: Need winter tires...suggestions?

golfdude
07-25-05, 05:40 PM
I am looking for winter tires for the V and I am looking for some feedback from some owners as to which ones I should get. I might get new wheels too or I'll just change the tires. I might also be interested in buying used snow tires/wheels for the car. Any help is welcomed, thanks.

07-25-05, 06:44 PM
it's 100 degrees out. you are too much of a visionary.

But there are many threads on this topic from last winter. Try doing a search on "tires" or "winter tires" etc.

I'd recommend a new set of wheels and tires....attached to more winter-friendly chassis.

dhg

CVP33
07-25-05, 06:51 PM
I have a set of Mille Miglia rims that you could use. PM me to discuss. All have cosmetic issues. I can also forward you high res' pictures of each wheel. This is of course if Trukk doesn't want them. I was going to use them as track wheels but have decided to get a set of stockers.

StealthV
07-25-05, 06:59 PM
Since my winter plans have recently changed, (parking the V for the winter this season) I've got a set of Mille Miglia wheels with tire pressure sensors and Dunlop Wintersport M3 runflat tires. The whole package has 4,000 miles on it and is near mint as can be - no curb rash, etc.

golfdude
07-25-05, 07:04 PM
Folks, the website is not allowing me to PM anybody, so if you would like to, please post pics of the wheels/tires, as well as a price for them, or just pm me.
Thanks

StealthV
07-25-05, 07:21 PM
We can't PM you either (you need 30 posts or something silly like that) - if you'd like more info on the set I have, click my signature in the post above, go to the "About" tab and click on the email link.

azombie
07-25-05, 11:17 PM
i just put on a set of Pirelli PZero Nero m+s have about 1000 miles on them now, they seem to have worn in pretty good they handled great in a couple rain showers so far. i will be able to give a better report on this tire after we get through a winter but they are supposed to be decent..for a v...i prefer to work at home when the snow is coming down.

definitely a much smoother ride than the runflats. chirps a little on some corners but it seems to be getting less and less as they break in. i dumped the clutch one time with them and they seemed to grab pretty well, left about a 20 ft patch that was pretty straight and another little 5 footer when i hit 2nd. last time for that until their farewell tour!