
07-26-05, 04:07 AM
In the words of one of my favorite comedians: "Earth ain't goin' nowhere, we are!" George Carlin, stand-up routine from some time ago.

Kev
07-26-05, 04:10 AM
In the words of one of my favorite comedians: "Earth ain't goin' nowhere, we are!" George Carlin, stand-up routine from some time ago.I like old George. He's funny.

I especially enjoyed his comparison of Baseball and Football.

And who didn't love the Hippy Dippy Weather Man?
"All those squiggly little lines.."

adam_mcd
07-26-05, 05:50 AM
damnit i get this too..but they try to educate me...make me feel stupid. as if i already didnt know my pimpsled guzzles. i had this one girl, driving an old honda that just smoked something awful, present with a crapload of 'earth+' this and 'free tibet' that bumper stickers all over lecture me at the pump.

"you know that gets horrible gas mileage...why do you still drive it?"
"gets me to point A to point B without any problems. besides..have you ever driven a cadillac before?"
"no..just saying its hurting earth"
"..have you passed emissions with that car? i have with mine."
"...."

im the last to be prude, but i usually just bust 'have you ever driven one before?' and that usually shuts them up. honestly, its like saying 'omg you eat steak? id rather have top ramen, thanks.'

mccombie_5
07-26-05, 05:57 AM
I get it all the time, because, as im sure you guys know, i have a few cars, and two stalls in my garage are made up of an Escalade ESV and a Range Rover. I do not drive around in all of these at the same time, i am not doing any more damage to the eart than a guy with one car. The reason i have these somewhat high polluting cars is: because i want to. I work hard, i spend my money on cars that are fast or pleasing to me. It is even worse here because if we buy a new car here now our road tax is based on emmsions. It will not stop me buying a new cadillac in a few years. THE REASON I DRIVE THESE IS I LIKE THEM and thats all i ould say to anyone who challenges me for it. They are meerly jealous because we all have the ultimate symbol of luxury and they have Pedal-Powered Toyotas. *Rant over*

LilaGirl72Eldo
07-26-05, 07:25 AM
That reminds me, It's humorously ironic to me that Berkeley, the birth place of the Atomic Bomb (the first atom splitting occurred in the cyclotron at Lawrence Labs above UCB) has declared itself to be a nuclear free zone.

we also have alexander shulgin making discoveries up in our hills, but his donations to science are illegal here too. apparently we lack team spirit..?

I think this topic was well covered by Dennis Leary:

" You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible, hot pink with whaleskin hub caps and all leather cow interior and big brown
baby seal eyes for headlights, yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115mph getting one mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheese burgers from
McDonald's in the old-fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers and when I'm done sucking down those grease ball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the
American flag and then I'm gonna toss the styrofoam container right out the side and there ain't a God damned thing anybody can do about it. YOu know why? Because
we got the bombs, that's why."

Ralph
07-26-05, 04:27 PM
we also have alexander shulgin making discoveries up in our hills, but his donations to science are illegal here too. apparently we lack team spirit..?

I think this topic was well covered by Dennis Leary:

" You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible, hot pink with whaleskin hub caps and all leather cow interior and big brown
baby seal eyes for headlights, yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115mph getting one mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheese burgers from
McDonald's in the old-fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers and when I'm done sucking down those grease ball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the
American flag and then I'm gonna toss the styrofoam container right out the side and there ain't a God damned thing anybody can do about it. YOu know why? Because
we got the bombs, that's why."

China has nukes, and they drive bicycles. :suspense: ;)

:hide:

Ok, I know thats changing there with their booming economy, etc... ;)

ShadowLvr400
07-26-05, 07:41 PM
Oddly though, with the price of fuels lately, I have considered switching my car to deisel, and making biodeisel at home... There's a company that sells a fuel still as it were, and it's easy to make at home... Runs off fryer oil from restaraunts... Since I'm a chef, could work well for me. Gotta change the oil every few days at the longest.

mccombie_5
07-26-05, 07:43 PM
Oddly though, with the price of fuels lately, I have considered switching my car to deisel, and making biodeisel at home... There's a company that sells a fuel still as it were, and it's easy to make at home... Runs off fryer oil from restaraunts... Since I'm a chef, could work well for me. Gotta change the oil every few days at the longest.

