: Front license plate cover missing

vietfob714
07-25-05, 02:34 PM
The front license plate cover fell off my car while driving on the freeway. Does anybody know the part # so I can go buy it in gmpartsdirect? Please help me out. My car is Diamond white. Thanks

jrs05caddyext
07-25-05, 02:52 PM
I hope this will help you. The part is $49.67.http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213815&chapter=DR1GC00&appSectionid=2276&groupid=51817&subgroupid=3538&componentid=0&make=5&model=Escalade&year=2002&graphicID=GC00025&callout=10&catalogid=2

vietfob714
07-25-05, 03:23 PM
thanks... do you think it comes painted?

jrs05caddyext
07-25-05, 03:42 PM
I dont think so you might have to take it to a body shop. I dont think it will cost much to paint.

slk230mb
07-25-05, 07:27 PM
I dont think so you might have to take it to a body shop. I dont think it will cost much to paint.

With his truck being White Diamond, its probably $50+ to have painted.

Rolex
07-25-05, 11:06 PM
While you're replacing it it may help to fab up some larger hangers for the top of the cover. I almost lost my cover coming down the interstate, when I got to work it was hanging badly. The upper tabs aren't long enough to secure the cover, and it will eventually pop out again. I used some small self-tapping screws to attach longer peices of polymer/plastic to the existing tabs and it's stayed put ever since. I also used self-tapping screws to attach the bottom....which can't be seen unless you crwal under the vehicle. Good luck.

1knight1
07-27-05, 02:49 AM
I want to use my but being from Ontario, you have to have a license plate on the front. I like the look of the cover on, maybe next week I'll try it out and see if I get pull over or not.

T-Dizzy
07-27-05, 03:08 PM
The front license plate cover fell off my car while driving on the freeway. Does anybody know the part # so I can go buy it in gmpartsdirect? Please help me out. My car is Diamond white. Thanks

Living in Massachusetts, I have to wear front and rear plates. My truck is white diamond, so I'll UPS you mine, if you still need it.

- T

CadillacGrillz
07-27-05, 04:01 PM
is there a website or something were it tells u what states do u have to have the front and back plates

vietfob714
07-28-05, 04:28 AM
That'd be great. T-Dizzy email me and i'll paypal you the amount you need. vietfob714@yahoo.com

mskwik
08-16-05, 08:52 PM
Hi Rolex,

Can you tell me what size screws you used to attach the front license plate cover? I just bought an '05 Black Escalade on Sunday and want to install this cover, but can't seem to find a screw to fit under there.

Thanks!

Shelley

Rolex
08-17-05, 05:38 PM
Hi Rolex,

Can you tell me what size screws you used to attach the front license plate cover? I just bought an '05 Black Escalade on Sunday and want to install this cover, but can't seem to find a screw to fit under there.

Thanks!

Shelley

Hmmm, if you're wanting to use the factory mounting holes you may want to appeal to your local dealership for help. I seriously doubt they'd charge you for it since they were the ones who removed them (probably to put on one of their "free advertisement" name plates:D ). I basically used 3/4 inch sheet metal screws to permantly attach the cover to the front bumper cover, because the factory screw holes were torn/srtipped and wouldn't sustain the weight of the cover.