: Possible new Caddy owner

Yaj
07-25-05, 04:34 PM
As the title says, I'm a possible new Caddy owner. The car I'm looking at is a '98 Polo Green STS with 86k miles. Would I would like to know is what should I start searching for in this forum...as in what sort of info should I be reading before buying this car.

I've started browsing through the Seville/Eldorado section, but I thought maybe the community could save me some time and give me a few topics to search on.

TIA

Kev
07-25-05, 06:31 PM
:welcome: Tia.
Not sure about what you should search for but be sure to check the usual things, title search on carfax, see if there are good service records and receipts. If it is a private sale have a trusted mechanic check it over for his professional opinion.

Good luck and enjoy the forums!

addison_ii
07-25-05, 06:51 PM
:welcome: to Cadillac Forums. In addition to what everyone else has said about info to look for, I would also run the diagnostics(OBD2) on the car. Just to make sure there aren't any codes or see if any were stored as history codes.

Boombotz
07-25-05, 08:23 PM
Here read this thread:

What to look for when buying used cadillacs! (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5880)

This should be helpful and good luck. Hopefully we will see you here as a new Caddy owner. :thumbsup:

Yaj
07-26-05, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. Read through the "What to look for for" thread. I pretty much know what to look for in a used car since I've never bought a new car in my life, but I learned a few new things from that thread.

By the way, TIA isn't my name...it stands for Thanks In Advance.

I've also noticed a lot of "head gasket" and "overheating" threads...anyone care to comment.

Kev
07-26-05, 02:46 PM
By the way, TIA isn't my name...it stands for Thanks In Advance.Thanks for clearing that up Yaj. Some of us (me) are still a little old school.