Yeah they did that on a TV show. They ran a Volvo Diesel on used cooking oil.....the car smelled a bit though

Kev
07-26-05, 07:50 PM
Yeah they did that on a TV show. They ran a Volvo Diesel on used cooking oil.....the car smelled a bit thoughThe chips smell is not bad but the fish smell can get a bit gamey! :disappoin

mccombie_5
07-26-05, 07:53 PM
The chips smell is not bad but the fish smell can get a bit gamey! :disappoin

Eugh. It still isnt classy though i sit, i mean an old Volvo, but a smelly old Volvo, unless this could be done on a more efficient less smelly scale it wouldnt really work

Stoneage_Caddy
07-26-05, 10:52 PM
Next time tell them when they ask about the cadillac:

Did you know that cows pollute the earther more than cars?

Did you know my cadillac has an interior made of leather ?

Did you know they had to kill a cow to get the leather ?

So acutally my cadillac helps the enviroment more than your poorly mainted mode of transportation which i bet is leaking oil at this very moment ....

OR

Tell them what they want to hear , which is what i enjoy doing ....

I grab my hair and go "HOLY SHIT im hurting the world , im going right now to trade it off on a pair of sandals and cruise jesus style...Dear god you relaize have saved the earth by .001 seconds today ?....Just think 2 million more cadillacs to go kids .....Have a nice day ...."

Or bring up how the powerplants that they use to powere the pc so they can spew there garabe all over the internet are the real problem with the air , not a CTS which if you got the big V8 would qualify for ULEV standards (the 6 doesnt)...
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/ccvl/2006ccvl.htm?PF=Y

wait , i bet if you had a V they would thank you

addison_ii
07-26-05, 11:04 PM

So acutally my cadillac helps the enviroment more than your poorly mainted mode of transportation which i bet is leaking oil at this very moment ....

I'm doing my part by eating cheeseburgers and hamburger helper(or as I like to call it" Cow Product Assistant")

I grab my hair and go "HOLY SHIT im hurting the world , im going right now to trade it off on a pair of sandals and cruise jesus style...Dear god you relaize have saved the earth by .001 seconds today ?....Just think 2 million more cadillacs to go kids .....Have a nice day ...."
:histeric:

mccombie_5
07-26-05, 11:09 PM
I would consider shouting "oh no, i will go and drive one of my other 5 cars then! one of them has got to be more efficiant, oh wait, all of my cars are powered by engines! not holes in the floor"

illumina
07-26-05, 11:44 PM
As usual, Maddox has the answers: http://maddox.xmission.com/hippies.html

Hehehe...

ben72227
07-27-05, 12:12 AM
I have considered switching my car to deisel

yes....tell me more...:lildevil:

Adam
07-27-05, 05:42 PM
I would consider shouting "oh no, i will go and drive one of my other 5 cars then! one of them has got to be more efficiant, oh wait, all of my cars are powered by engines! not holes in the floor"

hehe, now that woulda been funny. i didnt think that these fruitcakes lived around here, figured they all lived in california or something. its EAST TENNESSEE for God's sake. the hell are they doing around here? this is redneckville usa and by no means should these people endanger themselves by living here. what if one of my good ole boy friends were with me? they would have shot them!

Adam
07-27-05, 05:44 PM

OR

Tell them what they want to hear , which is what i enjoy doing ....

Or bring up how the powerplants that they use to powere the pc so they can spew there garabe all over the internet are the real problem with the air , not a CTS which if you got the big V8 would qualify for ULEV standards (the 6 doesnt)...
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/ccvl/2006ccvl.htm?PF=Y

wait , i bet if you had a V they would thank you

now that would have been good. shame i didnt know or think of these things before hand though. ill be ready next time. i actually hope they come around again.

Kev
07-27-05, 05:48 PM
now that would have been good. shame i didnt know or think of these things before hand though. ill be ready next time. i actually hope they come around again.Yuuupp... you know the old saying; "hindsight is 20/20". I always think of the best comebacks two or three days beyond their shelf life! :banghead:

Adam
07-27-05, 06:00 PM
Yuuupp... you know the old saying; "hindsight is 20/20". I always think of the best comebacks two or three days beyond their shelf life! :banghead:

dont you hate it when that happens? i got them pretty good with the receipt trick though.

Kev
07-27-05, 06:04 PM
dont you hate it when that happens? With a passion!

N0DIH
07-27-05, 06:47 PM
Bunch of treehuggers. They would get a bloody earful from me if they ever said that to me. Maybe they need to start to ANALYZE the actuall emissions contact. Now, lets see, how much dangerous controlled materials (batteries that need to be replaced every 2 years being dumped in the environment) in the Prius that my 94 LT1 doesn't have? But out the tailpipe I am as good, if not better, and that little piece of crap is spending far more time at WOT, where emissions ARE NOT CONTROLLED, than my LT1 is, where he is putting out far more crap than my car ever NEEDS to put out.

