: Brakes

rprokorym
07-24-05, 07:29 PM
Hello,

Our 2004 SRX just turned 17.000 miles. We have a front brake that is digging into one of the rotors. Anybody out there seeing premature brake wear? Great vehicle otherwise.

Ray

john d
07-24-05, 08:06 PM
Hello,

Our 2004 SRX just turned 17.000 miles. We have a front brake that is digging into one of the rotors. Anybody out there seeing premature brake wear? Great vehicle otherwise.

Ray
What's your build date (it's on the driver's door label, upper right corner of the label)?
Is it 03/04 or earlier and do you have V8 awd?
Did you buy it new from a Cadillac dealer?
Has it been in a Cadillac service department since you bought it?

rprokorym
07-25-05, 12:58 AM
Our SRX was built in 12/03. It is an awd v-8. We purcchased it new in March of 04 from a Cadillac dealer. It has been back for some warrenty work and recalls. About four visits including maintenence. I am disappointed the brakes could be worn down in 17.000 miles. my wife is the primary driver and she is not aggesive or prone to riding the brakes. Is this this a problem with anyone else?

Ray

john d
07-25-05, 02:19 AM
Our SRX was built in 12/03. It is an awd v-8. We purcchased it new in March of 04 from a Cadillac dealer. It has been back for some warrenty work and recalls. About four visits including maintenence. I am disappointed the brakes could be worn down in 17.000 miles. my wife is the primary driver and she is not aggesive or prone to riding the brakes. Is this this a problem with anyone else?

Ray

Has your SRX been reflashed?
Review my posts on thread "0 - 60 awd" as follows:
#1 6-12-05
#33 6-29-05
#71 7-18-05
My belief is that with the engine rpm not dropping to idle (after the reflash) when letting off the accelerator pedal is like braking with your foot still adding power while comming to a stop.
That would cause pre-mature brake wear!
Look at your repair orders and if you don't see a reflash noted call the dealer and ask of they did a reflash on your ECM.
Let us know what you find.

BMWDON
07-26-05, 12:15 PM
Another data point....

2004 V8AWD build 3/04, no reflash, brakes were replaced at 42,000. rotors were ok. appears to be normal wear.

vehicle now at 48,000, knock on wood! great vehicle! other than recall updates, no issues.

rprokorym
07-29-05, 01:25 PM
Okay,

We just got our SRX back from the shop. Cadillac replaced all four brake linings and turned all the rotors. They agreed, at 17,000 miles, this was premature brake wear. They have never reflashed the ECM and the vehicle seems to decelerate okay after you lift off the throttle. So, I suppose we will downshift as much as possible and hope the tranny holds up longer than the next set of brakes!
AWD V8 Built in 12/03

Ray