: Help! Wife's 02' Escalade is leaning to one side!

cajunairman
07-24-05, 07:36 AM
I'm trying to figure out if her shocks are going out or if a spring fatigued. It's lower by about 1 1/2 inches at the front left. Are the shocks gas charged on these front and rear like they were on my Yukon XL? Anyone else observe a similar problem. She has 52K miles on it. AFAIK, no shocks have been replaced yet.

slk230mb
07-24-05, 08:21 AM
Wow, sounds weird. I would think for it being 1.5 inches lower that it might be something more than a bad shock. Can you take a pic of it, that's something I'd like to see. I have 72k on my truck and it still sits at the level it did when I got it 2 years and 30k ago.

Adam
07-24-05, 02:42 PM
take it as a sign, BAG IT!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, ill go back to my corner now.

89vette
07-24-05, 08:07 PM
The torsion bar might need adjusted. A shock would not cause it to lean but a torsion bar would.

hcvone
07-25-05, 07:40 AM
There are adjustment on the "keys" that attach to the torsion bars, just crank the side up that is lower, but FIRST I would have the front end looked at because something might have broke.

cajunairman
07-25-05, 07:54 AM
I talked with my mechanic yesterday at an auto-x and I forgot those had the torsion bars. He said he could adjust it. Thanks for the inputs. The front diff is whining a little too so he's going to look at that and level it.

cya

Jeff

Ragingbull21
12-15-12, 09:59 AM
I wish someone answered you sincerly on that, I have the same problem with my 03, the passenger side is down drivers side is up. I had the oil changed last month in the front diff and im also hearing the same wining sound. I hope that is not a sign of the AWD going out. If you find out the issue with it please let me know?

Thankyou Ken,

MrHolland
12-15-12, 10:25 AM
Post #5 seems sincere to me.

jnrsesv
12-15-12, 10:44 AM
Me too, Mr. Holland!

the cadillac man
12-15-12, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to figure out if her shocks are going out or if a spring fatigued. It's lower by about 1 1/2 inches at the front left. Are the shocks gas charged on these front and rear like they were on my Yukon XL? Anyone else observe a similar problem. She has 52K miles on it. AFAIK, no shocks have been replaced yet.

The front has torsion bars along with shocks(most likely it's the shock bad) the rear has air shocks along with coil springs