Not to mention I am driving a car that is 11 years old, that can go 300-400K miles, and that little thingy won't make it past 200K unless he is very lucky. So it will take him 2-3 cars to last the lifetime of my "gas guzzler", that my 5.7L engine is 4-5x bigger, getting only 50% less mileage, where his tiny little 1.5L is only getting 30-40 mpg on a good day (almost none of them get the advertised mileage). So who is the polluter? How many car plants have to be in operation to make his 1 car?

I say we are doing the environment a service by keeping solid long lasting cars in operation that actually have phenomenal tailpipe emissions in the first place!!! My 91 Bonneville 3800 put out 0.00% CO, 3ppm HC @ 6000 foot altitude! Hmmm, bet that little Prius isn't anywhere close, and I had 100K miles on already!!!

mccombie_5
07-27-05, 07:11 PM
Bunch of treehuggers. They would get a bloody earful from me if they ever said that to me. M

+1

:thumbsup:

N0DIH
07-27-05, 08:14 PM
Lets see, they say that you will replace your engine in 10 years, really? I sure as heck am not expecting any of my cars to need an engine to be replaced in 10 years!!!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=1183&page_number=1

And batteries at 8? OMgosh batman! So on your prius you have to replace the engine at 10 years and batteries at 8? The cost? Forget it! And where do the old batteries go? I am sure they will end up in a landfill somehow, even if they claim some recycling. The ultimate recycle, buy a car that will just plain last.

Let see, they figure on 10K miles per year to make the batteries last 8 years. I drive 33K per year. So I have to replace my batteries in 2.5 years now. At nearly $4000 current prices?!?!?!? You have got to be kidding me!

Ok, now, we take my Fleetwood, it cost me $3800, it gets 18.5 mpg average, @ 33000 miles a year. My yearly fuel costs at $2.29 a gallon are $4100. Now, we take a Prius. Getting an average of 45 MPG would cost me $1685 a year. + the cost of the car + the cost of batteries every 2.5years, plus the lack of a long surviving car + the cost of life insurance because little cars like that are death traps when they come in contact with anything larger whatsoever. Sorry, they are NOT financially sound vehicles to drive. It would take you around 30-40 YEARS to break even with cars like this!!!

Kev
07-27-05, 08:32 PM
Lets see, they say that you will replace your engine in 10 years, really? I sure as heck am not expecting any of my cars to need an engine to be replaced in 10 years!!!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=1183&page_number=1

And batteries at 8? OMgosh batman! So on your prius you have to replace the engine at 10 years and batteries at 8? The cost? Forget it! And where do the old batteries go? I am sure they will end up in a landfill somehow, even if they claim some recycling. The ultimate recycle, buy a car that will just plain last.

Let see, they figure on 10K miles per year to make the batteries last 8 years. I drive 33K per year. So I have to replace my batteries in 2.5 years now. At nearly $4000 current prices?!?!?!? You have got to be kidding me!

Ok, now, we take my Fleetwood, it cost me $3800, it gets 18.5 mpg average, @ 33000 miles a year. My yearly fuel costs at $2.29 a gallon are $4100. Now, we take a Prius. Getting an average of 45 MPG would cost me $1685 a year. + the cost of the car + the cost of batteries every 2.5years, plus the lack of a long surviving car + the cost of life insurance because little cars like that are death traps when they come in contact with anything larger whatsoever. Sorry, they are NOT financially sound vehicles to drive. It would take you around 30-40 YEARS to break even with cars like this!!!It's very likely that the new caddys driving today were made partially from previous models. Auto recycling has improved a lot, the steel from the old mixed with new alloys result in stronger frames and bodies. We're doin our part man! It's all good in a Caddy!!!

mccombie_5
07-27-05, 08:33 PM
Same. I drive alot of miles a year even thoguh i dont live far away from work it takes me a long time. i spend lots of time in my car. I dont want to be spending time in a small car. I want a car with comforts. I drive 21,000 a year. which is alot. I like driving. I like driving a nice car. I dont care what milage i get. If i did I'd drive one of these:
http://galleries.wheels24.co.za/cars/mercedes/smart/images/05.jpg

i just dont know where people get off telling em i should get a bus to work. why should i share a bus with 70 people? when i can share a car with my radio? It damn annoys me.

