: My vacation

majax
07-25-05, 12:03 AM
Let me first start with how it ended! On our way back from Kellog Idaho to Coer d'Alene we got stopped in traffic for about 2 hours. In that 2 hours we went about 3-4 miles in the hot sun with no gas. Since there was low gas we shut off the a/c... check out the link and you will see why we were stopped. We were on I90 west bound. http://www.kxly.com/new/getstory.asp?id=44532
A cow truck crashed and then caught on fire. Traffic was backed up for about 6 miles as far as I could tell.

Well it started in Bayview ID. We were schedualed a rustic place to stay and a boat but when we got there the rustic place was a dump and the boat was only for saturday 8-1. So we left and went to Sandpoint stayed there. On the second day we went up to Canada and wow is it ever so beutiful. There we went to Creston and toured the Columbian Brewery (kokanee). We even brought back some Kokanee Gold not sold in the U.S. The funniest part of the trip was the border patrol guy just letting us in and saying just remember your birth certificates and passports next time. We were given a hard time coming back through the U.S. border. My dad did not want to declare the Kokanee.

Later on we went to the Hiawatha bike trail which has a 2 mile tunnel. It is all old railroad tracks. That was fun then we headed home and got stuck in traffic.:bonkers:

Kev
07-25-05, 12:17 AM
Sounds like fun except for the freeway BBQ. You have to watch those quiant descriptions such as 'rustic' that is typically a euphemism for 'broken down and should be condemned'. 'Use of a boat' could describe a two man skiff circa 1880's! :suspense:

ben72227
07-25-05, 01:02 AM
Idaho?!:madtalkin

Majax you should have just gone on over to Montana - you could have gone to the REAL beautiful part of Canada (Glacier/Waterton Park). Besides, that part of Idaho is full of skinheads. Everybody knows that:nono:

Ralph
07-25-05, 01:04 AM
Majax you should have just gone on over to Montana - you could have gone to the REAL beautiful part of Canada (Glacier/Waterton Park)

Montana is part of Canada now?? ;)

:hide:

Majax, tell them about the FREE ferry ride, and how polite everyone was. :shhh: :sneaky:

majax
07-25-05, 01:40 AM
Yes when we drove around the selkirk mountains we had to take a ferry because Canada is to cheap to afford a bridge ;). Anyways the ferry was free and it was a very nice ride. The funniest thing was some guy changed his underwear on the deck and mooned me and my dad. Everyone seems very nice and layed back in Canada.

Ralph
07-25-05, 01:41 AM
Yes when we drove around the selkirk mountains we had to take a ferry because Canada is to cheap to afford a bridge ;). Anyways the ferry was free and it was a very nice ride. The funniest thing was some guy changed his underwear on the deck and mooned me and my dad. Everyone seems very nice and layed back in Canada.

:eek: :histeric:

majax
07-25-05, 01:43 AM
Idaho?!:madtalkin

Majax you should have just gone on over to Montana - you could have gone to the REAL beautiful part of Canada (Glacier/Waterton Park). Besides, that part of Idaho is full of skinheads. Everybody knows that:nono:

I don't think you know where I live. Latah County Idaho:want:it is about 90 miles south of Coer d'Alene. Probably about 200 to the border. Trust me the Selkirks were beutiful. It was rainy and they had clouds on the them and awesome mist was over the water lake there.

For the most part there are not many skinheads, thank you.:rant2:

ben72227
07-25-05, 01:52 AM
For the most part there are not many skinheads, thank you.:rant2:

Maybe not in the Southern part of Idaho, but there are LOTS of 'em in the northern part just north of Coeur d'Alene with their white power billboard signs, keep the mexicans out, etc. I know Majax, I was in Montana this year and i thought maybe I could have some fun at the Silverwood Amusement Park, and I did, but there were tons of them there. It makes sense though, since that's where the headquarters were/are of the Aryan Nations:devil:

majax
07-25-05, 02:00 AM
I am not in Southern Idaho!!!!! Boise is 5 hours south. I am in the panhandle...Odd how you can identify these hillbillies and all...maybe I have lived here for to long. Last I heard Aryan Nations is gone ever since they shot at that wife and kids... There are definatley no white power billboard signs. That is complete B.S.

I am glad you liked Silverwood. That can be a fun place especially when you know someone who works there. :D

Now I am going to watch the cows that held us up in traffic on I90 running around on the road.