: Hello There

Lafawnduh
07-25-05, 02:05 AM
Hello, my name is actually Bryan. Lafawnduh is the name of my girlfriends 1988 Cadillac Brougham. I have many questions on this car. She bought it a month ago, and we both fell in love with her. She is the most unique Brougham/Fleetwood/Deville I have ever seen from those years. She is maroon, with a matching vynil tip and leather interior. She has the rare wire wheels, and a gold package and the Continental Kit, with the tire on the back. About 2 weeks after the purchase, she was hit slightly in the back, and now she could use a new tire for the back, but I'm having trouble finding a new one, but I'm still trying and any help would be very much appreciated. And last Thursday I was on vacation and my girlfriend called me in a frenzy asking why the car was making a knocking noise. I came home on Friday, had my dad listen to it...and to our disappointment, she developed a rod knock in the bottom and another knock in the top of the engine, now she needs to be rebuilt or needs a replacement. My girlfriend, Carolynn, loves this car to pieces (as do I) and I want to see this car look like it did the day it was brand new. She doesnt need much, except for a paint job which will cost alot of money since the top surfaces need to be stripped and repainted. The wire wheels are in great condition, but really need to be cleaned better but I can't find a product that can do that. She also has a mess of electronical problems, the power seat switch doesn't work, the man who she bought it from replaced the Wiper Switch Board, from a standard type to a delay, and it doesn't function right at all; they dont turn off unless you hit the "washer" button, and they dont work intermediately, they go on a low cycle for about 20 seconds, then stop for 20 seconds, and the repeats. She also needs her air to be converted to the new freon, she needs a new fuel sending unit, and a new speedometer cable (she rattles like crazy at any speed). I know it seems like a lot, but your positive feedback will help us keep goin along with the process of bringing her back to new. Any advice and stories are welcome, I am extremely excited to get this car rolling, because one day I will marry Carolynn and I believe Lawfawnduh will be ours, heh. Thanks.

addison_ii
07-25-05, 02:46 AM
:welcome: to Cadillac Forums. I see a Napoleon Dynamite reference in the user name there. I can understand why you want to get this car back in tip-top shape(as seeing one day you will be part owner).I will reply to your other post and try to help as much as possible.

Boombotz
07-25-05, 07:02 AM
:welcome: to the forums. Good Luck with the repairs.

cheech850
07-25-05, 08:30 AM
welcome to the forums. i'm sure you will find all the help you need here

cheech850
07-25-05, 08:32 AM
welcome to the forums. i'm sure you will find all the help you need here.

D148L0
07-25-05, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the forums.

michael96
08-01-05, 03:12 PM
Welcome

kingphil69
08-13-05, 07:47 PM
if you need R12 for that baby, let me know :) always willing to help someone who loves there caddy as much as i do! kingphil69@yahoo.com