Adam
07-27-05, 09:19 PM
holy crap i couldnt get my left leg in that car! who would drive one of those? give me an old Caddy or Chevy any day.

mccombie_5
07-27-05, 09:28 PM
holy crap i couldnt get my left leg in that car! who would drive one of those? give me an old Caddy or Chevy any day.

Its an MCC Smart City Coupe. Made by would anyone like to guess?

Mercedes Benz. It has a 0.7 litre engine :D dont ya just love em? ive been in one. Its like driving in a kitchen applience.

"Hello, my name is (insert hippy name) and i drive that blender over there"

N0DIH
07-27-05, 09:33 PM
Maybe next time when someone says something you can tick them off by telling them that because they did that, that you are going out and disconnecting all your emissions stuff and make it run rich as heck to make it pollute more just to tick them off.

Else to keep their mouths closed and keep their tree hugging opinions (that are not often based on facts) to themselves!

I do work hard at keeping my car in best tune possible, so that emissions ARE very low. I feel there is too many people out there, tree huggers included that are so clueless about how to upkeep a car that they actually cause more environmental damage due to negligence. Like needlessly changing oil every 3000 miles. (yes some cars should, my Turbo T/A was spec'd to do it at 2500 miles factory!!) They think that they NEED to because the oil change shops have brainwashed them into thinking they NEED to. When actually the car engineers who DESIGNED it say otherwise. I would put more stock into a powertrain engineer at any car company over some oil change shop's opinion on what I need to make my car reliable for long term. So, now how many BILLIONS of oil are drained out of cars daily just because some oil change shop wants to make a buck? I still want to find the first car that had oil changes per the owners manual that had the engine FAIL or seriously degrade its life (earlier than what the factory expects) that can be proven that the oil was the failure mode of the engine.

I have a need to carry 6 passengers from time to time. Hence I have a Suburban (seats 5-8 people daily) and a Fleetwood (backup to the Sub, and my daily driver).

Most of these people are so high up on their horse they think they know everything about clean environment. They are actually now proving that ethanol fuels are NOT good for the environment due to the worse gas mileage (average 10%) causing more polution than it actually saves, not to mention costs the consumer more over the life of the car in areas (like Chicagoland) where the idiot politians want to push "their" ethanol fuels "to improve emissions" (not proven!!!) and claim that they created jobs by doing it. They are doing more long term damage to the environment.

Am I saying hybrids are bad? No, the technology is very immature. They are too costly to be worth much, but then again, so was EFI 30 years ago. How expensive was it to fix that 500 or 425 FI engine when the thing broke something? Or the first angle based electronic igntion on the 403 Olds in the 77 Toronados? Expensive! But we have gained a lot from it since then. Someday they will be more benefit. We need to make engines with more efficient power curves, once that can use additional sources of energy to get the car into motion and other forms to keep it in motion and then recover that power when we need to slow down. The GM 5.3L DOD is a start, and that coupled with the new GM Truck 5.3L DOD/Hybrid, will be great once it is in cars. Imagine a LT1 Fleetwood that gets 20% better fuel economy and has 300 hp? That is darn near 30 mpg highway and 20 city! And mid to high 14's in the 1/4 mile.

mccombie_5
07-27-05, 09:57 PM
Yes! They should keep their opinions to themselves! I live my life. Not telling them how to drive, what to drive, where to drive, and when not to use it! Why do they tell me? I dont want them to! I had an incident with some guy in Newcastle when i was driving my Range Rover. It was fresh from a site inspection. It had mud clogged up to the mirrors. I wasnt expecting to be in the office but there was a problem with the alarms there, and i had to go in and restart the system. My offices share a car park with a few others, and we have designated spaces. My office has 6 spaces. My other five staff were in work, and i went to use my space to find some guy locking his clapped out Toyota Corolla up. I asked him to move it, as he was parked in my space, and i got a mouthful of abuse about having a Range and that it never went off road. It was clearly covered in mud that was still actually wet. HE said that i shouldnt have been there and that i was polluting the earth. Why did he give me a lecture on that? Had he of been in the space next to me i wouldnt have said a word. But because i had asked him to move he complained and lost his temper i lost mine. His car was older than the building he was parked in and was probably throwin out more crap than two other cars. I shouted at him, and told him this. I won :D i was rather annoyed at this, because i have my Range Rover because i go into some pretty rough places to do inspections and the such. He was probably doing more damage than me!

