: Ashy gray molding

smoovlatino
07-24-05, 07:53 PM
Does anyone have a problem with the grey plastic molding on the rear bumper and ESPECIALLY the cover panels on the EXT getting light and discolored? N E one have N E suggestions on how to keep it looking grey and not looking spotted with birdcrap?

99escalademan
07-24-05, 08:36 PM
armorall

addison_ii
07-24-05, 08:40 PM
I would try lotion. Just kidding. I agree with 99escalademan on armor all. Or there is some stuff called stay black or stay grey. It's supposedly made for black or grey trim and is used to remedy the problem of which you described.

smoovlatino
07-24-05, 10:08 PM
I've tried Armor All with no avail..... it kept a rich color for about a week before going ashy again....:(

jrs05caddyext
07-25-05, 10:13 AM
The best thing to do is paint the grey trim and the covers to match you truck. Problem solved, if you want to spend some $$. I did this and it looks great.

Xrayqueen
07-27-05, 12:46 PM
I would give Zaino a try. It's like Armoral but it is not so harsh and it last longer. I think Sal sells it or you can order it on line.
Peace Xrayqueen :)

Boombotz
07-27-05, 06:50 PM
The best thing to do is paint the grey trim and the covers to match you truck. Problem solved, if you want to spend some $$. I did this and it looks great.

Can you post a pic of that.

jrs05caddyext
07-28-05, 12:06 PM
Here is a bad pic Sorry. Ill try to get a better one on here soon.

suckit
07-28-05, 04:36 PM
What molding are you guys talking about??? Where do you get that rear emblem from?

jrs05caddyext
07-28-05, 04:59 PM
What molding are you guys talking about??? Where do you get that rear emblem from?

On the rear bumper and on the three panels that cover your bed. The emblem was not purchased; I got a razor blade and took the center piece out. I then used paint thinner to remove the remaining paint.

suckit
07-28-05, 07:09 PM
Ic ic, well there's this vinyl and rubber cleaner by Meguirs that makes the plastic real nice, like pretty much new again. About $10 at Kragrens. Although it works, after acouple weeks, the damn things start looking dull again, I guess you just got to keep using it if you want the clean dark look.