: HMMM... what car to rent, hmmm... A CADILLAC

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 10:00 AM
:bouncy: I'm going to be in Washington DC/MD on business on Thursday and I was thinking....well....I need to rent a car for me, a colleague and my company's president. hmmm... That's it, I got it... I'm going to get a new Cadillac Deville for the day. I haven't driven one in a long time so i'm PSSSSSYCHED. I mean, why not go BIG!? I can't wait.

mccombie_5
07-25-05, 10:05 AM
:bouncy: I'm going to be in Washington DC/MD on business on Thursday and I was thinking....well....I need to rent a car for me, a colleague and my company's president. hmmm... That's it, I got it... I'm going to get a new Cadillac Deville for the day. I haven't driven one in a long time so i'm PSSSSSYCHED. I mean, why not go BIG!? I can't wait.

Good for you man! My wife has the 04, that is a comfortable car ;) That should impress the company president.

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 10:07 AM
ha ha ha... I'm not going to tell him until he sees it. I mean, I'd be embarrassed to pull up in a taurus or an intrepid. so I figured, Go big or go home !

mccombie_5
07-25-05, 10:11 AM
ha ha ha... I'm not going to tell him until he sees it. I mean, I'd be embarrassed to pull up in a taurus or an intrepid. so I figured, Go big or go home !

Heheh good idea :thumbsup: DTS or DHS?

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 10:13 AM
It is probably an 05 DHS. not sure though... hopefully its black with tinted windows, then we'd be rolling past the whitehouse in true american style.

mccombie_5
07-25-05, 10:16 AM
It is probably an 05 DHS. not sure though... hopefully its black with tinted windows, then we'd be rolling past the whitehouse in true american style.

Thats what ours looks like :D go for it man! Usually when i have to arrange rentals for my clients they end up in a Ford Focus :sneaky: or i have to drive them everywhere myself

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 10:26 AM
black on black is the way to go like the secret service. One time i had a jeep liberty on a business trip....omg it was the worst. about 90 hp.

mccombie_5
07-25-05, 10:31 AM
90bhp? that is feeble. i'll stick to my 300s

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 10:55 AM
90bhp? that is feeble. i'll stick to my 300s

sorry that was an exaggeration... it was a 100 and change 4 banger, took soooo long to get up to cruising speed on the highway.

It's crazy how much HP they put into cars these days, its a craze.

mccombie_5
07-25-05, 11:10 AM
sorry that was an exaggeration... it was a 100 and change 4 banger, took soooo long to get up to cruising speed on the highway.

It's crazy how much HP they put into cars these days, its a craze.

Even so 100 is also feeble! My Vectra has 192 BHP from a 2.6 litre V6. A decent amout of horsepower is needed, but i suppose a 4x4 needs torque more than speed...

ben72227
07-25-05, 12:27 PM
Good Good Good. A Deville will be perfect. DO try to make sure its black though. I'm sure that the company president will be impressed by you taste in cars:sneaky:.

addison_ii
07-25-05, 01:39 PM
The Deville is a good choice. Play some Jazz music/news radio. Make sure your attire is political like(Blue suit,white shirt,red(power tie) or go MIB style. You'll get complimented on car taste, attire, and may get a promotion. Not to mention the looks you get when people the Caddy rolling past. A win-win situation:D

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 01:56 PM
I can't wait to pick it up.... I haven't driven a new deville for a couple of years, i can't wait to feel the V8

majax
07-25-05, 02:38 PM
This reminds me of that VW Jetta commercial. When the executive goes to turn on the radio and there is loud obnoxious music.

You will like the DeVille and he will to.

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 02:41 PM
he left the trip planning up to me so hopefully el presidente is pleasantly surprised that he's traveling in luxury as opposed to an econobox.

It would be nice if it had a navigation system but I doubt it...

majax
07-25-05, 03:00 PM
Yeah, don't get lost. lol

Whose money is paying for this car? If it is the companys it may be better to get a cheaper car...

AirJigga25
07-25-05, 03:06 PM
Yeah, don't get lost. lol

Whose money is paying for this car? If it is the companys it may be better to get a cheaper car...

I'm going to expense it! I got a cheap flight so this makes up for it. I'm going to close a lot of business as a result of the trip so it won't really matter spending an extra 40 bucks to be 10 times more comfy.

majax
07-25-05, 03:11 PM
hahahahha
have fun!

Kev
07-25-05, 03:27 PM
I'm going to expense it! I got a cheap flight so this makes up for it. I'm going to close a lot of business as a result of the trip so it won't really matter spending an extra 40 bucks to be 10 times more comfy.Man, you guys won't be able to buy lunch for three in that town for $40! Go for it!

adam_mcd
07-26-05, 05:05 AM
i dunno, ive always liked newer metallic silver devilles.

but id just rather rent a 1977 fleetwood with a crown air freshener, and get a sky blue suit with tiger print vest. than again, im too smart/superfly for this world.