I also make sure my cars, except one, are serviced on the exact mileage the hanbook says, they never have had any problems. The one i didn't ever service was my Izusu Trooper. I had it 9 years. The oil was changed when it needed to be, but it passed its MOT every time. emissions and all. Now i dont think that Corolla would

Sorry about the length of this, these guys really annoy me. :banghead:

Adam
07-27-05, 10:09 PM
he said it didnt need to go off road or it doesnt go off road? either way he is a moron. it has 4 wheel drive? then hell yeah take it off road. the hell else would you need 4 wheel drive (save for snowy days living in the mountains).

i should have reicted Ludacris' Southern Hospitality:

"Ah
Cadillac grills
Cadillac bills
Check out the oil
My cadillac spills
Matter of fact
Candy paint
Cadillac kills
So check out the hoes my cadillac fills..."

mccombie_5
07-27-05, 10:19 PM
he said it didnt need to go off road or it doesnt go off road? either way he is a moron. it has 4 wheel drive? then hell yeah take it off road. the hell else would you need 4 wheel drive (save for snowy days living in the mountains).."

HE said something like "people like you only have 4x4s so you look good! We all know they never go off road! They just fill the air full of crap!"

Firstly i would like to know who "people like me" are, and i informed him that my car had 25 minutes ago been driving through a piece of land of the same consistancy as what was coming out of his mouth, and that it was all over the damn thing. I DO NOT normally use this car in town. It was an minor emergency. I needed to be there, and he was telling me all of this whilst standing next to his car in MY SPACE! i paid alot of money for my office/parking agreement, i had alot more right to be there then him. If worse came to worse i would have shackled his car up to mine and dragged it out of the space myself.

ben72227
07-27-05, 10:22 PM
I love that song! Back when Ludacris was still an underground rapper:rolleyes:

If anyone has seen that show - 30 Days on FX? They had an episode where some people had to go live in a hippie commune with solar pannels for electricity (which I think are a good idea, BTW) but they had a Volvo something or other than ran on french fries oil from McDonalds:sneaky:. Quite interesting indeed. Of course they all smelled terrible since they didn't use real soap, because, heaven forbid, it would contaminate the earth:cookoo:

Well McCombie, liberals and treehuggers will always be jealous of us Cadillac owners and successful people simply because we have one and they don't. If you had a Toyota Hilux, they probably wouldn't bitch so much, but no - You just HAD to get the leather seat interior, V8, Road-hogging, Range Rover:rant2:so they hate you. Just life I guess;)

mccombie_5
07-27-05, 10:24 PM
Of course they all smelled terrible since they didn't use real soap

Maybe i should line thm all up and drive my Escalade at them :D

mccombie_5
07-27-05, 10:44 PM
Well McCombie, liberals and treehuggers will always be jealous of us Cadillac owners and successful people simply because we have one and they don't. If you had a Toyota Hilux, they probably wouldn't bitch so much, but no - You just HAD to get the leather seat interior, V8, Road-hogging, Range Rover:rant2:so they hate you. Just life I guess;)

heeheee. You make it sound like a leather seated, V8, Road-hogging Range Rover is a bad thing :lildevil:
i suppose if i wanted a utility tin i would of got a hilux :D

illumina
07-27-05, 11:47 PM
i just dont know where people get off telling em i should get a bus to work. why should i share a bus with 70 people? when i can share a car with my radio? It damn annoys me.

I stopped riding the bus after witnessing an old lady squatting down and pissing down the isle after she had been in an argument with one of her personalities...That and busses aren't very safe due to gang like activities and so on...Just not worth it to me.

N0DIH
07-28-05, 12:39 AM
Range Rover, Olds Powered!!! Cool!! Good old fashioned GM power! Good purchase!!

People don't understand so much of the emissions. Emissions are specified in grams per mile in addition to % output numbers.

So I have a LT1, with 2.56 gears and .7 OD, I am idling, uh, crusing down the highway at 55 mph at a paltry 1250 RPM. So, now we look at a little dinky 1.8L Toyota Corolla (a favorite of tree huggers). In the same year as my LT1, automatic cars didn't even get OD. So, we look at the engine rpm of this car. We have 3300 rpm at 55 mph (yes, these cars are screamers down the highway, my mother in law has one). So, we have nearly triple the cruise rpm, with this, we have nearly the same grams per mile, despite the larger engine in the Cad. Having a smaller engine like a 4.3L L99 found in the Caprices, is actualy significantly LOWER than the toyota. So, who is the emissions gross polluter? And in most cases the V8's have superior emissions output, again, solidfying the position that larger engines aren't necessarily any worse at all on emissions than a smaller car.

addison_ii
07-28-05, 01:32 AM
I stopped riding the bus after witnessing an old lady squatting down and pissing down the isle after she had been in an argument with one of her personalities...That and busses aren't very safe due to gang like activities and so on...Just not worth it to me.

I think that's reason enough for me to drive a V8 powered Cadillac anyday.
Let's see you can either be mugged and possibly urinated on or drive in style and comfort. Hmmm survey says: I'll pick option number 2.

mccombie_5
07-28-05, 04:40 AM
Range Rover, Olds Powered!!! Cool!! Good old fashioned GM power! Good purchase!!

Tell me more? I didn't know anything by this. I thought it was a BMW engine. 4.4? Mines an '02. But before i had that i used to drive an '87 with a 3.5 I think that was an old GM engine waaaay before Rover had it...

derrty_deville
07-28-05, 05:22 AM
tree higger cars arent all screamers at 55 mph. my kia runs about 1800 to 2k at that speed. acceleration is where those cars emissions catch up with them. not enough balls. caddys do it w/o the high rpms and using the o/d. and no im not a tree hugger, the kia is an a to b car.

beisng as that i am in college i havent run into tree huggers yet in my cad. but the day will come and ill take his woman and drive over him and his rice burner. at low rpms of course. then he'll have to recycle whats left of his toyota and then about a third of another new caddy will arise from the debris.

silly hippies, cars are for people. lol

and yous guys should watch your luxury suvs because in these parts the hipie has been known to key them as well as put their bumper stickers on them. and what is efficient about their 60's vw buses. buncha hippiecrits

mccombie_5
07-28-05, 07:28 AM
beisng as that i am in college i havent run into tree huggers yet in my cad. but the day will come and ill take his woman and drive over him and his rice burner. at low rpms of course. then he'll have to recycle whats left of his toyota and then about a third of another new caddy will arise from the debris.

and yous guys should watch your luxury suvs because in these parts the hipie has been known to key them as well as put their bumper stickers on them. and what is efficient about their 60's vw buses. buncha hippiecrits

IF you do see any in your caddy, drive it them!

I really tend not to drive the range or the 'lade that much, but i have seen them keyed.

Adam
07-28-05, 11:59 AM
HE said something like "people like you only have 4x4s so you look good! We all know they never go off road! They just fill the air full of crap!"

Firstly i would like to know who "people like me" are, and i informed him that my car had 25 minutes ago been driving through a piece of land of the same consistancy as what was coming out of his mouth, and that it was all over the damn thing. I DO NOT normally use this car in town. It was an minor emergency. I needed to be there, and he was telling me all of this whilst standing next to his car in MY SPACE! i paid alot of money for my office/parking agreement, i had alot more right to be there then him. If worse came to worse i would have shackled his car up to mine and dragged it out of the space myself.

hehe, people like you- REDNECK! im sending you a rebel flag so you can hang it out of the back of your Range and you can cruise all over the UK with mud all over it and people cant say nothing.

mccombie_5
07-28-05, 12:10 PM
hehe, people like you- REDNECK! im sending you a rebel flag so you can hang it out of the back of your Range and you can cruise all over the UK with mud all over it and people cant say nothing.

:D im really stuck as to people like me are though.

N0DIH
07-28-05, 02:24 PM
Tell me more? I didn't know anything by this. I thought it was a BMW engine. 4.4? Mines an '02. But before i had that i used to drive an '87 with a 3.5 I think that was an old GM engine waaaay before Rover had it...

Maybe they did switch, they were using the OldsmoBuick 3.5 V8 for years. It even found its way in the Morgan 8 (pretty cool car if you ask me)

I think they picked it up from GM in 1964 or 1965.

mccombie_5
07-28-05, 04:16 PM
Maybe they did switch, they were using the OldsmoBuick 3.5 V8 for years. It even found its way in the Morgan 8 (pretty cool car if you ask me)

I think they picked it up from GM in 1964 or 1965.

Oh yeah. Ive had a couple of cars with it in, it literally found its way into everything that had any connection with Rover, they only stopped building it two years ago. It is a great engine. I think one of Rovers directors found it in a breakers yard over there. Yeah, when BMW took Rover, the held Land Rover back along with mini before they sold LR to ford they stopped using the 3.5 and put in the 4.4V8